Rega DAC R Fuse Question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Thouston, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ortorega

Ortorega Well-Known Member

I always find it funny and annoying, when I run into a person who thinks they are much smarter and clever, than they actually are. Enough time waisted with you.

2. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

Thank you for all your kind and thoughtful considerations, and for all your audiophile insights. Au revoir. Aufwiedersehen. Ciao.

3. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

Still, it’s probably better than just looking smarter than they are.

4. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

Agitater -- Try the fuse. Let us know if you hear any changes. Thank you.

5. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

Like the not-smart person I am (I know I am a not smart because @Ortorega said so), I have purchased and installed Furutech and Synergistic after-market fuses. As @TurboDriver posted though, if someone doesn’t expect to hear a change caused by an accessory that’s nowhere near the signal chain, he won’t. I didn’t.

Much more interesting was the Synergistic fuse that I destroyed trying to get it to blow. Once I discovered it would only blow well past the point of protection, I removed it, emailed Synergistic and sent a notification to CSA. That one fuse, at least, was unsafe. Bad.

I always try all the new audiophile magic accessories that hit the market. It’s fun finding out just how far certain companies will go to push products that have no basis in anything other than psychologically manipulative woo.

HOWEVER, any audiophile anywhere who is thoroughly enjoying what he hears as an improvement that he thinks is wrought by a fuse or a special cable or little dots and stickers, wavy sticks, or whatever, and is deeper into his favourite music as a result, has my full support. If it gets him closer to his music, woo or not, that’s all that matters as long as he doesn’t break the bank.

Robert C and basie-fan like this.
  6. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

Excellent audio bro!

7. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

You and I are in complete agreement it seems. Since I don't *believe* I won't hear it. I fail the primary test.

Only on SHTV can a straight up psychoacoustic* fact be dismissed as trolling. Ortorega's belief requires all others to believe as well! Elimination of all infidels! Damn near a religion!

*Ortorega may need to look it up

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
    Shawn, Robert C and Agitater like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.