Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I keep looking forward to the next episode which is all I can ask of a series. Love it.

OldSoul, zobalob, Big Pasi and 2 others like this.
  2. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Just rewatched the first two parts, and I keep getting drawn deeper and deeper into this show. Things I didn't really catch the first time-- the uniformed cop observing the interrogation of Bill Hastings by Det. Macklay in Buckhorn, was that the same guy who is married to Beverly, Ben Horne's secretary, whom we meet in Ep. 7? How does that make sense? Also, the piece of flesh that Macklay finds in the trunk of Hastings' Volvo bears some resemblance to the piece of Ike the Spike left on the gun in Ep. 7. Again, how does that make sense? All the talk of Phillip Jeffries completely flew right past me the first time; the voice actor playing him is listed as Al Strobel (the One-Armed Man)!. There are more cameos that I recognized at the Roadhouse at the end-- Red looking at Shelley, Renault behind the bar; who's the guy who came in with James, and was he wearing one blue glove?

trumpet sounds likes this.
  3. Raf

Raf Senior Member

That ghostly dark man whom we first saw near Bill Hasting's jail cell in Ep. 2 and then walked past Diane in Ep. 7 … is that Jerry Horne?

4. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

I prefer the theory that it's the Log Lady's late husband who was killed in a fire. I tend to see Jerry as a peripheral character that doesn't really link to those more integral themes of the show. However I really have no idea, which is obviously part of the fun of all this. Twin Peaks, the show and associated speculation, is taking up a lot of my spare time now. It's even sneaking into my dreams!

5. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

He walked past Lieutenant Knox (at the morgue), not past Diane.

I agree with Wild Frank that if this character has a link to Twin Peaks canon, he is the spirit of the Log Lady's husband.

6. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

Is there anyone who knows if/when season three is being released on "home video"?

7. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

Definitely not Jerry. I read an interview with the actor. Interestingly, he is so far uncredited, so his identity is obviously a major plot point.

8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

No, it wasn't the same actor. Beverly's husband was played by Hugh Dillon, a Vancouver actor and rock musician.

Strobel plays Phillip Gerard. That's the one armed man's name in the real world.

9. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

The uniformed cop in the interrogation scene sure resembled Beverly's infirm husband from my recollection, and I thought it said Phillip Jeffries in the cast list for Episode 1. I guess in both cases my eyes are playing tricks on me!

10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It was just another bald guy. Beverly's husband is very sick and lives in Twin Peaks, so I don't think he's also working for the Buckhorn police.

11. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I agree, that's why I thought it was so strange... even for Twin Peaks.

12. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

Here are two teaser photos from Twin Peaks episode 8 -- probably clues.

[​IMG]

13. DVEric

Twin Peaks episode 8, Photo #2

[​IMG]

14. I'm kind of getting tired of the "Dougie" buffoon storyline. Let's get Coop back in action and give him his memory back.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  15. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

Blue rose!

16. Thatfabulousalien

Thatfabulousalien Well-Known Member

Lol, I've already discussed the current episodes of season three to death already :biglaugh:

But it's great there is a thread here, tomorrow will be fun! :winkgrin:

17. Thatfabulousalien

Thatfabulousalien Well-Known Member

But black lodge?

p.s. It's obvious that it is all leading up that that

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i agree...it is getting real old, but naomi watts is emmy caliber right now, and when coop comes back i will miss her.

19. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I'm okay with the the current projectile of the Dougie storyline AS LONG AS there is decent payoff with the storytelling. I'm a pretty big DKL fan and I'll admit most of the time he does things for a reason with Inland Empire being the most random of his works. I've been listening to the audiobook of The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost and it's a very nice supplement to the current season, helping to curb my Twin Peaks appetite in the weeks between new episodes.

I'm loving the series btw. It's like DKL's greatest hits with some of that Mark Frost TV-charm from the old series. Kyle MacLachlan deserves an emmy nomination for his performance. And I like how it seems like each new episode focuses more and more on the town and people of Twin Peaks while the music is creeping in more.

As a hardcore Twin Peaks fan I don't know how we could have gotten anything better than we're getting now. Fresh, raw, and artistic with enough of the town and old characters to make it feel like Twin Peaks. As fun as a straight-up nostalgia tinged sequel would be, this one balances the old and new for me so that it doesn't feel like a lazy rehash.

20. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I think all this Dougie stuff is going to make Cooper going back to normal more emotional.

21. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Wounded Land and bferr1 like this.
  22. DVEric

23. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

I read on another forum that one of the producers also tweeted that tonight's episode is must see

24. I realize that Lynch always does things at his own pace but the repetitive angle of the story is getting old. I love Watts though.

25. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

What the Hell was that. Episode 8