Actors from Star Trek TOS who had appearances in other Trek episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Erik Tracy, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale Thread Starter

What actors can you name from the original TOS series who made later appearances in other Trek series: tv and movies allowed?

Not counting repeat appearance within TOS....

It can be the same role - eg Spock, Bones, Scotty, Sulu from TOS in STNG, DS9, Voyager, etc.

Or an actor in a different role.

Oh - and no cheating....imdb and memory alpha wiki off limits!!! :D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. First one that comes to mind. Diana Muldaur. 2 TOS episodes (different characters) and then as Dr. Pulaski in TNG.

3. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Majel Barrett

Appeared in all series as the voice of the ship's computer, and also as Nurse Chapel and Deanna's mom.

4. Erik Tracy

Amended "rules" - you can use imdb and memory alpha to confirm cross references, but NOT searches.

5. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Scotty appeared in the Next Generation episode that had the Dyson sphere ("Relics")

6. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Mark Lenard as Spock's father in TNG He also played a Romulan in "Balance of Terror"...patterned after the Robert Michum-Curt Jurgens film "The Enemy Below" ("Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" also did one with Michael Ansara and this time David Hedison got to be on the submarine).

7. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

You had three Klingons from TOS: John Colicos, Michael Ansara and William Campbell (first to duet with Elvis in a movie) on DS9. Also the Klingon-altered-as-a-human in the tribble episode appeared on the DS9 "back in time" tribble episode.

8. Erik Tracy

Ok, how about this.

Watching Voyager on BBA America....

The "Vulcan Master" on the episode Gravity is the same actor who played the slave master on TOS The Gamesters of Triskelion.

9. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

These are from memory...

George Takei played Captain Sulu in a ST Voyager episode (Flashback)
    Grace Lee Whitney played Commander Rand in the same episode
    DeForest Kelley played Admital McCoyu in ST TNG's premier episode (Encounterr At Farpoint)
    Leonard Nimoy played Ambasador Spock in a 2 part ST TNG episode (Unification)

Darryl

Frozensoda and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. Erik Tracy

How about this - from memory (not memory alpha).

Same actor: Commodore Mendez from TOS/Menagerie, Pardek from STNG Unification

11. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Clint Howard played Balok in the ST episode 'The Corbomite Maneuver
    He also played Grady in a ST DS9 episode (Past Tense) & Muk on ST Enterprise episode (Acquisition)
    Yes, Ron Howard's younger brother played a Ferengi.

Darryl

12. Pete Sorbi

Pete Sorbi Well-Known Member

as Johnny Carson would say - "I did not know that"......I did catch The Corbomite Maneuver recently...(BBC America...) and they actually had Clint Howard mentioned as the guest star in the listing for that episode....

13. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Comedian Charlie Brill played disguised Klingon spy Arne Darvin in TOS "The Trouble With Tribbles" and reprised the role in DS9's "Trials And Tribble-ations".

Erik Tracy likes this.
  14. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

John Winston who played Lt. Kyle in TOS got a promotion to commander in Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan, serving on board the Reliant.

Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand), in addition to her Voyager appearance, was in the movies....Star Trek TMP, III, IV, and VI. By this time she had the rank of commander.

Go-Go's guitarist Jane Wiedlin (who was never in TOS), has a cameo in Star Trek IV. Just a fun fact thrown in for free.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  15. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

I never made the TOS / Ed Sullivan connection until this very moment when you said "comedian"...

16. I wonder if that episode was filmed at the same time as Clint's Gentle Ben series?

17. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Gene Dynarski played two roles on TOS, Ben Childress on "Mudd's Women" and Krodak on "The Mark of Gideon." He went on to play space station Commander Quinteros on TNG's "11001001".

Erik Tracy likes this.
  18. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

She was also Number One in the first pilot (which means she was also seen in "The Menagerie").

He also played the Klingon commander who got "V-Gered" at the beginning of ST-TMP

Another one:
    Rex Holman played Morgan Earp in the TOS episode "Spectre of the Gun", as well as that poor wretch of an alien at the beginning of the fifth movie. (He also appeared in an episode of The Monkees, where he and Uncle Leo (Len Lesser) were cowboy henchmen.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Does it count if you appear in another series as your character from your original series...as a holosuite version of yourself?

20. Erik Tracy

Which role does he play in non-TOS Trek episodes? Not recalling him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.