New All in one record player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mazzy, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzy

Mazzy Sir Mazzy Thread Starter

I know there have been some folks who like the idea of an all in one record player that’s not a Crosley so here’s a couple coming out soon $1200-1400.

FashionBoy, 33na3rd and jon9091 like this.
  2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I like it. Perfect system for my daughter.

3. Mazzy

There’s a new NY Audio show analogue planet video up and you can see it at the very end. Michael actually likes the sound.

4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Price point for an intended market seems to be up there.

5. Mazzy

Yes it is not cheap but as we learned in all of the Crosley threads, it ain't cheap to do this right. The table on this now combo unit is a Project and they go from there.

Lots of people do want to get into vinyl but don't want all the separate complicated components. Also great for younger people with limited space.

If you wanted the Analogue Planet video, they said the cheaper one is selling for $1000 as a pre order then go up to $1200 once released. They come out in January I think

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

The thing is, that even that kind of money won't work with the demographics that a TT like this for.

Not say'in that it not a quality product and a good idea (I like it), but I doubt if they sell many. They would need to establish an entry level model that would go for $600 at ratail and offer other models that would be a step up and options to choose from.

I don't see anything wrong with having an all in one unit. I myself, like console stereo's.

7. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

8. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

Their Kickstarter pricing is more in-line with what the product should sell for. I'm interested at $500-600. I'd like one for my living room. But at $1200 and up, no thanks, I'll go to my cave and listen to my "real" table.

ToneLa likes this.
  9. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

Interesting product, but I'm in the market for something new, too and that price point is around where I'd prefer something a bit more serious....

10. Mazzy

And there lies the problem. Folks want cheap but if a quality unit could be made for less and still make a profit, don't you all think someone else would have done it?

Crosleys are at a cheap price point but everyone bitches about the quality and how they treat our records. Hell If you buy an iPhone at retail they are $650 to $1000.

I haven't heard these but even Michael at Analogue Planet said it sounded pretty good in the audio show video he posted. He actually seemed surprised. So their is the rub.

$1200 and you have it all doesn't seem outrageous to me in 2017. I'm not in the market but I could totally see having one of these in my separate record library to test out and play records as my main system is upstairs.

I see lots of photos of nice living areas with sideboards or cabinets with a hundred or so records. They have nice rooms and furniture an then there's a Crosley smack dab on top of the console. One of these new units would be so much better for them all around.

Eigenvector likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.