Third Man Records Vault #34 (White Stripes Live In Detroit)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PretzelLogic, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willmatic

willmatic Forum Resident

I went from this being a must have to up and the air. Curious as to whether any of these shows were iconic in anyway, or have we heard it all before.

2. jeendicott

jeendicott Senior Member

3. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Ended up keeping my subscription for this one, must admit being a little more excited after going to Devil's Night at the TMR Cass Corridor store last night and seeing the blackboard of current pressing jobs up in the pressing plant with the full set in the first three slots. Feels good for this to be a Detroit-based release, pressed in Detroit.

budwhite and Greenalishi like this.
  4. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Just got my shipping notification on this one. To be honest I had nearly forgotten that it was due soon.

5. Champagne Boot

Should be out of label mode and into the trucks by the end of the week. Really hoping it gets here before next Tuesday, these things shipping right before the holidays are always a real crapshoot for those of us who travel this time of year.

6. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Weird, bc I thought they shipped Z-A. I'm a C. I was one of the last to get the previous Vault.

edit: Just read the whole email, "Reminder: we are shipping in alphabetical order (A-Z) by last name."

7. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

What was the title of the email? As far as I know I haven't received an email with the tracking number and if they were shipped by users last name I should have got mine by now.

8. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

The email title is 'Vault Package 34 Shipping Information'. I received my email on the 7th of December (surname beginning with H). The package is showing as having been processed in the city next to mine this morning, so it looks like I will have it on Monday (possibly Sunday as Canada Post are doing additional deliveries at this time of year).

9. Champagne Boot

If you have Gmail, mine always goes to the Promotions tab.

10. Sick Sick Phil

I looked all through my email but didn't find it but the vault came in today.

11. Sick Sick Phil

My Live at the magic stick is really messed up.

12. VatiBobo

What's wrong with it?

13. Sick Sick Phil

About three skips on side one and I'm not finished side one yet.

14. VatiBobo

That's not good. Hopefully it's something that can be cleaned and not permanent

15. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Damned Alphabet - Mine won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday...

Hope we get some more Reviews before then.

16. Champagne Boot

From the TMR collector’s page on FB, looks like US deliveries got up to about L or M?

17. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

My last name starts with H. Just received Vault 34 yesterday Dec 16. Playing Live at the Magic Stick right now. Vinyl seems to be flat and quiet. Recording is a little bit rough for the first song but then gets better. Will update after listening to all 3 LPs. I would of prefered the bigger box style case rather than the slip case, its a bit tight.

18. Champagne Boot

Personally, with about 5+ Vault boxes that range from large to massive eating up a huge chunk of shelf space, I'm grateful for a little relief this time around.

cubbykat and matt79rome89 like this.
  19. Sick Sick Phil

Yeah it sounds like the tape was damaged.

20. Sick Sick Phil

Yeah I will give it a good clean tomorrow. Everything else was fine.

VatiBobo likes this.
  21. VatiBobo

My package arrived this afternoon (thanks to Canada Post and their Sunday deliveries :)). It's a very nice looking set and the records appear to be well pressed (no visual issues; haven't had a chance to play them yet). My only complaint so far is that the inner sleeves have all split on the sides and at least one has split on both sides.

22. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just finished listening to all three LPs before cleaning. All were quiet and flat, one side was slightly off center. All three sound great, raw live recordings, what a great set!

Guitarded likes this.
  23. willmatic

willmatic Forum Resident

Skipped this, this go around. Judging by the commentary, it seems to be my loss. Would love to hear opinions on the special moments of a certain song and/or pictures of the set.

24. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

My favorite right now is the complete live version of White Blood Cells, great performance and well recorded.

Guitarded and willmatic like this.
  25. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Awesome. So glad to hear some good reports. Thanks

...hopefully mine makes it here tomorrow!

budwhite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.