Fender Guitars...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Rocker, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

Andy Summers (one of my fav fender player)

[​IMG]

Devin and Johnny Rocker like this.
  2. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Outstanding collection of Fenders!:thumbsup::cool:

3. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

I've been having a lot of fun with this guitar I just got last weekend (fathers day gift from my son):

[​IMG]

It's a Fender (Mexico) "Special Edition" Strat. The stock ceramic pickups have been replaced with a GFS "'70s non-staggered" set, and I installed a set of "String Saver" saddles to the bridge and a Fender Accesories Kit (all black) to tone down the cosmetics a bit. The neck is like butta.

Fender Special Edition Standard Stratocaster Black
    KP - 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Strat - More Power!! More Tone!! - Kwikplug® Ready
    String Saver Saddles | Graph Tech Guitar Labs
    Fender Stratocaster Accessory Kit - Black

4. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I was just looking at one of those. The all black treatment looks slick.

jerico and Johnny Rocker like this.
  5. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

[​IMG]

My 2008 Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Strat in Sherwood Green Metallic.

seacliffe301 and Lonson like this.
  6. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

I am more into gibson but I must say the ergonomic of a strat is perfect, the way the back is curved is very comfortable when I play seated...(i own a mexican fender strat classic player fifties in vintage sunburst) and I am pretty amazed how my fender telecaster 1963 RI custom shop model (candy apple red with rosewood board - just like muddy waters but it's only me playing) plays ..; That said, i am always disappointed if i go to a concert and the guitarist is playing a strat...I always think the guy is so straight minded (no offense to the strat players out there, they sure think the same as they see that guy playing classic rock with a les paul in a cover band)...I am more into fender amps (and fender tweed above fender blackface) than fender guitars...

7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

[​IMG]

The 1969 Fender catalogue which I have.

See it all here:
    fender

Fender lovin' care :D

Schoolmaster Bones likes this.
  8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I've still got that one too. I used to also have the 67/68 "Teen Fair Edition" pocket-size full-line catalog, but that one vanished. I suspect the mom tossed it.

Purple Jim likes this.
  9. Steppenwolf playing Sookie Sookie on Playboy After Dark. Guitarist Michael Monarch has said he used a Fender Esquire on their first album which included this song and Born To Be Wild as well as a Fender Concert amp. Looks like he might be playing an Esquire about one minute into this video.

vanhooserd and budwhite like this.
  10. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Dig my 1997 California Telecaster...

11. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I use Squier Bass guitars professionally. I've no complaints nor have I heard any.

Archtop and ianuaditis like this.
  12. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

Some of we more "seasoned" players might remember these two Fender ad campaigns from the mid-70s ("Storybook" and "Animusicals")...

Fender Storybook Ad Campaign

[​IMG]

Devin likes this.
  13. Plexiclone

Plexiclone Forum Resident

Fenders and G&Ls are nearly bulletproof. Hell, Keith Richards has defended the stage with his!! Leo really got it right with the Esquire, Telecaster, Stratocaster and later with the G&L Asat and Legacy. There are a lot of bars that you wouldn't dare bring a Les Paul into for fear of it getting destroyed, not a worry with a Fender tele or a strat.

14. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

On some of the "official" sites, one doesn't get much love for Squier, but a good player is a good player and it's difficult to minimize the importance of sitting well in one's hands. It's nice to have a rare instrument, but it's better to have a great player. That is if you are a musician rather than a collector. I was the former for a long time, but now I am, not so willingly, the latter, soon to become a divestor; only because I collected too much while I was playing and was always looking for something different.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  15. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

My one and only guitar is a Fender acousic, a truly dreadful instrument. Lesson learned, Fender electrics are amazing, the acoustics not so much.

alexpop and ianuaditis like this.
  16. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

That's true in my experience, too. I never met a Fender acoustic I liked.

ianuaditis likes this.
  17. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

What's the issue? The intonation, the sonics or something else? As far as acoustics go, I've only owned a Fender 12-string acoustic bought on the cheap due to a fire sale. And I literally mean fire. And yes, I gave that one away for a song, so I get where you're coming from.

ianuaditis likes this.
  18. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

The fret ends will cut your fingers, the action is lunar high even with the truss rod maxed out, poor intonation, globs of glue on the interior, bargain basement tuners, etc. Despite all that I played it for a long time and still have it on death row in the basement. A Martin, one day, one day...

Archtop and ianuaditis like this.
  19. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I've had 4 fender acoustics. For the price they are/were fine instruments. And by fine I mean 'good enough.' (I paid a total of $320 for the four, the $300 being for an electric-acoustic bass, which I realize now is a waste of money at any price. But it is a very nice specimen. ) I got 2 for free that were broken, and bought one for $20 off craigslist. $25 worth of parts and some TLC and they do the job.

I'm not saying your point doesn't stand, just not every one is a complete horror show.

The 'higher-end' bass was pretty nice; I've gotten their dirt-cheap models to play OK, I'd love to see how a higher end acoustic from them does.

Archtop likes this.
  20. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Gibson is sweet in that department.

Hardy Melville likes this.
  21. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Well, as my avatar suggests I'm a big Tom Morello fan, and so I can't avoid posting some pics of him with his Fender weapons :)
    For old school RATM fans I guess Tom is mostly associated with his Fender American Standard Telecaster aka "Sendero Luminoso" (not a Mexican made as some interviews or features suggest).
    [​IMG]

As for me, my personal favourite was always his Audioslave comrade "Soul Power", which is a Fender American Deluxe 'Black 'n Chrome' Designer Edition FSR Stratocaster (not an Aerodyne, as some believe). Why did I wrote that name so specifically? Because that's my ideal Stratocaster guitar (just like Wayne's Olympic White in Wayne's World) and I had a chance to get the guitar from the same series.
    [​IMG]

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

And last but not least Tom also was spotted using another Fender Telecaster which looks close to Soul Power design but doesn't have a color-matched headstock. And it's not an Elite model, note that there's no hole on his after 22nd fret and the photo suggests that he started to use it during SSSC days, circa 2008-2009.
    [​IMG]

danielbravo and ianuaditis like this.
  22. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

I enjoy the various vintage Fenders and newer Squier's I have in my collection. my lightweight '75[​IMG]

23. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

24. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

[​IMG] my 74:

danielbravo likes this.
  25. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.