The live-action, multi-cam "Jetsons" sitcom you never knew you wanted (because you don't).

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I'll only watch if they re-imagine it with a dystopian vision of the future, like Blade Runner, and Rosie the Robot maid and an entire race of robots turns against The Jetsons and all of humanity.

3. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Next up... Live action:
    Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner!

4. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Directed by Christopher Nolan for that dark, gritty reboot we've always wanted! :laugh:

5. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

The original cast gets the news...

[​IMG]

6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

And of course, that's not even vintage artwork, either!

If all they wanted to do was rape our memories for the sake of blowing a franchise to make it live (and apparently to bewilder Milennials), couldn't they have just snapped-up all the stunt dogs in Hollowood not currently under contract, rename them Astro, Scooby, Muttley, Dynomutt, Doggie Daddy*...and get James Cameron to devise a blue holo-canine-human "Coach" named Huckleberry...

...and slap 'em all together as The Celebrity Dogfight of The Not-Licensed-To-This-Network Stars!.

(* and the plot twist? This time, Doggie Daddy is a frilly pink poodle! Ooooohh, ABC courageously breaking down societal barriers again..!)(Wake me up when they all go to Disneyworld for the season finale...)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    MikaelaArsenault and Gumboo like this.
  7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

How about this for grim: Wile E. Coyote, in his quest to finally capture The Road Runner develops a cybernetic copy of himself..who quickly determines that Wile E. Coyote is the reason all of his plans fail. Seeing him as a liability, the copy kills Wile E., removes Wile E.'s flaws from himself and proceeds to create over 10,000 copies of himself. The Road Runner faces a horde of highly intelligent and lethal cybernetic coyotes with none of Wile E.'s flaws...a horde that will stop at nothing to destroy The Road Runner. The entire world becomes a devastated wasteland, destroyed by the Road Runner seeking horde who destroy anything in their path. The Road Runner himself struggles to evade his opponents but he knows that his time is running out...for he is the last road runner.

8. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

Bet you a nickel they try to get Steve Carrell.

9. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I always thought Wile E. Coyote should have just given up and gone vegetarian...

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Oh no.. make it stop.. a lot people in tv world should retire from it.

Strat-Mangler and guy incognito like this.
  11. Solitaire1

bferr1 likes this.
  12. Solitaire1

I think that you'd get the same thing with a new group of people. I think a reason for the all of the reboots/remakes is that it is considered safe, both from a popularity standpoint and a copyright standpoint.

People already know of The Jetsons so no build up is necessary and there will be interest in it, and the Creative Team doesn't to worry about getting the rights to it since they already have it. This would allow them to redo...and redo...and reboot...and redo...The Jetsons as often as they choose.

Compare that to the situation with Superboy, where for a time due to rights issues DC Comics wasn't able to use the character (they couldn't mention Superboy and I think it was a factor in Superboy (Conner Kent) being killed in Infinite Crisis), even thought the Superboy at that time wasn't the one who was Superman as a teenager. Eventually, the issues were worked out, which allowed Superboy to appear in Young Justice.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  13. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

14. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

...AND it's multicam? It's just gonna look cheap.

15. Oy. Sketch me a scenario where this doesn't totally suck.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I guess I'm different. I think this might be good.

17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Oh please. No way am I not watching this.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Jane, stop this crazy thing!

19. Solitaire1

They decide to forget the live action and decide to do a traditional hand-drawn cel-animated show.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

LOL!!! it was bound to happen

Wile E. Coyote Movie in Development at Warner Bros. – Rolling Stone

Wile E. Coyote, the eternally doomed Looney Tunes character, will star in the upcoming Warner Bros. animated film Coyote Vs. Acme. Chris McKay (The Lego Batman Movie) will produce the comedy, with sibling writing duo Jon and Josh Silberman (Living Biblically, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) onboard to write the script, Variety reports.

The beloved coyote is part of a iconic Looney Tunes stable that includes Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Speedy Gonzalez, Tasmanian Devil and Yosemite Sam. The ever-silent character debuted in the 1949 segment “Fast and Furry-ous” and appeared in 48 more episodes – attempting, and always failing, to catch his nemesis, the Road Runner.

The “acme” of Coyote Vs. Acme references Wile E.’s ill-fated attempts to utilize “Acme Corporation” gadgets, which often resulted in him dropping out of thin air, running into brick walls and, most famously, exploding.

Though the writers and directors for “Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner” shifted over the years, the shorts are best-known for the formative work of writer Michael Maltese and director Chuck Jones. The titular animated duo most recently appeared in the 2014 3D short “Flash in the Pain.”

[​IMG]

21. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That's our cue - everybody take a swig...!

22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Just why?

23. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

So basically Road Runner as "Mad Max', with elements of "Terminator" and "Night of the Living Dead" thrown in...:righton: Why not....

24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

3rd Rock from the Sun

25. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Well, I'm sure it'll be better than the Orbity episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.