St Vincent - Masseduction Vinyl - Quality

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nick Fuller, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Fuller

Nick Fuller Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone got this yet?

2. Lunar Laugh

Lunar Laugh The Walrus

Still awaiting on my copy. Got a discounted package deal by getting her first album on vinyl bundled with it.

3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

RubenH likes this.
  4. Nick Fuller

Nick Fuller Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks man - I must have missed that

Annoying that such a fantastic album gets a **** pressing

5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Repetitive pop/click through last track side 1. Going back. Coloured vinyl is often trouble. Think this is a GZ pressing? Not had a bad one from them in a while.

6. Classicrock

Didn't play side 2 of the one I sent back. 2nd copy fine on side 1 but loud pops a ticks in quiet parts and between tracks over 2nd half of side 2. I always find pink vinyl pressings have noise issues.

7. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

I got the pink vinyl version from her site. Sounds pretty good to me. It was quiet and flat. Much better than her last album on vinyl which was such a disappointment to me.

8. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I picked up the Pink Version today.

Not flat. But so far, it's quiet.

9. Krzysztof Maj

Krzysztof Maj Forum Resident

Is the pressing issue still ongoing with her last album? Thinking of picking up one from EU stores, but a bit reluctant reading all the information about the pressing quality!

10. Classicrock

3rd copy has some repetitive noises at end of side 2 but by far the best of 3. Appears to be a Record Industry product.

11. Krzysztof Maj

Krzysztof Maj Forum Resident

Third copy! Wow, I guess in case of US it's pressed by RTI and in EU by GZ Media, right?

12. Classicrock

I'm sure it's from Record Industry in Holland from the matrix numbers.

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The deluxe yellow vinyl came in a PVC sleeve, which as we know, tends to deteriorate over time, ruining the vinyl. I have not opened it and plan to sell it.

14. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Dachshund Dog Dad

Got the pink vinyl version recently and it's flat and quiet. Surprised how nice it sounds.

15. MoonPanda

MoonPanda Forum Resident

Anyone got any comments on the blue Vinyl Me Please pressing? Am thinking of giving it a go...

16. RebelWaltz

RebelWaltz Forum Resident

I have the standard pink vinyl version. Flat, reasonably quiet and very dynamic. Not quite audiophile quality, but still quite good. As far as the music itself, it's one of the best LPs I've heard in some time.

bluejimbop likes this.
  17. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I went through 2 or 3 copies of this one when it was first released, each with issues of scratches, pops/crackle, surface noise in general. Has anyone bought the UK/EU pressing in the last month or so and able to comment on whether things have improved?

AaronW likes this.
  18. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

It's fantastic, as most VMP pressings tend to be. If I'm not mistaken, their exclusive of the S/T got a new vinyl remaster too

MoonPanda likes this.
  19. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I'm referring to the pink pressing

20. Bill Haverchuck

Bill Haverchuck Forum Resident

Unfortunately, the VMP pink S/T reissue is sonically exactly the same as the standard black version, surface noise & all.

21. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I bought the pink version on day of release and went through 3 copies, all noisy as hell with scratches, pops and general surface noise .and gave up on it. I then bought a copy about 2 weeks ago from Amazon UK and to my astonishment it sounds great and basically no surface noise. I guess it’s a repress. If only I’d be so lucky with Lana Del Rey pressings...

Bill Haverchuck likes this.
  22. Bloom

My S/T copy is dead quiet and sounds much better than the original black.

23. Bill Haverchuck

Bill Haverchuck Forum Resident

I went through 2 noisy copies of the pink myself! The best I can say of the experience is that VMP's customer service was top-notch & they sent out another copy, no questions asked.
    I played both sides back-to-back with the original black version & noticed no difference whatsoever. Also, the matrix runout code etchings in the deadwax on the original black pressing & the VMP reissue are exactly the same, which indicates that the same lacquer (thus, the same master) were used for both pressings.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  24. Bloom

Ok, but my copy is dead quiet and sounds better than the original black.

25. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

Yeah, I'm on my second US copy (same exact matrix this far in?) and while not terrible still has some issues. If there is hope of a good pressing I'll exchange it, but if not I might as well just keep this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.