The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Gimple was very cagey about the bite on talking dead though. He was very careful to avoid saying it was a zombie bite when directly asked. He just said it was a bite and it would play out like bites do. So it could just be a ploy to wind us all up and make us stay tuned for the start of the next half. It would be a proper cheap shot but it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t pull something that low!

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It was a rabid badger that bit Coral.

Frozensoda and ssmith3046 like this.
  3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I bailed after the first episode of this season. Crappy production values including the digital FX, laughable dialog, plot holes and inconsistencies and a complete lack of basic simple logic to the point where you wanna shout at the TV e.g. why didn't Rick and company wipe out Negan and his crew when they had 'em at point blank range in Ep 1? Even more, why did Negan and crew expose themselves that way, strutting out in plain view? stoopid. The writing is an insult to the viewer.

The Forbes writer stated that we may soon see a Neflix Original zombie show (original zombie show - there's an oxymoron for ya) and if we do, hopefully it will lead to either the end or a major reboot of this mess. How can any professional associated with the show truly be proud of what it has become?

4. beat_truck

beat_truck Forum Resident

Gimple seems like such a smug a-hole to me. Just the way he acts and talks rubs me the wrong way. I thought that he basically implied that fans of the show were idiots for not knowing how Coral got bit.:tsk:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    ssmith3046 and Purplefowler like this.
  5. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

So low as to steal a plot line from ZNation, fake a bite and use it to escape a situation? :laugh:

Edit, also used in Zombieland as a trap.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Glad I checked out this thread. I didn't watch the show this season so I did not know about Coral.

7. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

The guy he rescued from the outside bit him.

Purplefowler likes this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The whole Coral issue reeks of another dumpster stunt; the firing of Chandler Riggs, deviation from the source material, blink-and-you'll-miss-it biting, and carrying it over the mid-season break. I don't know how long ratings are going to remain high but there is a lot of unrest among the viewers.

9. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

Not at all. CarL is a goner. It had to be done sooner or later. He's 18 playing, what, 13? Unlike the comics, Carl can't stay young forever.

10. balzac

balzac Senior Member

After the Glenn dumpster incident, I wouldn't put anything past these showrunners.

But if they're really trying to create an elaborate act to make us think Carl is dead and off the show, they're kind of going overboard.

In particular, Chandler Riggs's father said this:

“Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing,” William Riggs wrote. “I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!”

This is pretty inflammatory for a "fake out" scenario.

Chandler Riggs also gave an "exit interview" to the Hollywood Reporter that in retrospect would show him flat-out lying if it turns out Carl isn't going to die.

Ethan B likes this.
  11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'm guessing AMC knew they'd have to pay Riggs more once he turned 18 and became a legal adult, so the decision came down from on high.

12. craig leonard

craig leonard Forum Resident

If the TV show is introducing the next "big bad" of the comic series, it would explain how a "zombie" bite was not a zombie bite.

Dr.D likes this.
  13. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I can't help thinking Carl dying/leaving the show is a bluff - but I'm not sure what the showrunners would gain from that.

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the bite did not look like a zombie chomp, but word has it he wants to got to college and wanted off the show, but I believe the creeps that the writers are it's all F'n smoke and mirrors...either way it doesn't matter...the show rots now anyway...I'm thinking of bailing....to much BS...Eugene makes me pissed every time he appears...The bit between Negan and Rick was laughable...another missed opportunity for Ricky.
    to bail or not? I have some time before the next show appears...My wife will probably change my mind. LOL..

15. Michael

suspense!

16. Michael

well as I've read they've strayed from the comic on occasion...

17. You could write something positive about the show instead of complaining about posts in this thread.

beat_truck and Rufus McDufus like this.
  18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em! Thread Starter

**Speculation**
    ...maybe Coral (or Arl as we call him in my house) is faking a zombie bite in order to simply leave the group and forge his own path. Showing them a fake bite (from perhaps the new guy, at Carl's request?) would maybe convince them not to search for him, at least in Coral's view, and allow him to head off and start over. The logic for this being that he simply doesn't agree with Rick & co's beliefs or direction any longer.

And maybe the producers are going this route so they can write Chandler Riggs off the show, and maybe one day bring him back later down the road in some big twist, if they choose to, and if the show is still going.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  19. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Maybe you can start a Walking Dead Whiners Club thread.

20. I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member.

Frozensoda likes this.
  21. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

That's true but going by Judith's appearance it's probably 2-3 years since the apocalypse started. Carl's rapid ageing can't really be explained at this time. If they did a flash forward as they hinted at the start of the season then I guess they could've had a legit reason for a young adult Carl in the show.

22. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Really nothing would surprise me. I’m sure the team recognised the hype when glen first died....except he hid under a dumpster. The bloke playing him had to go into hiding and they really played the fans emotions for all they could. Now I’m pretty sure Carl is going but I still wouldn’t entirely dismiss the possibility that this could be a very elaborate hoax to really stir the buzz. If it is, it will backfire massively though as people don’t like being mugged off

23. So I guess you don't have anything good to say about it either.

jriems and beat_truck like this.
  24. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I usually record a series and then watch it all in a few days, so I had this "fall season" on the PVR and watched over the past few days. First, watching it for the past few season has felt like a bit of a chore, but once I start watching I get re-engaged at least to some degree. I also used the ffwd button a few times, on what we started called "pondering thinking" scenes (at least one per episode, 60 seconds of each character starting into the middle distance).

I'm generally at the stage where I've committed this long, may as well continue for the ride. That said, the show is sloppy to the point that a few times I've had to stop and figure out if I possible missed an episode -- episode 7 to 8 the most glaring. I'm OK with leaps in logic, in the end it's based on a comic book about a zombie apocalypse, but there's a lot of lazy storytelling.

beat_truck and EVOLVIST like this.
  25. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I'm kind of the same way, in for a penny, in for a pound. Saying that, the production values have crashed. Look at episode 1, grand scale. The last episode, not so much. For a show bringing in big money, you'd think they could big things up a bit. Probably just a milk cow at this point. Not sure there are a lot of seasons left in this one. I'll finish it out though.

beat_truck and EVOLVIST like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.