Heart - New album "Beautiful Broken" Release Date 8th July 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FlatulentDonkey, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks I didn't know Fanatic had a BestBuy deal. What was exclusive to that version?

3. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I like Heart but I wasn't even aware they had a new album out until I saw this thread 20 seconds ago lol that might be partly why

4. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

The original version of "Beautiful Broken", "Two Silver Rings" and "Zingara."

5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Looks like the vinyl release date is now September 2, 2016.

6. 905

905 Senior Member

Just listened to it this morning.
    I thought it was well done with heart (no bad pun intended) put in into it. I do wish it was like a double album with ten remade songs and ten new songs.

The Hud and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  7. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Very glad I picked this up. It's the most consistent release I've heard from them in years.

8. steelvelvet20

steelvelvet20 Forum Resident

Yet another fantastic entry in the Heart catalogue.

9. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

10. steelvelvet20

steelvelvet20 Forum Resident

I can't imagine Ann and Nancy being so unkind that they would not release another album. Hope I'm not being too optimistic. Of course, they are both getting older and they won't be recording forever. Jesus, I may need therapy when Heart finish.
    But there is so much in EPic and Capitol vaults, recordings, TV interviews.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Sadly they knocked it out of the park with Beautiful Broken but they really didn't tour it as much as they could have because of the falling out IMO

12. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Just got an email from Loud & Proud records:

Featuring Nancy Wilson (Heart)
    And Liv Warfield (New Power Generation)

New album First Things First out September 22, 2017

Major U.S. tour in the fall!

Nancy Wilson, guitar goddess and one of the founding members of the legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group Heart, has teamed up with former Prince’s New Power Generation band member and R&B singer Liv Warfield to form the soulful, rock super group, Roadcase Royale.

“Roadcase Royale is a band I've always wanted to be in,” says Nancy Wilson. “We all write and create songs as a unit. It's an inspired democracy. Liv and Ryan both bring a whole new level of magic to our new sound. I'm amazed after devoting my life to rock music how it now feels so brand new. That's why our first album is called First Things First.” The name of the band, Roadcase Royale came to the group during a backstage meeting they had last year. Wilson said, “When I came up with the name Roadcase Royale it was an interesting symbol to me since the big heavy-duty road cases that our amps drums and guitars travel in are much like the musicians they accompany on the road. Strong and regal looking yet all scuffed up and dented, covered in funny stickers that tell the story of a crazy traveling circus.”

In addition to Wilson (guitar) and Warfield (vocals), Roadcase Royale features Prince protégé Ryan Waters (lead guitarist, ) along with Heart members Chris Joyner (keys), Dan Rothchild (bass), and Ben Smith (drums).

The band will play several headline dates beginning September 10, 2017 at The Gramercy Theatre in New York and will embark on a major U.S. tour this fall, dates to be announced soon.

Sept 10: The Gramercy Theatre – New York, NY
    Sept 24: The Pabst Theater – Milwaukee, WI
    Oct 1: Neighborhood Theatre – Charlotte, NC
    Oct 4: Bijou Theatre – Knoxville, TN
    Oct 8: City Winery – Nashville, TN
    Oct 15: Tower Theatre – Oklahoma City, OK

13. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

Thanks for sharing. Looks quite political. Their right to do so but not interested. Music could unite if used properly. I don't need to be preached at by anyone.

14. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

I think the feud will go on for a long time but eventually Ann will jettison the husband and then Nancy will come back around.

15. Sabbath

Sabbath Forum Resident

I know a few people close to the band and I don't see Ann and Nancy performing together again anytime soon. There is a two year restraining order against Ann's husband being near Nancy's kids, so they aren't likely to tour together during that time. And according to one person who would know, Ann has alienated everyone in the band besides Craig Bartock, mostly because they supported Nancy after the assault and Ann's husband apparently has a "you're with me or against me" mentality. The guy seems to be controlling her and he's led Ann to believe that the only reason the band was successful is her voice (which I guess could be argued, but I'd counter than none of Ann's solo efforts has had any chart success even back in '85 when Heart could do no wrong on the charts).

I think it's a far bigger mess than even the media is letting on and it's not likely they'll be spending Christmas or any other day together any time soon.

Very, very sad.

16. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

When Nancy was on the Eddie Trunk podcast...reading between the lines...it seems like she's just as upset that they have missed out on a big payday playing the European festival circuit. She alludes to some big offers on the table and that this whole incident has messed up their plans.

keyXVII, MikaelaArsenault and Sabbath like this.
  17. Sabbath

Sabbath Forum Resident

Yes, they were all planning to tour as Heart this summer until Ann surprised them with the news she was going it alone. And she also surprised a couple of Heart members that were also in her solo band by dropping them from payroll and replacing them. Ann apparently didn't take too kindly to anyone who empathized with Nancy's resentment over the assault on her kids (which is pretty much anyone who thinks an adult assaulting two children is wrong). As far as the six members of Heart, there seems to be bad blood all over the place because of Ann's husband and it's not likely to go away anytime soon.

About a month ago Nancy mentioned that Heart had a huge offer for a couple of shows next summer (2018) and she hoped/assumed that Heart would take it. But it ain't happening and I honestly wouldn't hold your breath for any Heart-branded music in 2018. The sad thing is that Ann and Nancy aren't getting any younger and it's not likely that promoters are going to continue booking Heart in a couple of years when the girls are in their 70s. Right or wrong, hard rock and 70 year old women do not go together and promoters know it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  18. Sabbath

Sabbath Forum Resident

It’s because the album chart now includes streaming, downloads, etc. The previous Billboard chart criteria is now called “Album Sales” chart and it hit 30. Heart listeners tend to buy the physical album or download it instead of streaming it which is a big part of the Billboard 200 criteria now.

19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I will say this was the heart album I had been waiting for since they kept saying "a return to their 70's roots". it sounds modern but old school. the production is great. yes I know a lot of these songs are on older albums but the newer arrangements make them work better

20. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

God Willing!

21. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

I am going to see Ann Wilson in Tacoma WA in February
    Had tickets to see Nancy and Roadcase Royale open for Bob Seger but his tour
    Was cancelled :(

Honestly, the best way to see Heart these days is the “cover” band
    “Heart by Heart”-with original members Steve Fossen and Michael Derosier
    Featuring powerhouse vocalist (and Fossen’s wife) Somar Macek
    They Rock!

22. Sabbath

Sabbath Forum Resident

I agree they are good. I just don’t think Somar sounds anything like Ann — she’s got her own style. I’d love to see them do some original material instead of just heart covers.

23. pghmusiclover

The last time I saw Heart live, they did 3 or 4 Led Zeppelin songs, at the expense of omitting some of their own tunes. That was disappointing.

24. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

What? No Nancy singing lead?

25. pghmusiclover

She sings lead on the Heart remakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.