True Lies-Non Anamorphic DVD or Blu-Ray...What Gives?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I would love to know what it is about Avatar that you hate so much...

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

thanks..how long ago was that?

3. Michael

pretty much everything...that's OK, right? : )...hope that answers your inquiry...

Deuce66 likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

back in August of this year...still not holding my breath for either, maybe mid/late 2018??

From Dark Horizons article:

Finally, he also spoke about the long in the works “The Abyss” and “True Lies” Blu-rays. Both films only exist as poor-quality DVDs and so-so quality broadcasts. Both have recently been remastered (Abyss for 4K apparently) and many have been keen to know when we’ll finally see them. Cameron says:

Working on that. The True Lies Blu-ray and The Abyss Blu-ray have sort of fallen off my ‘to do’ list getting the not one, not two but four “Avatar” sequels stood up and going. But now that that’s happened, I can actually take care of business. So that’s coming, absolutely.”

Michael likes this.
  5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I watched my True Lies D-Theater tape last winter. Of the about 65 D-tapes I bought, only True Lies and Evolution have never come out on Blu-ray.

6. Michael

thanks...a possible glimmer of hope.

7. Michael

yea, rub it in! LOL...

8. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

If True Lies had been released with the same scan that's on the D-tape, it would be a very decent looking BD. It's just baffling why it's been withheld from the market. :confused:

longdist01 likes this.
  9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Yes and better than on its official VHS tape also!!!

I have it recorded from a local channel in my area (It does have commercials) and it looks much better than the official CBS/FOX VHS release!!! (I found it at salvation army..)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.