Any JBL Fans Here?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Charles F, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 575maranello

575maranello Forum Resident

Any thoughts on the JBL C48's ?[​IMG]

ronm, CowFish, Ntotrar and 2 others like this.
  2. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Never heard a pair; but, those look cool.

3. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Wow. Business (and the JBL vintage market) must be good.

4. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

5. Litejazz53

So what is going on right now in Japan with JBL vintage products, I just enjoy seeing these Kenrick Sound videos, the Japanese just love their vintage "BIG" JBL, cool!

CowFish and 56GoldTop like this.
  6. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Indeed. Love Kenrick Sound's videos and site.

7. Litejazz53

Got to love it!
    Mr. Yamashita's Office

Obviously horrible, terrible acoustics, BRICKS, but they don't care, their going for the right look, acoustics or no acoustics, yes!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    avanti1960, CowFish and 56GoldTop like this.
  8. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Closet enthusiast?? :laugh:

CowFish and Litejazz53 like this.
  9. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

I heard thee, or maybe the little brother. they had the same shape. they were in black as i remember, sounded amazing. Playing Venom and Lizzy borden for me waaaaay back in the early mid 80's.
    they were great. this along with my cousins old Jensens, 15 0r 16" woofer, multiple mids, upper mid, a tweeter and another tweeter, they were great speakers for their time. only know them from sight, no model #'s. they were house shakers as i remember, they would make the needle jump on my cousins TT. then i started to get involved in audio, what a mistake that was. thanks Cuz !

Cactus Bob likes this.
  10. slinkyfarm

slinkyfarm Forum Resident

It hadn't occurred to me to ship out parts of them, but I was more hoping to find someone within an hour's drive where if they do good work I could bring them future business.

11. Roll Stone

Roll Stone Well-Known Member

Actually I have the same 250 Ti and I am a huge fan of them! Previously I had 4411, L36, L150A. All of them was great.

Walter Koehler and Cactus Bob like this.
  12. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

Over the past 50 years i have owned a number of brand name speakers..usually upgraded every couple of years...i haven’t felt the need to upgrade in over 30 years since i purchased a pair of JBL 4311B studio monitors from a buddy at work for $800...(fortunately he let me spread out the payments over a few months)...they are my main speaker system...admittedly it took a awhile to get use to how they sounded compared to the other speakers i owned... my ears adjusted to their fabulous reproduction of my recorded material....and to think i nearly sold them for $300 years ago because i thought they were too big for my room....glad i still have them!
    Also have a small pair of JBL bookshelf that i bought at a garage sale for $20 that i
    use for my tv/video playback...also not too shabby!

13. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident

love my 4313B's. Found them in a storage room. Restored, refinished them & are now my main speakers..amazing sound!!

14. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Mid century cool!

SandAndGlass and CowFish like this.
  15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I have a JBL Flip 2 speaker. The color is red.

Fruff76 likes this.
  16. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I've had L45's (Flairs), L65's (Jubals) and everybody's favorite the L100's. I moved on from all of them and currently, aside from the 19's and 26's in the garage needing foam, I use a pair of L100 t3's with my Pioneer SX-1250. These I like!

Walter Koehler likes this.
  17. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

What do most JBL fans think of the ones they used to sell at Best Buy years ago, like the E or ES series?

18. Walter Koehler

Walter Koehler Forum Resident

Aloha
    Just grab a nice pair of L26 just need refoam the woofers
    they will support the 4312E
    Love the L series beside keep my eyes open on a pair of Century Gold L100
    cheers
    Wally

CowFish likes this.
  19. CowFish

CowFish Forum Resident

No personal experience, but they're pretty far down the JBL totem pole. No doubt they were better than competitor brands (at their respective price points), but you can do a lot better. Unless they're dirt cheap.
    Better JBL series would be the S series, L series, Studio 2 series, and even better the Studio 5 series.

RK2249 likes this.
  20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I only asked because I've owned a pair of JBL E90s for about 10 years (with matching center and surrounds) and they're the only piece of my AV system that I've never upgraded...mainly because I love the sound. I've auditioned more expensive speakers but this pair has such neutral overall sound with a slightly warm midrange that I just can't think why I'd get rid of them.

I know there are tons of "better" and more expensive speakers but these 3-way speakers from JBL's "budget" line have never left me wanting. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with older "budget" JBLs. Not sure if the budget series these days sound as good or not.

CowFish and Walter Koehler like this.
  21. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

22. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I like JBLs but they all don't work for a lot of listening applications.I like a more relaxed speaker for a lot of different listening.In saying that I believe there will always be a JBL somewhere in my setup.Mainly L112s.

Fruff76 likes this.
  23. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Maybe I just don't know any better but I've had these speakers for 10 years and I have never found them wanting...ever... and I've looked for an excuse to buy new and much more expensive speakers but every time I've auditioned them with music that I listen to which is mainly rock and classical I just haven't heard a pair that I thought would sound better. I'm sure there are lots of speakers out there that would sound better but I'm just impressed with them after so many years.. And these are 3-way speakers by the way which doesn't seem to be a given in the price range that I've looked in.

24. CowFish

CowFish Forum Resident

Good to hear, that's really good feedback and high praise for the E90s. Those twin 8" woofers sure look fun!

RK2249 likes this.
  25. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

These remind me a lot of my L112's which to my ears are very good off axis and just seem very even... plenty-o-bass, if not thunderously extended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.