Neo Psych Fans: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard..Far Out!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ServingTheMusic, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

.....sampling some Gumboot Soup right now. Tasty! I have a thought though- if we have to wait until February to get a proper CD release of Polygondwanaland how long until this one is released on CD?

2. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I'm sure a vinyl is coming of this - any pre-orders yet?

3. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

:yikes::bdance:

..anyone else gettin’ down to these new tracks? I’m diggin’ it hard.

jamo spingal and JL6161 like this.
  4. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

...just read this quote from Stu- “We don’t expect everyone to like everything that we release, but I hope people can view these five records as one body of work,” frontman Stu Mackenzie said. “They’ve been made at the same time, by the same people, in the same place, and they all overlap.”

Definitely! As I have all of them on shuffle right now. They all flow into each other really well. Lovin’ it!

5. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Hmmm.... can I be the ONLY one who likes (the taste of) Gumboot Soup? :D

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I have it, and expect to enjoy it, but just haven't had time to dig in yet. A bit overhwhelmed with new music right now!

7. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident Thread Starter

They are releasing albums at an unheard of clip..I like 'em all, and the tasty broth of Gumboot is included.:angel:

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  8. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Gumboot Soup is now available to pre-order from the ATO site.

Vinyl comes in either "greenhouse heat death" or a limited "gumbo stew" colored vinyl...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

10. zakyfarms

pablorkcz likes this.
  11. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

12. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Disappointed they are not coming near me because they were one of the best shows I saw in 2017 (or or in the last few years, for that matter) but I'm sure they'll add more dates.

If you have the opportunity to see them, do not pass it up. They are a phenomenal live act.

zakyfarms likes this.
  13. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Ended up getting tix to San Diego (they were on sale earlier than the rest for some reason).
    LA's closer, but I figure a trip to San Diego and back on a Friday would be easier than a trip to LA on a Thursday.
    Not to mention, the Hollywood Palladium is almost 4K capacity, whereas the San Diego venue is only 1,100.

14. golobali

golobali Forum Resident

Will "Gumboot Soup" be released in UK/Europe by Heavenly according to the last albums?

15. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

Finally got around to listening to Gumboot Soup and it doesn't disappoint. Amazing how much quality music they released last year, this guy is a prolific song writer. Also, love The Great Chain Of Being, might be their heaviest yet without inducing vomit comet.

16. golobali

golobali Forum Resident

I'm answering myself. Heavenly says yes and will probably announce it next week. So there's no need for me (and other european residents) to pay ridiculous high oversea shipping prices ;-)

17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Predictably, the LA show sold out in seconds.

18. zakyfarms

Really? wow. I already have my floor tickets, but just checked and there's still 3rd row balcony tix available here in SF.

19. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I think they released more tix since this morning.

20. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Just heard their 'Float Along & Oddiments'... WOW! IF I had only known about it when it came out for $26 [​IMG]

Now, the damn thing is like $400+ GEEZ... If they did another repress, they would sell a TON of them!

21. latheofheaven

I just preordered Polygondwanaland. Damn, there are like a MILLION different releases on Discogs, but I just chose whatever one is on Amazon for $17.xx. I just listened to the FLAC version and it was quite good. The best one to me anyway since Float on / Oddiments; at least the only one that I've heard otherwise so far that I want to buy on vinyl.

22. Spinmeout

Spinmeout Forum Resident

My Salty dog pressing that i pre ordered of Polygond arrived just the other day.
    I wasn't quite sure what the quality would be like with this album considering they gave the files away for free for anyone to press, but this version is fantastic!!!.
    Great sound quality, heavy, flat, centered vinyl, nice quality jacket and print, nice rear cover art.
    Hand numbered in nice gold ink
    I got the half blue/red deluxe edition limited to 75. Got no 74.

1 of about 4 or 5 different copies i pre ordered from different places pressing this album, hopefully they all turn out this good.

I pre orderd every limited ed version of their albums this band released last year, got 2 copies of each.
    Gumboot is on the way too (whenever it is supposed to arrive).

If there's a band that has released more quality material in one year I've never heard them, I don't know how they managed to do it, they're freaks!!

Long live the Gizz!!

notesofachord and latheofheaven like this.
  23. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Really interesting and productive band. I've heard only few of their releases, but have to check the rest and it was really surprising how high quality material they managed to release in one year.
    I think I found King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard via some playlist consisting of new psychedelic bands and releases last year (or was it the previous year) as I heard few songs from the album "I'm In Your Mind Fuzz" (2014).
    I think another worthwhile and one of my favorites from the new groups is Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation which is also very psychedelic stuff and they've released 2 albums so far.
    There's so much interesting stuff going around and being released so it's definitely essential to follow around for good recommendations.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Davey and latheofheaven like this.
  24. latheofheaven

Thanks guys for the input! :)

25. jamo spingal

jamo spingal Forum Resident

Roll on 25th Feb at the O2 ABC in Glasgow.

Spruce and latheofheaven like this.