Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Man yesterday it looked as if Paul was auditioning to play Kraven the Hunter in a Spiderman movie!

[​IMG]
    FRIENDSHIP!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Friendship with Paul? More like BS!

I watched the feeds over the last day or so, and he started acting like a real person...except when it came to Dom. I really don't blame him, or Dom for their hostility toward each other. Cody started it just to rile people up before he left the house. But, I still say Dom could have handled it much better than she did.

And, I may have been wrong about Mark. I don't know what his deal was when he threw the pickle juice in Josh's face, or what, but he does have a soft heart. Maybe it really was bad between him and his outside girlfriend. But, it seems like everyone's mellowed out. Maybe they believe Dom's going home tonight. But, you know how things turn out. She may be staying put.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

They really edited the show to favor Mark. They didn't show Josh telling everyone, especially Mark, that Mark was doing what got Mark to throw the hot sauce in Josh's face. There were several edits that favored the wrong person.

Again, the best TV for BB is when there's big conflict. What better way than have Cody come back? We'll see.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  4. Lonson

Well, I guess I meant it "ironically". . . Friendship is not something Kraven is known for.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Hopefully whatever twist they have in store for the Battle Back From The Block will help one of the other (besides Cody) players get back in.

F_C_FRANKLIN, Grant and rburly like this.
  6. Grant

I think there is more than just the Battle Of The Block.

I thought it was interesting that sociopathic Paul wants to talk philosophy with Dominique when they are out of the house. Perhaps he wants to clarify what he meant when they had that big argument in the HOH room. I don't know how that will happen after the way the two acted in the house. But, I think Dom forgot that it's a game. And, I don't know how she will feel when she finds out that Paul entertained putting on a blackface to annoy her. I also wonder how she will feel when she finds out that Cody was the one who set her up. Somehow, I don't even think sociopathic Cody remembers what he did to Mark and her before he left.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  7. rburly

The thing you have to remember is that Paul is very conscious of a lot of things, one of which is "good tv." He talks about it occasionally or will say to himself "this will make good tv. He's interested in connecting himself to BB and he's getting a lot of people to watch the shoe who normally wouldn't. He's "gaming" when there's a big blowup and he's part of it. He set up the 4-3 vote. He runs these people as long as they let him. If they're smart, he'll go next week. I just don't see that though. He's a pretty smart guy, but he also has the gift of gab and can go on for hours if needed. That dude is a competitor.

mark renard and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

He is definitely a fierce competitor and regarding the TV thing, after being on this show, The Bold & The Beautiful last year and "Candy Crush", I would agree he is going the Jeff Schroeder I-caught-the-acting-bug route.

rburly and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  9. Grant

I'll have to watch tonight's battle back tomorrow. I've gotten caught up in the over the top season.

10. Lonson

Oy. Of course who I didn't want back in . . . is back in.

11. rburly

I hated it too. No one wants him back but Jessica. And she can keep him safe this week.

12. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

What in the world was the reasoning for giving it to her of all people? Have you seen/heard any info on that aspect? Cynical me says the producers had all their friends and family and whatever other nefarious means to stuff the ballots because they knew they were going to favor the challenges toward Cody getting back in, and Jessica was their only chance to keeping him back in for awhile more.
    But that couldn't be the real answer, now could it. :shh:

13. rburly

It seemed hard to believe that people voted for Jessica to get the temptation. Everyone knows she'll keep Cody if he's put up. But...
    Jessica is the new HoH and she nominated Ramses and Josh. Should be an interesting week again.

applebonkerz and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  14. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

If they were smart, Paul, Cody, Jessica, and Alex would secretly team up to battle to final 4. No one would suspect them working together until it's too late. I suspect Paul is the backdoor option for now, however anything can change on a dime in that house in just a couple of days.

15. rburly

They just finished the POV competition. Believe it or not, Jessica won POV. Her target is Josh, but Ramses is most likely to go home this week.

16. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think there's some fixing going on.

Grant likes this.
  17. rburly

There's a lot of talk on the live feeds about that.

Jessica has been talking a little. She and Cody isolate themselves a lot. Jessica suggested to Cody that she put Alex up, though she's looking for someone to validate her thoughts. Again, we'll see...

18. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

During the HOH competition, there didn't seem to be any logic as to why some peoples red lights were falling (albeit just seconds into the competition). Meanwhile, Jessica had relish thrown at her neck as a diversion, and though she was visibly jarred her red light never faltered. I think the red lights were electronically magnetized and controlled by production.

Furthermore, I find it even harder to believe that Jessica is popular enough so that the viewers would give her the temptation (that's how it works, right?), and that said temptation be so advantageous in relation to the (seemingly gratuitous) return of Cody + safety over a potential four week span.

I've been watching for years, and never have I seen turns of events that were so glaringly "viewer bait."

I haven't been watching the feeds (but I'm caught up on this thread!), but that's just my amateur conspiracy theory. YMMV.

rburly and Miller92473 like this.
  19. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Fan voting is a click bait scam that generates revenue for CBS.

Your vote determines absolutely nothing.

Production decides 100% who wins what.

BB is a 'reality' show, not a game show, and the show is so obviously rigged.

zephyr25 likes this.
  20. Grant

There's always meddling by the producers. They know who the audience faves are, and they play up to them. It seems like Cody is a favorite, and Paul is a favorite, so let's see how this battle of wits works out.

21. Grant

I don't know if CBS is rigging the votes, but there are super fans out there who are creating multiple accounts and voting like mad. They have nothing better to do, I guess.

22. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I don't watch network TV series and especially realty shows hardly at all and I haven't for several years. However when it comes to BB I'm hooked and pinned to the TV for every moment. Why this one show I don't know but I love watching it.

rburly likes this.
  23. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Well, it looks like Jessica played it safe with the nominees for this week, which is smart.

24. rburly

Let's just say that the temptations are questionable at best. Paul needed some protection for the first week or 2. But...

25. Grant

Well her plan is to backdoor Paul. As soon as Cody came back, she turned back into a nasty person. It's like she gains her strength from him. And, Cody is smiling a little more, acting slightly more human, but he is still the same mechanical, emotionless machine he was before.

Jess did say in her bio that her plan was to latch onto the strongest player and "clean house". The one good thing Paul has on his side is his minions. As they try to to battle the mean power-couple, they will forget what a dominant danger Paul is, and defend him.

I also think it is a mistake to send Josh out to a jury like this. He may be crying, but he's now a hostile juror. I think a smarter move would have been to keep him around a bit, and not remind him of why people don't like him. Now, if Jess or Cody make it to the final two, they've already lost his vote. Jess and Cody are not planning wisely. They are just taking out their revenge.

But, let's see what the new twist in a couple of days.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.