Pro-Ject VC-S brush strips?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Carlsongsltd, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlsongsltd

Carlsongsltd Active Member Thread Starter

I just purchased the Pro-Ject VC-S record vacuum cleaner and I absolutely love it.

It comes with another set of those self adhesive brush strips but I would like to purchase more of them for the future. Does anyone know where I can purchase them besides Pro-Jects website? I live in the U.S. Looked on Amazon or EBay and no luck.

Any links? Thanks!

2. Helom

Helom Forum member

Try Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct

3. Carlsongsltd

Carlsongsltd Active Member Thread Starter

I'll check it out...

4. Helom

Helom Forum member

Or give your dealer a call and request that they locate some. That's one area where dealers can be useful.

5. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

How often do you need to change them? (I.e. how dirty until they should be changed)

6. mktracy

mktracy Forum Resident

Music Direct has them for $5 a pair.

Echoplex likes this.
  7. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

£2.99 a pair about $4 in the uk very cheap comapered to other RCMs
    Okki Okki are £7.99 a pair

8. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Do you change them once they start to show dirt? Presumably if they get completely dirty they spread it to other records

9. mktracy

mktracy Forum Resident

Hey Porkpie, I change them after cleaning about 250 records. I just wipe them down with a medium brush before I start cleaning any new records to remove debris.

Echoplex likes this.
  10. Echoplex

Echoplex Forum Resident

Same, except I use a lint roller.

11. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Thanks for the advice. Yesterday I cleaned about 100, mainly second-hand, but all previously cleaned in my Knosti. By the end the strips had changed colour and were going dark so I replaced them. Today I cleaned about 45 records (most vinyl I bought new in the past year) and they’re still white.

Was I bit quick to replace them after 90 records because they were looking a bit dirty? Should I have rinsed and brushed them and changed them according to their “bounce” or fullness rather than colour? (I can’t find any advice in the instructions)

12. Echoplex

Echoplex Forum Resident

Perhaps.

Could it be that the brushes were damp and looked a little dark? I mean, 90 records is a lot for one cleaning session. ;)
    You might keep those brushes around for used records, if nothing else, then use the newer ones for new records. Just an idea...

mktracy and Porkpie like this.
  13. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

You’re not kidding, I had back ache! It’s strangely addictive though, I’ve just done another 3.5hrs of cleaning! Want to get the whole collection done before Christmas so I can put my feet up and enjoy them and this is the last free weekend I have.

Heckto35, Echoplex and mktracy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.