Next XTC Steven Wilson 5.1 remix - BLACK SEA

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Phil Tate, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Sad to read about the delay, but with the Crimson box coming up and a significant classical music backlog I probably wouldn't have the time to give it a good listen anyway. So I can wait a little longer.

2. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Black Sea is being delivered! I just saw a photo on the Chalkholls Facebook group. I assume it was delivered by Burning Shed...

jamesc likes this.
  3. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x Thread Starter

Sure that's not just pre-release copies going out to the artists? Andy tweeted that he's received a few copies. Can't imagine they'd send it out this early, especially when the release date was put back twice. Would love to be wrong though!

jsayers likes this.
  4. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

No idea, honestly. I made an assumption...

Well, regardless, it’s getting closer!

EDIT: it turns out the post was from the package designer, who did not mention that in his post. All he said was “Delivered yesterday.” No other explanation until he was asked specifically, deep in the comments section. :)

Phil Tate and jsayers like this.
  5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

That was pretty lame of him to post that on the Facebook page, knowing it would get everyone "up in arms". He knew perfectly well what he was doing. :thumbsdow

Phil Tate likes this.
  6. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Burning Shed's Twitters says they're packing these for shipment now.

Plan9, Frank Field, Phil Tate and 2 others like this.
  7. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Andy’s response to my tweet asking about the possibility of a 5.1 release of Apple Venus and Wasp Star. Andy originally tweeted that both albums are soon to be mastered for likely vinyl re-release.
    XTC on Twitter

Matt S, sharedon, Juggsnelson and 3 others like this.
  8. Musiko

Musiko Forum Resident

Would love to have a re-issue of Nonsuch on vinyl. :love:

9. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

That is fantastic news: automatic purchase!

Matt S and Bonddm like this.
  10. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Burning Shed just sent me a shipping notice via email!

11. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Yup...just got my notice as well....woooo hooooo

mongo, Galactus2 and ermylaw like this.
  12. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Hmmm, good for you but I haven't got one.

13. Steady

Steady Forum Resident

Walked into HMV Meadowhall Sheffield today and bought a copy! Will report ASAP...

Matt S, Ben in Colorado and jamesc like this.
  14. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

come on...waiting for the lucky ones that scored this already to chime in...can't wait for this.

15. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

Got my shipping notice yesterday - that'll teach me to check my emails more often. On the plus side - less time to wait!

16. Phil Tate

Burning Shed tweeted yesterday that all preorders had shipped but there were still a "handful of signed postcards left if you are quick" - well I should hope there are, since the release date hasn't actually passed yet so any new orders are still technically preorders!

17. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Any talk of 5.1 mixes of Dukes of Stratosphere albums?

18. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This seems like such an obvious choice I'm surprised it hasn't been more requested.

19. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Did any vinyl fans here grab the Apple Venus/Wasp Star vinyl box a few years ago? Not LPs, but a box of 45s. Every A-side from one album, B-side from the other. One album had one more track than the other, so the flip side of that single was the only physical release of Colin's "Where Did the Ordinary People Go." The box came with a peacock feather, and the picture sleeves could be arranged into large group photos.

I seem to recall someone here saying that overdubs were added during stereo mixdown, which would make it difficult to prepare a surround mix because those elements can't be isolated.

20. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Yes, that plus the multis are still missing.

21. Phil Tate

I can't believe there are no comments yet about how this sounds! Someone must have listened to it by now??? (At work but hoping mine comes today...)

22. ChrisH

ChrisH Forum Resident

First time I have heard Walking To Work and also Ban The Bomb with vocals which sound suspiciously like a modern Colin overdub to me. But hey what do I know!

23. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Andy apparently re-recorded his vocal for "Let's Make a Den," so there's some precedent. Discussing a 2009 reissue program (later aborted), Colin said that individual band members might complete some unfinished tracks.

24. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

I've no idea why up until now, I've largely ignored XTC, however I decided to put that right and order Black Sea and the other 4 reissues by Steven Wilson. They arrived today and I'm excited! I'll play them in release order so Drums and Wires is on first:righton:

agn, jsayers, Derek Slazenger and 4 others like this.
  25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Here's hoping you love them as much as we do!

alan967tiger likes this.