Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically album coming out Nov. 3

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

zphage likes this.
  2. BradOlson

The album cover:

[​IMG]

3. BradOlson

I agree with her that "Legends" is much more mature than anything on her "The First Time" album. If she continues to do what she has done with her songwriting and singing on this track, she will really go far in the music industry and go beyond the instant commercial success that "Love Me Like You Mean It" happened to get.

4. BradOlson

I do highly recommend this for any pop-country fan and much of the songs are about her relationship with Morgan Evans, an Australian country-pop singer, whom she just recently married. Much more mature than most anything on her "The First Time" CD.

5. BradOlson

But here is one song that continues the poor rhyming that she mastered in the lyrics of "Dibs" (from The First Time). This is "Roses" from the new album. Listen to the chorus where she rhymes "classic" with "jacket" and "had it" with "had it."

6. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

It’s a fun album, but there literally isn’t a trace of country on the whole thing. I’m amazed it’s been classed as that genre.

7. BradOlson

The same thing applies with "The First Time."

8. BradOlson

BTW, her label, Black River Entertainment, is a label that services mainly to country radio although they do have success with Hannah Kerr on CCM radio and have signed some artists that are Americana. Craig Morgan is the other major country radio act that Black River has had success with and is still signed with Black River. With all of the success at country radio they've had with Kelsea, who has also gotten played on Radio Disney, Black River ought to service her stuff to pop radio as well as her sound is pure pop, after all she is Black River's core money maker.

9. BradOlson

I'm glad you agree that this is a very fun album. You'd enjoy The First Time just as much.

10. Bobby Morrow

It’s hooky, but very poppy. Closer to Selena Gomez and latter day Taylor Swift than anything countrified.. Have thought of picking up the Maren Morris CD. Have liked a couple of songs off that.

11. BradOlson

You will love the Maren Morris CD and the album is out on vinyl as well.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  12. BradOlson

BTW, a huge portion of Kelsea's fan base is the Selena Gomez, current Taylor Swift, etc. fan base.

13. BradOlson

The 2nd single is "I Hate Love Songs" which we just played on www.wbji.com

14. BradOlson

The video for I Hate Love Songs:

15. BradOlson

16. BradOlson

Although I already had this on CD, I picked it up on vinyl anyway and the vinyl is a much smoother listening experience although of course the mix is heavily compressed. There is a Deluxe Edition CD issue available with 4 additional tracks, and you can also download just those 4 tracks from the download retailers, and if you buy the vinyl, it does come with a download card of the Deluxe Edition. BTW, Miss Me More is getting to be so huge a hit, that it will be serviced to pop radio. Also, she is the newest Opry inductee.

17. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

here is her new song with Halsey, sounds pretty modern

The Other Girl

18. Bobby Morrow

It’s a good album, but I don’t know how they dare to market this as country.:D

Galley likes this.
  19. BradOlson

Her new self-titled album is even more pop yet it is a fun album.

Bobby Morrow and AndrewK like this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

Yes, sorry. The new kelsea album is the one I meant. I didn’t read the thread title and the post above mine features a song from the new LP so I assumed that’s what the thread was about.:)

21. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

sorry for confusion, I did not realize there was another thread about her new album.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  22. BradOlson

That's OK.

23. Bobby Morrow

No apology needed. It’s my fault f0r not reading the thread title.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.