Robert Plant 2017 "Whole Lotta Love" Live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deany76, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Both tours were really Zeppelin-heavy. I thought the first one was kinda "world music" oriented but the second one was like a full-on Zeppelin concert.

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Ok, well I think that’s your answer. Plant wants control over the musical direction, and he doesn’t want to have to go back to the standard Zep arrangements. It’s not like Jimmy Page has been flooding the music scene with vibrant new ideas, ya know. So Plant probably knows exactly what he’d get from him.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Great interview with Howard yesterday too. Fascinating.

4. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Page/Plant wasn't really standard Zeppelin arrangements but it was more hard rock than what he's doing now.

My question isn't about Plant - I think I understand his motivation - rather with the solid surety with which people declare that he apparently could not work with Zeppelin again because it would be an embarrassment or something. I'm not convinced that it would be bad, but I understand why he wouldn't want to do it.

5. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

Should he shouldn't he, well on the evidence of that no. I don't want to hear Zep, I've done it and that sounded like a poor attempt to freshen it up, although Whole Lotta perhaps not the best choice, I liked the fiddle though.

Just give me the solo material preferably with both Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara who manged to give a performance with the energy and power of a Led Zeppelin, the last time I saw them together

6. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Just thought I’d mention I love his new solo record, never thought it would happen in 2017!

7. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I think fans of Led Zeppelin collectively need to let the idea of another live reunion go. We have the classic studio albums and live recordings from 70s, the Page & Plant stuff, and the 2007 reunion, too. What more could these guys add to their legacy or album catalog with yet another tour or concert? Nothing really. I think the band has given us enough.

Tristero and musicalbeds like this.
  8. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Sorry but I did not enjoy that at all. To me it's how it would sound if a decent bar band was playing one of their own songs and then decided to throw in Whole Lotta Love in the middle and invite Robert Plant onstage. Probably fun if you are there but outside of that musically nothing special.

Edit: thanks for sharing anyways and sorry if coming off like an a-hole...:)

deany76 and dkmonroe like this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I agree, did not enjoy that at all. Voice has not held up well! Maybe he should just drop the Zep songs. If this is the way he is sounding, I would drop any live reunion wishes too. Allow Led Zeppelin to continue to be a shining beacon of light and not to tarnish it's legacy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.