The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

What was the significance of the wound on Eugene's finger?

2. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

I understood that he is in fact a double agent who supplied Negan's weapons to Rick's group.

3. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

For some reason I thought it was a spot of wet paint from the chess piece, but I may be hallucinating.

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

5. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Yes, that's what it was. Eugene knows it's Dwight

beat_truck, subzro and Higlander like this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I was steaming with anger while watching this episode...ENOUGH of the F'n banal chatter and flashbacks...worst show this season so far...I'm sure they'll get worse...

7. Michael

you're not...

8. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

One of the best episodes in recent memory and i really like that they added a little depth/humanity to Negan, in a similar way they did to the King in the previous episode. Interesting to see how quickly the saviors were going back to the free for all frenzy Negan was talking about before he took charge

Ethan B likes this.
  9. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

This show still had the capacity to make forum members and their wives, who they titter with when watching, tune in week after week. It also compels them to post here every week stating how bad it is. Really amazing.

mace and Craig like this.
  10. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Like any addiction or bad relationship, the Walking Dead has gone through these 3 phases:
    1) fun
    2) fun w/problems
    3) problems

Stillhouse, beat_truck and Michael like this.
  11. Michael

LOL...

12. Michael

4) too frequent flashbacks

Propinquity likes this.
  13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

So is Gabriel bitten???

Michael likes this.
  14. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Forum members and their partners would be more appropriate.

But otherwise, spot on.

Best to move on if you are not enjoying the show.

Ethan B likes this.
  15. For me it's become more like, I'm enjoying the show on a superficial level, but I'm also enjoying beating it up afterwards, when it's called for (which is a lot).

On the flip side, I have to know what happens next. Jeez, I've put ever how many years into this thing, I can't quit *now*! I mean, I *can* quit, but I don't feel compelled to, no matter how screwy it's gotten.

Yeah, @notesofachord I say "crapped out" all of the time. Then again, I was younger, and even a little bit today, I hung around the WWII generation a lot, some of which were from Queens, Brooklyn, and the like, so I just picked up on old sayings, subconsciously, and added that to my vocabulary. It's only until somebody points it out that I realize where I got it from. :)

notesofachord likes this.
  16. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Yeah it's wet paint on Eugene's finger, and on the bag, so Eugene knows Dwight is the "traitor."

I love the way Josh McDermitt plays Eugene...hilarious.

My initial thought on what is wrong with Father Gabriel is that he has been bitten, but that might be too obvious, and what the show runners want us to think. I'm sticking with that theory though.

They're supposed to reveal the cross-over character on The Talking Dead tonight; anyone care to speculate before then? Was thinking maybe Abraham before he hooked up with Eugene and Rosita.

17. Michael

hoping for a better show tonight...

18. Michael

yea...he makes you just want to smack him! LOL..

Madness likes this.
  19. Michael

maybeso, but bitching about other forum members just shows how much one cares...and the optimist always hopes it'll get better. : )

20. Michael

if so I hope he bites Negan...even though I love the actor I feel his character has worn out his welcome...

21. (I'm going to do a running commentary on this episode)

1.) ...

2.) I see that some of Junkyard People are wearing their assless wardrobes.

3.) Maggie is still hot.

4.) "Talks too much." Heh.

5.) Why did Michonne and Rosita switch driving seats so quick? They certainly couldn't have driven that far.

6.) Zombies like plastic bags?

7.) Great scene with putting Gregory in the pen. Bad form not to shoot the long-haired Savior right in the face.

8.) That was an RPG like no other. Not even made in the USA. That was some funny stuff!

9.) So Daryl and Tara show up...just in time with the garbage truck.

10.) Jesus is super annoying now.

11.) Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Not bad but not good.

HudsonDuster likes this.
  22. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

FTWD gets one of the WDs best characters, outasite :cool:! I just hope he doesn't completely take over . . .

Madness likes this.
  23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

There was a line I liked in a "Funny or Die" article from last week.

There’s no way I could’ve guessed this is where we’d be at when I watched the first episode in 2010. Honestly, I feel like I’m in an abusive long term relationship with someone who has changed significantly, and no longer considers my needs, but I don’t know how to get out of it because I’m waiting for Carl to die.

Rubber65, Higlander, JuanTCB and 6 others like this.
  24. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

The quality has really been up and down this season. Questions:
    1. Why does Rick keep referring to The Plan, when it seems like all anyone ever does is just impulsively head out on their own?
    2. Was anyone else tired of hearing a character say "Can I come with you?"
    3. Why did Rick go to talk to Jadis solo, with no Plan "B"? Hadn't his faith in any deal with her been permanently shaken? Did it really make any difference if she "grazed" him with her bullet?
    Is Rick going back to having catfood for brains? I think that "A" she drew on the door meant "A-hole".

This was another TWD that probably had a 30 minute episode's worth of worthwhile material.
    Now, we will be losing a character, one of my favorites, to be placed into a show I have zero desire to watch.
    This show is really testing my patience.

Dan

HudsonDuster likes this.
  25. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

The "other" show has perhaps been more interesting recently.

Rufus McDufus and Hall Cat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.