Save your concert ticket stubs? What about electronic tickets?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

I know many forum members save all their concert ticket stubs. Wanted to know how people have continued their collections in this age of electronic tickets.

These days, ticket agencies charge an extra fee if you want a hard ticket mailed to you, versus an electronic ticket ($5 on Ticketmaster). If you buy your ticket on the secondary market, it'll most likely be an electronic ticket.

I do like saving my ticket stubs, as something to look at years later to remember all the concerts I went to. For electronic tickets, I save the files in a folder on my computer. Not the same as looking through a shoebox of ticket stubs, though.

2. DockBoggs

DockBoggs Forum Resident

I print the electronic ones and put them with my other tickets in plastics sleeves in a binder.

3. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Most of my ticket stubs are "hard" . I file them in photo albums. On the odd occasion that I buy a "print at home" ticket, I file the print-out in the photo album as well.

Sammy Waslow and Pennywise like this.
  4. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

I try to pick the print-at-home option whenever possible. I also try to cut out any adds, if available, from our free local paper, Creative Loafing. I do miss the hard copy ticket.

5. utopiarun

utopiarun "on the road to Utopia"

I still try to have the tickets printed and mailed to me if it's not expensive. I recently ordered tickets and the venue wanted to charge $14 per hard ticket mailed! I printed that one at home :).

I have a box where I keep all my stubs and it's a bloody mess. One day when I have the time I'll organize them. Yeah sure. :agree:

6. Scooter59

Scooter59 Forum Resident

7. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

I have five of those filled, working on number six. I still try to go for hard tickets, but will occasionally do the Print At Home thing.

Chris from Chicago and Scooter59 like this.
  8. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I've been averaging about 1-2 shows a year for the last few years, so I'll pay the extra amount to get a hard copy. My sister regrets throwing hers out. Some of her more notable shows were Elvis in 1972 at MSG, Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band (I think in 1974 at Carnegie Hall) and several very early Elton John show at very small venues.

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I have one of these. I printed a few of my electronic tickets and cut them to fit, but it's just not the same.

The other 'problem' that I have is that about half of the shows I went to were guest lists, so no ticket at all.

10. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

This is exactly what I do, even though electronic tickets aren't even 0.000001% as cool as physical ticket stubs. I always try to request actual tickets for concerts and sporting events when I can.

DockBoggs likes this.
  11. greenhorn

greenhorn Forum Resident

I don't go to many concerts but my daughter got us U2 tickets and she intentially did whatever is need to get real hard copies so we would have them as mementos.

12. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

So far I've only been to shows where I get a wristband in exchange which is what I keep! Paper tix ain't dead yet.

It does suck a bit. I mean, printing emails as memorabilia? No thanks...

13. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I hate it when I do not get hard tickets. I still have stubs from 25+ years ago, and anytime I am given the option to get mailed tickets I am going to pick it. Especially now that we are in the era of the $45 Tour Shirt :disgust: I like to have the "free" keepsake of the show.

ME-262 likes this.
  14. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I save just the hard copies. The electronic copies get tossed. Fortunately I've been able to get stubs for about 95% of the shows I've seen. Just need more frames and wall space now.

15. Scooter59

Scooter59 Forum Resident

I keep the electronic tickets too, just so I have something to refer to when the memory starts going. It's also helped when I'm trying to remember a section/seat for a specific venue.

Slightly off topic, but there's a club I go to a few times a year and when I get a comp or discount ticket they always give me a hard ticket from some past show to use so they can save printing.

16. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

If you opt to have your electronic ticket on your phone (versus emailed to you as a PDF file), when you get scanned for entry into the venue, the ticket checkers usually print out something from their handheld scanners that looks like a ticket. That's so you can show that "ticket" slip to ushers.

It's sort of halfway between a hard ticket and a flimsy store receipt. That's a way to get a physical memento of your ticket for electronic tickets on your phone.

If you opt to "go mobile" with your ticket on phone, though, Ticketmaster will not deliver the tickets to you by email or to print at home. That can make it difficult to sell off your ticket if you cannot make the show.

17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I pay the extra $2 and have them mail me real tickets. I like the souvenir.

18. qrysdonnell

qrysdonnell Forum Resident

I still keep any physical stubs I end up with, but by virtue of my still not having done anything with my ticketstubs from my 'prime' I don't bother with the printouts. While I'm not really sure what I'm even saving them for, I'm sure any future generations won't think printouts are very cool.

19. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

I have nearly all of mine in a binder. My friend made photocopies of the intact tickets from our first concert (AC/DC 12/2/81) beforehand so, after the show, I placed the copy of my whole ticket under the ripped stub and started a binder. I've done well putting all the other tickets from shows over the years and I'm probably missing 5-10 tickets from a life of pretty heavy concert attendance. That copying thing only went on for a few more shows (Genesis and Van Halen 1982).

I just add whatever I have to the binder now whether it's a real ticket or a printout.

20. Bullis

Bullis Forum Resident

I have a shape guitar that is used, which under a glass in a picture frame

21. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

One or two... not so much.

22. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

23. I recently went through and found concerts that I forgot to go to! It was during a very crazy time in our lives with our kids. David Gray and Crowded House are happy though, they got their money!

LivingForever likes this.
  24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

You can always save a file at home, and print out 4x6 photo at a photo shop, trim to size put in your photo binder!

25. I used to keep them in them, but stopped doing so once I had to print them myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.