Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I read not too long ago that Arya is going to be even more of a badass in the final two season. She is supposed to take her revenge/assassinations to the next level compared to last season.

vince likes this.
  2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I was watching a rerun recently. A relatively early one. And the red witch was talking to Arya. She leaned down... And squinted into her eyes. And said...i see a man... And a woman. I see blue eyes, brown and green. What she saw, I think, was a future I Am No One. A girl of many faces.

Arya has picked up so much knowledge through the years. She might be young. But the life she's lived... And the things she's learned... and the diverse people she's learned them from... makes her one of the badassedest people on this show. All sweetly wrapped in a girl's body.

Bender Rodriguez, neo123 and Deuce66 like this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Like everybody, I have no idea where this series will ultimately go but I have a good idea. I wouldn't stay attached to too many of the characters if I were you (Daenarys for instance) but I do think Jon will be left standing at the end. After all, they've already killed him once...

Deuce66 and Chris from Chicago like this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

I wonder if this will the one show where the ending is not all roses and sunshine...will darkness and winter wipe everything out?

5. Chris from Chicago

You're right. Anything can happen. But I would be stunned... like jaw on the floor stunned...if Daenarys got killed. I always saw her, Jon and Tyrion as the human equivalent of the three headed dragon.

God I love this show

6. Chris from Chicago

I don't necessarily want a happy ending (in spite of my fairy tale three headed dragon post). This show has always shown a real life political cut throat-ness. That's why it's always intrigued me.

Deuce66 and GodShifter like this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

My feeling is (and this isn't a spoiler as nobody knows), but Jon and Daenarys will be together but she'll ultimately die in the fight for Westeros against the White Walkers. Perhaps she dies trying to save one of her dragons. Ultimately Jon will be on the Iron Throne and rule. I don't foresee a feel good ending but I don't see it ending in total bleakness either. We'll have to wait and see! Looking forward to it!

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Just saw that HBO will be starting their marathon on the first Sat. of July!

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't think the mother of dragons is going anywhere, I like what she stands for however there's a part of her personality that I don't like at all, I think Tyrion's job is to keep that madness in check and channel it to the best solution.

10. vince

Just saw the trailer.....
    SOOooooo, was I right?
    Is Danni at Stannis' old stomping grounds, Dragonstone?

11. Chris from Chicago

I think so. At least it looks like it. I'm trying NOT to see too much in the trailer. I want to absorb this all at once and all as it happens.

GodShifter likes this.
  12. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Agreed. Daenarys is the main character. GRRM says that he started with the story of Daenarys and then wrote the rest around that.

13. vince

I'm having a vision of Samm & Gilly meeting Danni to tell her about the dragon glass...... AWESOME!

14. vince

Hard to tell;
    Will they be airing a season a DAY, or, a season every Saturday?

15. vince

edit:
    Just checked the HBO GOT site;
    They're doing it ALL in order, staring Sat.
    JEEZ... don't they know that people go to WORK?!?!?!

16. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Doesn't Cersei have a prophesy issue?

17. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yes, but it's not so clear and may have already run its course in the show. In the book, there is an additional piece of the prophesy: "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar (meaning Tyrion) shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." The absense of that part of the prophesy in the show, as well as the lack of clarity about the second part (about a more beautiful queen coming along to take everything Cersei holds dear), suggests the prophesy may have already come to fruition. Certainly Cersei's three children are gone, and they were what she held dear.

brew ziggins likes this.
  18. Chris from Chicago

I had assumed, until about episode 9 of last season, that Margeary (?), was the younger more beautiful queen. Now I'm guessing it's Daenarys.

This series rarely gives you unnecessary information. Almost all of it will mean... something.

Bender Rodriguez and GodShifter like this.
  19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I think the more beautiful queen referenced is Daenarys. Margaery isn't queen long enough either time to really qualify ... and she dies.

20. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Well, there's no doubt the first part of the prophesy has come to pass and Cersei's children have been wiped out. What else does she hold dear? Not much. Margaery may not have directly stripped Cersei of her council position, freedom and pride in Season 6, but it certainly happened while Margaery was queen. That's why I think the prophecy has run its course and the show is free to go in unpredictable directions.

21. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

My opinion has been all the time that Daenarys is the more beautiful queen referenced in the prophesy. With Margaery more in the picture it would be (too) easy for Cersei to think that the prophesy alluded to Margaery, hence all efforts by Cersei to kill her, but I think she will be undone by Daenarys.
    Keep in mind that the prophesy explicitly mentioned that she would have 3 kids and all 3 would die prematurely. Next to that the prophesy mentioned the younger, more beautiful queen that would take everything from her that she holds dear. So that part is separate from her children. My guess is that Danaerys will take away the throne from her (the power that Cersei craves for) and maybe even Jaime.

22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

....and of course, if Daenarys does take the throne, there's no guarantee that she'll keep it. After all, this is Game of Thrones. Hell, anything's possible. Maybe Daenarys kills Jon to get to the throne, and than Arya exacts some Stark vengeance! And she winds up ruling with Gendry! We could come up with a zillion different endings! Howzabout Tyrion and Sansa for the win? Tellyawhat, it would almost be disappointing if what everyone expects to happen, Jon and Daenarys winning, did happen.

23. vince

...how 'bout.....
    Everybody dies in the great war....EXCEPT!;
    [​IMG]

24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Before next season begins let's get this right:

The correct spelling is:
    DAENERYS

I did have to double check myself.

GodShifter likes this.
  25. vince

Perhaps, if they don't use the ENTIRE 'opening credits/theme song' for every episode this year.....
    that'll give us an extra MINUTE of show!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.