New Mac in the house

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by sberger, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorangers

gorangers Forum Resident

Those speakers are beautiful!! The pair I bought recently had the original grill covers. The frames are in rough shape, but the fabric is pretty good shape. I'm thinking about carefully removing the fabric from the frames, cleaning the fabric carefully, building some new frames and reusing the old fabric. Does this seem worthwhile or perhaps I should buy new fabric? BTW...that McIntosh receiver is stunning too.

2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream Thread Starter

I think that would work assuming the fabric is in good shape. You might try asking the question over at the speaker forums of Audiokarma, where there are at least a couple of expert AR restorers, and the Classic Speaker Pages, in the AR section where again there are several folks with much experience in all things AR.

bluemooze likes this.
  3. gorangers

gorangers Forum Resident

Thanks sberger! I am a member over there and will do as you suggested.

4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream Thread Starter

Since this thread was brought back to life, I suppose I should update my changes. I have since moved on from the 4100. I traded it for a Mac 1700 receiver, which I very much enjoyed. Then when the opportunity to pick up a clean MX110(M series) pre came up, I went for it. I've also moved on(at least temporarily) from the AR speakers to Klipsch Cornwall II's. Those are being driven by the 110 and a pair of restored Dynaco MKIII's, and on occasion a restored Mac MC250 amp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

nm_west, gorangers and Ham Sandwich like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.