Propaganda - Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fumi, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Propaganda tv appearances DVD availability ?

reverberationmusic likes this.
  2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Plenty on YouTube, nothing commercially released.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

Pity, pity.

4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Earlier stuff was very post-punk electronic, similar to a lot of stuff going on in 82, later starting getting into industrial metal. I, II, Odyssey The Mind III and the mix comp Rings of Steel are probably my favorites :)

jamesc likes this.
  5. TheLastVoice

TheLastVoice Forum Resident

I Love Act too. Bought the cd of Laughter, Tears and Rage [ZQCD 1] when it was first released. I also recently picked up a copy of the Love & Hate compilation [Element 39].

alexpop likes this.
  6. TheLastVoice

TheLastVoice Forum Resident

Thanks. I went back and looked more closely at the track list of Outside World again and yes, it does look to have a few tracks that aren't on any of the three cds I already have.

7. alexpop

Incredible live act

8. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Only 2 disks and 1 lp waiting to arrive and I will have all the main releases from P. and Brucken. Including the onetwo cd and the collaboration with Poppy.

Excellent stuff I've been missing out on all these years. I also find myself steering away from Zep and Rush and listening to more electronic stuff like Depeche Mode lately. Must be the summer.

Yost and sparkmeister like this.
  9. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Ok, my favorite CB release turns out to be ACT- LTR, original disk. This was an album I thought would never top my list. Certified is an incredible song.

I also thought I would never like 1234 . BUT WOW! It's a wonderful album with an incredible singer.

Bottom of the list would be instead - one two only because of the autotuning of Claudia's voice. Her voice does not need autotune, it's perfect the way it is.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Auto tune..Never noticed myself.
    What songs?

Stuart S likes this.
  11. alexpop

Propaganda:
    What is the 12 inch CD mix like?

12. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

I must say that this Deluxe Edition sounds quite nice. It's more compressed than the original CD, but not gratingly so. I think it's the only "big" label remaster i kept in my collection.

A Secret Wish is one if the best albums of the 80's, and a success that the band and their producers were never able to repeat. A true one-day-fly, but a massive one, IMHO. I've always owned the original CD and was quite surprised by the Analogue Versions on this release – and the story behind them. I never knew the LP and the CD were different in content. Although I like the Extended Mix of Dr. Mabuse better, for Dream Within A Dream the Analogue Version is the clear winner. The differences in the rest of the tracks are small and not that interesting (IMHO). I don't really care for the rest of the (re)mixes.

tin ears likes this.
  13. alexpop

Loved the 12" mixes.
    ACT hard to get.

14. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

I had to drive the long way home to finish off : "the Moon Song" from CB's album -Where Else?

what a perfect song in every way!

tin ears likes this.
  15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Is that big 3-Disc ACT comp. out-of-print?
    That had most-to-all of the 12"-ers!

Stuart S and alexpop like this.
  16. alexpop

Don't see it much.
    Bought it when it came out.

Stuart S likes this.
  17. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Cant find the 3 disk Act anywhere, had to purchase the amazon digital version using up some mp3 credits.

Love 1234 so much I snagged the singles off it for dirt cheap. Too bad Betsi did not sing more after this. Her voice could sooth a mad man's anxiety. Potent!

jamesc and alexpop like this.
  18. alexpop

:wave:
    Wish I'd seen them live.
    Did see ACT & Claudia Brucken ( 2).

Stuart S and c-eling like this.
  19. alexpop

Got the 2003 cd/DVD of Secret Wish (10.00).

Stuart S and kendo like this.
  20. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

What a steal! Its not a secret I wish a copy. I already have 3 versions, need the CD/DVD.

I just spent over $30 for CB's "Love and a Million Other Things" on Vinyl and that the cheapest I could find it. The recent double CD is excellent but I just have to have it on Vinyl.

the track "Always" is simply a masterpiece. One of the best songs I've ever heard. Discovered after all these years!

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

The 45's and 12" vinyl are worth collecting.

22. alexpop

Have the 3 disc Act, it's a beaut.

23. fozl1986

fozl1986 Forum Resident

i have the original 1985 secret wish cd which has a different tracklist. I also love the 5.1 mix on the sacd

Stuart S and jsayers like this.
  24. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

25. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I am a big fan of early Simple Minds and their first rhythm section, Derek Forbes and Brian McGee. So I picked up 1,2,3,4 but honestly I can't hear them. It sounds like the whole album is programmed. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.