Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Serious reply....I had considered looking for it online and watching it early, only because I'm afraid I'll be scouring some web site and see a major spoiler accidentally.

So far I've managed to avoid.

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Nothing to "out". I posted that the link was inappropriate. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I'll answer you: People who haven't watched the episode by the time it airs on Sunday would know not to enter this thread because the episode will be discussed at that point.

People who haven't seen the episode and are waiting to watch it on Sunday risk seeing spoilers if the episode gets talked about prior to it's actual, legitimate airing.

Now you answer me this. Why even post that you've seen it? What are you hoping to achieve by doing so? Is it a form of bragging that you're able to watch something before most people do?

3. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Nothing to be ashamed of? Your post makes you sound petty.

To answer your question, I mentioned I saw the episode because other forum members on this thread talked about the leak. It was just casual conversation. Do you get upset if a forum member posts that they heard a new album a week before release date?

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

One good thing about the shortened season every episode has been solid.

5. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Will you all mind not discussing the episode until Monday 9pm GMT as that is when it airs here.:laugh:

6. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

The new episodes are pretty good, but the hurry up deal is kind of annoying. Euron Greyjoy just whips up a thousand killer ships and just seems to always know what everyone is doing and where and when they are doing it -just seems a bit convenient. Basically I think some of the story elements could benefit from a bit more filler.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the latter part of ep. 4 regardless of this effect, and was on the edge of my seat.
    Burning Lannisters give you so much more...
    I can't believe the 2 Tarlys thought that getting barbecued was the honorable thing to do, I suppose this will resonate later with Samwell's story.

7. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Something makes me wish that Victarion Greyjoy should get introduced in Season 8 to take on his brother. He would be a good help for his niece and nephew if they choose to go in that direction. Victarion is one of the most badass characters in the Song of Ice and Fire Universe. It does bother me a little that he hasn't/will not be introduced. :p

GodShifter likes this.
  8. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Just think of poor Elia Martell, didn't even know her marriage to Prince Rhaegar was annulled when she and her kids were killed for being married to Prince Rhaegar.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Season VIII news.

During an interview with Collider, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau – who plays Jaime Lannister – confirmed that Game of Thrones season 8 begins filming this fall (October, to be exact). Based on the actor’s comments (see below), it sounds as though Jaime should make it out of season 7 alive, too (unless he’s intentionally misdirecting, of course):

“I knew what was going to happen for the first three seasons. After that, it’s been a season at a time. You get the scripts a month before we start shooting, or six weeks, and then you know what’s going to happen that season. But, I don’t know what’s going to happen next season. We go back in October, so maybe in the next few weeks, we’ll get the scripts and I’ll find out. I’m very curious.”

Exclusive: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 8 Filming Date Revealed

10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I don't know about Westeros but here in the real world, can you annul a marriage that's produced one child, let alone more?

11. Henry the VIII had a heck of a time trying...

12. SquishySounds

Legally speaking in the United States you can still annul a marriage that produced children.

But marriage in america has never been about children or inheritance (since you can bequeath your money and stuff to whomever or whatever you wish, and the tax benefits of being an unwed parent are many).

13. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Well there are reasons for this, mostly it's because the screenwriters don't have any books to work from. Secondly, after the third season they made a conscious effort to streamline the story-lines. So there is no Victarian, or the young Dornish prince who gets burned by dragons, etc. I feel like the show has become a series of scenes, kind of like watching extended highlights of a football game, you know what happens in the game but the tension doesn't build the same as if you watched it real-time.

Anyway, this was inevitable because there is no way they were going to devote the hours needed to really tell the story.

Tropehjelm, FVDnz, Lonson and 2 others like this.
  14. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Great Episode!

Best one yet.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Sansa...Arya... You've been LITTLEFINGERED!!!
    I hope that's a phrase that get traction, 'coz, when you think about it...
    hasn't America been LITTLE FINGERED?!!!

CoryS, Lonson, misterdecibel and 2 others like this.
  16. SquishySounds

I believe it is now official that TV-Westeros is the size of Liechtenstein. North-of-the-Wall on foot to Eastwatch, raven across the "North" and Riverlands to the bay of something to Dragonstone Island by carrier raven, and Back to North-of-the-Wall on a Dragon in less than 24 hours.

Lonson likes this.
  17. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

18. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Great episode.

19. We've been bumfuzzled!

OK - those dragons must fly faster than F16s.
    And those dead guys can't fight worth a damn.
    And in our world, Jon Snow would have died of hypothermia within minutes of crawling out of that frozen lake or whatever it was.

Otherwise, great episode.

Lonson likes this.
  20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah. I know we aren't supposed to harp on this, but Drogon morphed into the Concorde this episode. The guys north of the wall were set upon by all the walkers, but Gendry gets away, gets to the wall, has a raven fly from Eastwatch to Dragonstone and Daenerys flies from Dragonstone to north of the wall and is able to locate Jon and company all in that short time span. I guess maybe they were meant to have been on that little rock surrounded by the ice overnight, and that's when Thoros froze to death. But still, that was F-A-S-T. And if they were just sitting there for the span of a night, why did the Night King and his walkers just stand there staring at them never doing anything. I can buy the dumb zombie drones not knowing the lake is frozen and that they can get to the men, but surely The Night King isn't so dumb and wouldn't just sit there on his horse all night staring at them.

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

we didn't need to see the dragon being hauled out ,we know he's now with them

22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I enjoyed it - made for good tv. Fascinating scene.

23. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Fire vs ice.

xdawg likes this.
  24. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

..until Ice takes down one of the fires, and ......SPOILER!

xdawg likes this.
  25. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

The walker-zombies in this episode sure were a lot less formidable than the ones at Hardhome.

An undead dragon sure sounds formidable, but if dragonglass is as effective as it seems, all they really need is a company of archers with some dragonglass tipped arrows. A few massive volleys should take care of business. And if that little dragonglass dagger that Jorah used was enough to take out the undead bear, it shouldn't take much more to kill an undead dragon.

SAMAUL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.