New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

'Mande meu amor para a plateia de Salvador', diz Paul McCartney » Petrolandenses

This interview is in Portuguese, too many questions to manually translate now. The main purpose is to promote the upcoming concert in Salvador (October 20, first time in that city), but he was asked about the 1990 concerts in Rio, the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper, his memories of growing up in post-war Liverpool, the song "FourFiveSeconds", the 2014 concert at Candlestick Park, his current relationship with Ringo, how he feels about doing such a long concert at 75 years old, his knowledge of Brazilian music, the possibility of visiting Salvador as a tourist, and the most interesting question, about his upcoming album:

"Você já está preparando mais um álbum solo? O que seus fãs podem esperar dele?

Estou indo fazer um show no Barclays Center (no Brooklyn, em Nova York), hoje à tarde, mas, ainda assim, entre um show e outro, eu vou fazendo o novo disco. E é interessante porque há uma faixa especial para o Brasil, mas é tudo que posso te dizer agora. E acho que vocês vão gostar disso".

"Are you preparing another solo album already? What can your fans expect from it?

I'm going to do a concert at Barclays Center (in Brooklyn, New York) this afternoon, but still, between shows, I'm preparing the new album. And it's interesting because there's a new track for Brazil, but that's all I can tell you now. And I think you are all going to like it".

Well, if he's willing to confirm it, perhaps he will actually do that song live next month in Brazil?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. 5th-beatle

3. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

:eek::bigeek::cussing::cussing:

....Well, at least it's coming. :D

4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

If Paul only called me up and let me hear his new songs I would help him to decide which one he should put on the album. Using simple criterias that would be a piece of cake. My criterias are these

No songs about the Beatles days
    No duets with frogs
    No songs about animals or the president of the United states
    No duets with Yoko Ono or Adele
    No efforts to be hip-like doin techno or hip hop
    A great bass line is a bonus
    A great melody is a must
    A re-recording of Bip Bop would defitively be a welcome move
    So please Paul Let me help

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But if the frogs just sung the bass lines in the background, I think that would be okay. ;)

6. Arnold Grove

"Brazil, dont make it bad
    Take a sad song and make it samba .." ;)

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

No not according to my criterias. One frog song is enough for a lifetime. Unless you was not the late great Frogman Henry

Clarence 'Frogman' Henry: Ain't got a home

Hep Alien and Arnold Grove like this.
  8. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

This is a simple edit of the two, though I'm not 100% certain it's in this order and not the other way around (@etcetera ?):
    Vocaroo | Voice message

9. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Or Big brazil bed:)

jricc and JDeanB like this.
  10. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I know I have a problem- I literally dreamed last night that after a McCartney show, Giles Martin took me backstage to play some outtakes from a forthcoming White Album anniversary box that would be at least 8 discs,and made me swear not to tell anyone. Since it was only a dream I feel ok sharing my story here.

11. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

"Bip bop...ribbit...bip bop bip bop bam...ribbit!"

Hep Alien and Arnold Grove like this.
  12. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

or "Bip Bop, Brazil Bop, Bip Bop Brazil Beyyy"

13. Arnold Grove

Looks like Brazil Bop is on the rise again and back on track after some tough times... ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  14. 5th-beatle

Just a quick recap: as we all know, several weeks ago Denny Seiwell mentioned in a radio interview that Paul showed him two songs, one with Ringo and one about Brazil.

Paul mentioned during a couple of interviews earlier this week that the new album is halfway through, a good number of songs have been recorded and he doesn't know yet which ones will be released, but confirmed it will include a special song for Brazil.

According to Denny that song sounds nothing like actual Brazilian music, so obviously the tribute to the country is in the lyrics. Perhaps his memories of recent tours?

Sometime ago Paul mentioned that he had started writing a song while in São Paulo for the November 2014 concerts, so maybe that's the one?

He's doing four concerts in the country next month, so hopefully he will include that song in the setlist, even thought the album will be released next year. After all, he did "Coming Up" live in 1979 (released in 1980), "Driving Rain" live in June 2001 (released a few months later) and "Follow Me" live in 2004 (released in 2005).

If he decides to do that song live over here it will certainly attract a lot of publicity for the upcoming album, and the expectation will surely help with sales figures once it's released. He can even use one of the hypothetical live performances as a promo video to maximise the album's exposure in the local media.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  15. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

deany76 likes this.
  16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So's Christmas!

Frank and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  17. Ringo Hendrix

GUYS!!! IVE GOT IT!!!
    The clues are in a song from his LAST album....

"If you are true you know the time is right"...

It's SO obvious... we have to be true for the album to be released!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. Arnold Grove

I figured it out then!!!:

;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  19. Ringo Hendrix

Lol, I hadn't finished the message...

20. Ringo Hendrix

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".... :doh:;)

21. 5th-beatle

The interviewer asked several interesting (and very specific) questions, but after Paul willingly mentioned that song he should have asked about it being included in the setlist next month. It's in Portuguese, but maybe an online translation will work:
    'Mande meu amor para a plateia de Salvador', diz Paul McCartney ao CORREIO

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

23. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Makes sense to have a song about Brazil. Latin America loves Beatles and Paul. I have a friend from Brazil. We went to watch the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie with a group of other friends and we both got excited for Paul's scene and all of the promo images of Paul. I'm sure she'll be very pleased to know about a song about Brazil on Paul's upcoming album.

24. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

I think it's the other way around.. right?

Yorick likes this.
  25. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Yorick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.