How many turntables do you have? Seems I have 13; 4 acoustic & 9 electric machines. Way too many!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Two. Both of them Technics decks. My new SL-1200G and my recently deposed SL-1200 MKII (KAB modded). I'll eventually sell the latter unit.

56GoldTop likes this.
  2. paul62

paul62 Forum Resident

I have a Harksound HS 210 belt drive which I bought in 1980, as fitted with an Ortofon FF 15EO MkII cartridge. Have just bought a Pioneer PLX1000 and fitted the old Ortofon cartridge. So far, so good!!!

3. Django

Django Forum Resident

Just one. A rega RP1 with the up grade pack, an Elys 2 cartridge & a cork mat.

4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

[​IMG]

DPK likes this.
  5. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I still have the 'only' ONE, bought her in high school in 1977, Thorens 125 MKII, SME 3009 Improved tonearm. Shure V15 IV

[​IMG]

Prolly cost me $3K to replace it, but, it would never sound better?!?

Happy Thanksgiving Steve!!

6. ?

7. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

You really need an explanation for zero? I don't own a turntable. I have nothing against them, I just don't have one.

8. I have two, a Kenwood KP 7010 (Japan model) and a Denon DP 37F. I'm selling the Denon, the Kenwood is a keeper.
    I was very tempted by a Micro Seiki DD5 recently but my budget for this month was eaten up by a new computer purchase. I've heard good things about Micro and the price was reasonable for the condition.

9. Nope.

10. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

2 are very good (Mid range $200-$400)
    2 are good enough (Beginners turntables with no counter weights) ($100-$150)

1 I wouldn't spin a tortilla on.

11. Tony L

Tony L Forum Resident

In use:

Thorens TD-124/SME 3009/Ortofon 540/II (or DL-103 or 2M Black).
    HMV Model 102 wind-up gramophone (I have a few jazz 78s).

Idle:

Technics SL-120/3009/Shure M95ED, the original 1970s version picked up at a local auction for £30!
    Lenco L70 (a nice 1963 model boxed up in parts).
    Some big old wind-up gramophone, the name of which I forget and there is too much stuff sitting on top of it to be bothered moving to find out (the make and model is inside)!
    Another two SME 3009 tonearms other than the two already mentioned.

PS I’ve actually slimmed down somewhat as I sold my lovely slate-mounted Garrard 301.

12. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I have only one.
    The make? It doesn't matter.

Airbus likes this.
  13. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Three.

Bang & Olufsen Beogram 4002 that is more or less a family heirloom now.

[​IMG]

A Sharp RP-114Vertical Turntable that lives in the sitting room, and was restored by me to near-full working order.

[​IMG]

And finally for the office, and very casual play is this horrendous monstrosity, the Crosley version of the Sound Burger, which is horrible and I hate it, but sometimes you need a turntable in the office.

[​IMG]

violetvinyl and Sammy Waslow like this.
  14. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

15. I just found and cleaned up a Sony PS 1100 from the early 70s. That makes 4 for me.

16. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

Did you have to use dry-wall anchors because the shelf's holes are more than 16 inches apart (standard distance between studs)? I've read that the Pro-Ject shelf's holes are spaced 17 inches apart. That would make me a little nervous, even with heavy duty dry-wall anchors. I suppose if I could get one side into a stud, that would be better than no studs at all, but still... I'm guessing you've had no problems?

17. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Updated fleet!

Technics SP-25/Audio-Technica ATP 16-T 12" transcription arm/Custom Plinth
    Pioneer PL 12-D
    Realistic LAB 420 Direct Drive
    Lenco L 70
    QRK-McMartin TT 12-C (a friend of mine is gifting me a Shure M232 tonearm for it)
    1967 Philco console Stereo (my late Grandmother's, listened to a lot of music on it)

18. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Yes if I remember correctly the holes were too far apart so I mounted it with the center screw on the stud and the other 4 on 75lb drywall mounts. I just moved it and remounted it in just dry-wall. Sounds crazy but those drywall mounts work. It's been sitting on the 4 drywall mounts for about a month and no issues. I understand your apprehension but they seem to work fine.

Pavol Stromcek likes this.
  19. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I currently own five different tables. All are working and in use between 4 different systems.

Clearaudio DC Performance
    Rek O Kut N33H w. Jelco arm
    Dual 1229
    Garrard Type A
    Lafayette/Teac PK-245 Empire 980 arm

Airbus likes this.
  20. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

1 - a VPI SSM, but am thinking about adding another turntable next year and using the VPI for Mono titles only. Probably a a TW Acustics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.