U2 new album "Songs of Experience" coming December 1st, plus 2018 tour.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boozyuzi, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Pretty sure Soundadvice was joking in his post and making fun of the usual anti-U2 comments...

Lewisboogie and bferr1 like this.
  2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I saw the tour 3 times and a bunch of Vancouver rehearsals.

I was being sarcastic, but I do notice Bono doesn't give himself much of a workout on Blackout. As if it vocal melody is what he's working around rather than working to show off.

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

He needs to lose the front man bravado regarding his Trump toupee. My gf said "I thought he too cool for that?" and I agree.

5. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

6. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

December 1st is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way away.

Boomy, longdist01 and Panama Jack like this.
  7. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

6 bullet points about yourself and nothing about the new album. So much for living up to the user name and that avatar. :laugh:

8. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Counting isn't your strength....

9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I will be buying this on vinyl unheard. I am giving them one more chance of making a great one, but will control myself not to listen to one note of this until I can hopefully enjoy start to finish virgin style if you will.

There were only 2 or 3 songs off the last one I liked so not counting on much, but I am just hoping for the best.

Can Bono, please stop being the Ambassador of World Peace, at least when it comes to making music...

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I can't recall any songs on the last album or this one (yet) in which Bono is being Ambassador for World Peace.

walrus and GentleSenator like this.
  11. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Ok, sorry not worded right, he just gets to in to politics, happenings around the world which can affect the music style. I am not saying anything wrong about Bono, some times I wish the music was more stripped down.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. dkmonroe

He's never going to stop doing his activist thing off the clock but c'mon, both SOI and (I hope) SOE are calculated to be about personal stuff and not to be about "saving the world." So I just don't get why people are day after day, post after post, bashing Bono for being The Cool Pope or whatever. Seems to me that U2 have responded to the Bono Messiah criticism by making more personal music, and STILL the stain won't come off. :laugh:

No Bull likes this.
  13. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Again another example of how some of these threads get misread. I did not bash Bono, just was hoping for a more stripped down album. Their last couple of albums were not that good (IMO) and was just hoping this one would not get so personal again.

I have nothing against what he stands for, why do some read in to these threads like this, crazy!

Plus, I am buying this on vinyl unheard, so I do have a lot of respect for this band. Did not mean for my earlier comments to offend.

14. dkmonroe

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. You wonder if Bono will ever stop being ambassador for world peace, but you insist that's not a criticism of Bono and it has nothing to do with lyrics, you just want more "stripped down albums." I just don't see what production values has to do with being ambassador for world peace.

15. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Wow??? Typical example of why a lot of people get fed up with so many of these threads? I will not post any more comments on this thread, but your comments make no sense...you read in to mine the way you want and come back with responses that only you would like...if you could read in to the fact that all I was looking for was some more of a rawer sound with some simpler style lyrics...too many people on these threads get way to sensitive. Plus if you would read closer, I said I worded it wrong on an earlier response.

16. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

u2songs | The Crystal Ball: What's Up Next |
    "The band still has not clearly announced the date of release, planned formats for the album, track listing or many other important details. The date will be this year, and this has been confirmed by Adam, Bono and The Edge. But the Edge has refused to give a specific date, while Bono and Adam have said that it will arrive December 1. We are told that the full details should come out on Friday, October 20th or thereabouts."

:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

17. dkmonroe

Sorry, buddy, but it's YOUR comments that make no sense. I've explained why. Sorry you couldn't just come out and say something like, "I think the last few albums were really overproduced", which SEEMS to be the point you were tying to make.

18. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

No, Scotti, "virgin style" goes with 'Songs Of Innocence'. This is 'Songs Of Experience' - get yourself an illegal download from a dodgy source a.s.a.p.

scotti and dkmonroe like this.
  19. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Ok, had to respond, have some fun and let's all hope for one bad ass album! I respect all comments and hope the same.

Sometimes we read others comments wrong, so hope to move forward and have some fun the closer this comes to release and the formats it will be on. Going to be tough not to sample, but nothing like hearing an album clean all the way through for the first time!

No Bull likes this.
  20. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

This doesn't make sense to me. In your initial comment you say that you don't want Bono to be so political, to be an Ambassador of World Peace in his music. Someone states that the last album was personal, not political and now you're saying that you don't want the next album to be so personal again. And not that not-personal immediately means political, but what exactly do you want then?

dkmonroe likes this.
  21. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

In other news, U2 is 41 years old today. Though they didn't take the name U2 (and the line-up of Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry) until March 1978, it was on September 25th 1976 that the boys (and some others) first got together in Larry's kitchen. What a ride it has been. And still is!

No Bull, Oatsdad, Johnny Reb and 2 others like this.
  22. nikosvault

nikosvault Forum Resident

I will give them one more chance.

But 3 strikes and they're out.

23. adad

adad Forum Resident

I saw U2 a few nights ago and Bono's singing was better than the last time I saw him (1987)
    I wish they would use Steve Lillywhite again.

Diamond Star Halo and Oatsdad like this.
  24. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Don't bother.
    If you did not like "Songs Of Innocence" or "No Line On The Horizon" (both of which I thought were excellent), you're not likely to care for their new one either.
    Move on to something else as it seems by your comment that you're more than ready to...

SammyU, Panama Jack, Dbstay and 2 others like this.
  25. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

It's like some of these people seriously believe that posting those kinds of comments really makes a difference. Next news conference:

Bono begins, "Well, we read Hoffman forums daily. Somebody doesn't like the track. Because of that, the album release date is pushed back indefinitely."

The Edge adds, "It really hurts our feelings to know that one of believes that we haven't done anything since Achtung Baby."

Adam Clayton, "Yes, the appropriate time to quite is when a Hoffmanite says it is so."

Larry Mullen Jr., astonished at the passionate ex-fans, interacts, "If only the internet had been active then. We'd have retired after the final leg of Zoo TV."

Faceman, utopiarun, 905 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.