Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Love the room and set up! Love the new B&W's! Congrats! Just curious, have you tried putting a rug in front of the speakers? I would think that would make an improvement to the sound and perhaps not a small one.

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Nice. I don’t see the Lingo in the photo. Are those Wilson’s? Sophias maybe?

3. TeflonScoundrel

TeflonScoundrel Forum Resident

Thanks, the speakers are the Wilson Sabrina and the lingo is on the bottom right.

4. chacha

Interesting. My Lingo 2 looks nothing like that. Thought maybe it was a Radikal. How do you like the Sabrinas?

TeflonScoundrel likes this.
  5. TeflonScoundrel

The Sabrina’s are great. They hit all the targets that matter most to me (resolution, transparency, tone & dynamics) and have a much bigger sound than their size would indicate.

My lingo is a version 3 & they switched to the larger chassis when they replaced version 2. I think to try and better match the other Akurate components like the DS or DSM.

chacha likes this.
  6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Thanks - I did not know that. Was looking for a smaller box.

7. chacha

I’d like to hear the Sabrina sometime. The last Wilson I auditioned was the Sophia about 12 years ago when I was looking for speakers. Those left me cold emotionally but definitely were a formidable speaker.

8. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

In my new home on the North Sea coast in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany: room and system reduced to the max.

[​IMG]

From left to right: Beyerdynamic T1 headphone, AKG K712 Pro headphone, Schiit Bifrost DAC (optical connection to the iMac), Yamaha EQ-550 graphic equalizer, Triangle Zays Esprit XS Grand Angle floor-standing speakers, Apple iMac 27", SPL Phonitor 2 pre-/headphone amplifier, four external harddisks (Firewire connection, 4 TB capacity per disk), Yamaha AX-592 in power amplifier mode with internal pre-amp disconnected.

No WAF, no cats, just huge floor-standing loudspeakers without front ;-)

9. Metralla

A bit tight in there, Werner.

Dave and PhilBiker like this.
  10. TeflonScoundrel

I didn’t like the Wilsons in the past either, but with the newest generation of speakers, I’ve become a big fan. I’ve enjoyed all of the newer models with the new synergy tweeter very much.

Tullman and chacha like this.
  11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I finally got a wall mount for a monitor to use with my relatively new Pioneer Elite DV79avi. I also reorganized and cleaned up my headphone listening rig. I'm pretty pleased.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, shadowlord, Bhob and 27 others like this.
  12. Werner Berghofer

Very, very true, but an old man with a bicycle does not need that much space anymore ;-)

13. james

james Summon The Queen

I’d be curious to try the LS50 Wireless in that setup

14. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

Better photo (still marginal) of my stuff. Been playing with tubes in the pre-amp section of my CMII. More upgrades to follow on TT.

[​IMG]

barfko, HankM, shadowlord and 24 others like this.
  15. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Nice TT JNTEX :edthumbs:! Put a Lingo on it and it will certainly wake up a bit :cool:.
    ATB,
    Mark

JNTEX likes this.
  16. mdelrossi

mdelrossi Forum Resident

Not to go off topic, or if you want to start a new thread, did you upgrade the CM? if so what are the differences that you're hearing? What tubes are you rolling?

Looks like you ned a refill ;).

JNTEX likes this.
  17. Metralla

Is that a Sansui tuner? Looks a bit like one from the late '70s

JNTEX likes this.
  18. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

Metralla - It's a Sansui TU-717, actually my parents that was in storage. It's hooked up to a beam box until I get coax ran to the antenna that was built in the attic of the house. I have a couple decent local public stations, KXT (mix + my Sunday American Routes (killer program that is streamed as well) and KNTU (99% jazz)

Mdelrossi - The CMII was purchased used-I auditioned amps for a few weeks and as a fluke tried a demo on another CMII unit (was looking for SS)-ended up walking with a used one that day-it's a really good match for the 4 ohm Para 9semkII I have (moves plenty of air in this tall room. I gave it a couple months stock (and there is plenty to like this way), just trying some other tubes in the pre-amp portion. I tried a RCA blacktop (way too thin of drums and lost bass), tried a Mullard cv4003 which I thought was an improvement slightly, right now I am trying a Tele Diamond smooth plate which I think I like slightly more than the Mull (favors Drums and high end more than the Mull and this helps with my older dirty speakers) I also have a Bugle Boy that I will try in the future.

The bar is off this room, so plenty of refills. Keep the Audio Desk cleaner in there, so I can make a drink and clean before getting started. (Love 70s houses)

Varyat - it will be getting a Radikal. Was purchased with a Trampoline, and Kore. Loving it as-is. Was worried about the Adikt Cart, but it's no slouch.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    SandAndGlass likes this.
  19. Metralla

I kind of figured it was up the line from the TU-217 I owned. Thanks.

JNTEX likes this.
  20. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Pretty huge monitor for just DVD-A video! I use a 7" Impact portable TV as a monitor in my office system.[​IMG]

Bhob, Kyhl, arar and 4 others like this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I had the same portable TV you do, and got tired of not being able to read it from more than a couple feet away. The larger monitor is for DVD video as well, if I get the hankering to watch something.

SirMarc and PhilBiker like this.
  22. schwaggy

schwaggy Forum Resident

Not the most ideal placement of the speakers, obviously but it's the space I'm dealt at the moment.
    This is my 2nd system used primarily for vinyl. The NAD gear was recently taken out of storage where it's been for almost 2 decades!
    There's a Schiit Lyr hidden in the cubby for headphone listening
    [​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 53 others like this.
  23. Nice rig. Yeah I’d get those speakers on stands and off the credenza.

24. james

james Summon The Queen

that NAD gear is 20 years old? Looks great...almost Braun-y

PhilBiker likes this.
  25. Werner Berghofer

Geoff,
    yes, of course, and the speakers as well as the amplifier are too big for my small apartement, but for the moment I am happy that all my stuff eventually is here in Germany. I sincerely will move into a larger flat in six months, but after living out of suitcases and travel bags for approximately four months I just need a break until next spring.

Currently I am exhausted and tired, but nevertheless very glad to be living all alone here in the rural seclusion, to be able to breathe the air from the North Sea and to be surrounded by a beautiful landscape which I really deeply love.

Werner.

vanye, Bhob, tyler8 and 11 others like this.