Are there still living legends ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tartifless, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I am completing buying most of the catalog of Kate Bush(I only had 'The Dreaming' & 'Hounds of Love'), so far got 'The Kick Inside', 'Never for Ever', 'The Director's Cut(to get 'The Sensual World' & better Analog Version of 'The Red Shoes' & the 3rd Bonus CD and the Deluxe Edition is a nice hardback book set), 'Aspects of The Sensual World'(Used Copy in great condition for 3 Bonus Songs and Instrumental Version of the Title Track). I still need to get 'Aerial' & '50 Words for Snow'(will need to check out 'Lionheart, as heard it was a rushed 2nd album). The Box Set(This Woman's Work?) is too expensive now.

I just bought 'The Whole Story' to get her re-recorded version of 'Wuthering Heights' in her more mature older voice and wish she would have re-recorded all of the songs from her fist 3 albums in her older voice for songs put on ''The Whole Story', as admittedly, I do not care for her Teenage Voice either.

Instead of playing 'Running Up that Hill' you should play them 'Cloudbusting' and show them the Video-IMO.

Calling her 'Weird' is something I would consider a compliment to describe her Artistic Music Catalog-IMO.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

Internationally, I would consider Depeche Mode living legends. They play to stadiums overseas, amphitheatres and arenas in the U.S. They are on tour as we speak. The band was formed in 1980. They have influenced many younger bands over the years.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I will be heartbroken when Billy Bragg goes. He may not have as wide reaching audience as some of the other greats, but I still feel confident putting him in the same living legend category as Joni Mitchell in terms of impact on my life... and I try as hard as possible not to think about her mortality.

Maidenpriest and Aurora like this.
  4. Calling All Stations

Calling All Stations Forum Resident

Phil Collins for me. His work with Genesis, Brand X and Eric Clapton is incredible in addition to a major solo career.

5. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

Agreed.

6. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

John McLaughlin

StarThrower62, drobo and JackS like this.
  7. Joti Cover

Gary Brooker ...Procol Harum still going @ 50.

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"ISSUE ONE!"
    [​IMG]

9. Joti Cover

Peter Gabriel

Maidenpriest, JackS and Aurora like this.
  10. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

Just saw the man a week ago, perhaps never more brilliant....and he seemed delighted to be performing (but then, who wouldn't with that band?!)

11. Joti Cover

Robert Wyatt

12. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I'm so grateful to know that you're still with us.

13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

14. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Julian Cope

15. Joti Cover

16. Joti Cover

Herb Albert

frankfan1 and soundboy like this.
  17. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

BROAD definition of 'leged' being drawn here....WOW!.....think HARD people---Please!

18. Joti Cover

Here a legend would be an well-known individual (if not wildly famous then at least widely recognized and respected in intensely interested circles) who has either changed up the way the music is composed, recorded, performed, imaged or received.
    This person would either create wild anticipation in an audience before taking the current live stage or be able to regale one for hours regarding his/her many-storied career.

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

In our minds or theirs?

;)

20. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

I'm not in the business of trying to educate people. If they're curious about music, I'll play them something but if they dont like it, I'm not on a mission to change their minds. I'm not a Gaffa person. Kate is great, but its irrelevant if others dont think so.

21. refmpclp

refmpclp Well-Known Member

Patti Smith. At 71 - still planning a next album, a mystery novel on the way, a tour of Europe continuing through the summer. Her drawing of Robert Mapplethorpe hangs in the MOMA and her photographs and drawings have been shown in museums all over the world. An international legend.

Joti Cover likes this.
  22. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

The ones that I still follow:
    Bob Dylan
    Augie Meyers
    P.J. Proby
    Jackie DeShannon
    Scott Walker
    Jeff Beck
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    Roky Erickson
    Ray Davies/Dave Davies
    Roger McGuinn/Chris Hillman
    Michael Head/John Head
    Kim Deal
    Brian Wilson
    Michael Nesmith
    Tom Verlaine/Richard Lloyd
    Danny O'Keefe
    The Pretty Things
    Redd Kross
    Teenage Fanclub

23. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

Johnny mathis. Nobody's had a longer relationship with a label .

24. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

There are tons of them!

Think of all the black singers from back in the day that are still alive! Many of them are living legends!

25. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Berry Gordy..Martha Reeves..Little Anthony..Carla Thomas..Ronald Isley..Tina Turner..Otis Williams..George Benson..Ron Carter..Patrice Rushen..Charley Thomas..Herb Fame..Wanda Rodgers..Ray Parker Jr..Johnny Mathis..Doris Day..Sly Stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.