McCartney says Stones should play hits*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ToddRod, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Yes, I recently travelled from Liverpool to London by train. My seat was "assigned" when I booked. No additional charge.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Did you see Macca? ;)

daveidmarx likes this.
  3. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Oh, you sound so sweet tonight...

4. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

No. I was in "super" first class. Too busy rattling my jewellery to notice.

coffeetime, andrewskyDE and adm62 like this.
  5. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I'm kind of glad that they did take a photo. He looks so peaceful in it. It may be one of my favorite recent Paul photos.

6. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

Is that a Big Macca? Paul McCartney treats himself to a burger

It was a lunchtime treat that looked more than a little Beatle juicy.

And Sir Paul McCartney certainly seemed to be enjoying himself as he tucked into a burger for lunch in posh Beverly Hills on Wednesday.

The legendary musician was enjoying some quality time with wife Nancy Shevell in the well-heeled area of Los Angeles.

[​IMG]

That looks Beatle juicy: Paul McCartney seemed to be enjoying his burger in Beverly Hills on Wednesday

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

OK, sure. No one needs to hear the Hey Jude singalong again. But admit it: If McCartney went deep into his catalog and slotted Live and Let Die into his setlist, you'd be back in in a heartbeat.

ToddRod likes this.
  8. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

LOL! Wow, if only he could come up with a big finish for such an obscure selection!

9. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

I bet it's a veggie burger.

10. He's always said this. I think that he isn't specifically criticizing them for anything other than making sure to include fan favs mixed with new albums.

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Should be on a t-shirt....
    like, "Frankie Says Relax".

12. Let's go with a different album every stop of the tour going back to their first and working their way through formthe first half then hits in the second.

13. He wasn't The Beatles "front man". The Beatles didn't have a frontman.the originally caption n sounds like it was written by someone who has never seen The Beatles "Eight Days A Week" movie or any video for that matter.

14. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

The Licks tour sorta did that, even though they didn't focus on every album, just the classics (for the arena shows only)...the "warhorses" got played in the second half of the show, though. I've said before McCartney should undertake a tour like that some time: all the biggies (solo and Beatles) done in the stadiums, with deeper cuts mixed with hits on offer in the arenas and theatre shows that would basically be Paul, a piano and an acoustic guitar, playing whatever he wants.

15. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

The 'walking stick' is being carried with end to camera but actually it's no walking stick but an obscure musical instrument whose output can be heard only by fleas.

16. Klassik

If you look again at the appallingly badly constructed sentence, you'll see that they're referring to '..the former beatle's frontman's designer daughter'.
    This is referring to Paul's until-now top-secret personal assistant Chesney who designed his daughter using an app called 'Get Daughtery'.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Frederick Mars likes this.
  17. Klassik

This is what happens when Paul McCarney (sic) goes 'off-script' and stops reciting his previously-stated views word for word.
    Paul needs to learn that we simply can't cope with this kind of variation. When he used Stones songs in place of 'Hey Jude' and 'Let It Be', he caused a firmware failure in 90% of 21 year old spotty journalists who learned their trade using an app called 'Get Writey'. Simultaneously, up to 71% of catheter-wearing Beatle-collectors were stirred to what passes for rage at their age by the idea that their other icons were being attacked by one of their own.
    Get back on track Macca, keep your set list exactly as it's been since 1989 and dye your hair etc etc

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.