Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. rod

rod Senior Member

I cancelled the Amazon order after I received mine from JPC. I get the impression that Be! Sharp likes to play the "Record Store Day scarcity game" by shipping only to "preferred" dealers.

2. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't know, their past releases have been available from numerous Amazon sellers.

3. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think if Amazon didn't want to honour the pre-order price they'd just cancel the orders and then relist and they wouldn't care about it either. :)

Amazon.co.uk has it listed but as out of stock. I think their just not being sent any stock. I know the Bear Family store has it in stock again as I got a notice.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Maybe the demand for this set changed the game for them and they've decided to stick with preferred retailers only? At this point I'll leave my pre-order active but I'm going to accept that I'll probably never get this set.

6. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

What a great find! The Crash BF CD with his pre-country material is excellent, I saw recently where he'll be playing Branson with his band in 2018. That Johnny Russell comp contains some tracks unavailable on other releases. Does that Billy Jo Spears disc contain re-recordings or are they original recordings?

The Killer and Rick Bartlett like this.
  7. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

I'm not sure about the BJS CD yet, I'll have to do some research, it could go either way with this label as we know. Generally though, despite the crappy cover art, the sound is pretty good.

melstapler likes this.
  8. Rick Bartlett

Crash's 50's recordings were a 'bomb' down here in Australia, and that is a wonderful BF CD.
    He stormed Australia with those early rock hits and then disappeared off the radar here.
    Very successful with 'boom boom baby' and 'one last kiss' particularly.
    Ironically, as he became a famous country act in the US, he disappeared with appeal or
    promotion down here.

melstapler and The Killer like this.
  9. The Killer

How's this disc RB? I've been looking for a Dupree CD.

10. Rick Bartlett

Don't know 'TK', I'm keen to pick it up myself mate.
    :)

The Killer likes this.
  11. melstapler

How neat! Crash should do a tour in Australia and bring some of the early rock material back into his sets. Ironically, it was the country material which saved his career in the U.S. and that's probably why he stopped performing the early rock material altogether. Seeing Crash live is a spiritual experience in itself and to this day, he's just as much rock as he is country. I'd say he's a 9/10 vocally, which is rare for most artists in their 70s. Unlike some classic artists who mostly play the same greatest hits each night, no two shows are identical and Crash keeps his band on their toes by changing his setlist just about every night.
    [​IMG]
    Billy "Crash" Craddock will turn 79 in June of this year.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  12. melstapler

In 2017, I attempted to place 3 different online orders with ET Record Shop and each of those were cancelled. They gave the same explanation for each of those cancelled orders, stating that the item was out of stock. I figured either they're not stocking titles and updating their website or it's not worth their time to deal with online orders.

13. melstapler

A track from the enjoyable live LP Crash released on ABC Dot in 1977

Kkfan and The Killer like this.
  14. GodBlessTinyTim

Praise be, just got an email that the Starday box has finally shipped! Seems Amazon pulled through after all.

melstapler, Kevin55 and The Killer like this.
  15. The Killer

Aahh I see, it's not actually released yet!

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  16. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

What was your cost if I may ask? I see it's now at 136 EU after VAT is removed.

17. GodBlessTinyTim

The grand total was something like 114 EU after shipping and import fees. The box on its own was 93 or so.

Kevin55 likes this.
  18. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

I see that At the Louisiana Hayride Tonight is on Amazon.de for 135 EU (after VAT is removed) or about 170 USD for Amazon Prime members.

19. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

That's a great price.

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  20. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

Your Amazon.de order of "Starday Custom Series..." has been dispatched!

Hello,
    We thought you'd like to know that we dispatched your order.

Arriving:
    Monday, 29 January

Starday Custom Series #500-675 (10-CD Box)
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
    EUR 96,58
    Item Subtotal: EUR 96,58
    Delivery & Handling: EUR 3,00
    Total:EUR 99,58
    (USD 121.83*)

Please don't be damaged during shipping! :tsk:

Kkfan, Svein Arne and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  21. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Me too!

22. Kkfan

Kkfan Forum Resident

Right now the Starday Custom is at €100.41 (without VAT) at Amazon.de. So, it’ll be €103.41 with standard shipping to the US.

23. GodBlessTinyTim

Gave Myrna Lorrie's Juke Box Pearls CD another spin last night. It's a wonder I had never heard of her before getting it, as she had several #1 Canadian country chart hits in the 60's and hosted numerous radio and TV programs.

All the material on the CD was recorded when she was between 14 and 17. Her only US hit was this 1954 duet which would later be covered by George Jones & Margie Singleton, Ernest Tubb & Loretta Lynn, and Tom Tall & Ginny Wright.

24. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

I dont know if it is the same artist but got same name in the new videos:
    Myrna Lorrie - YouTube

25. pblmow

pblmow Forum Resident

Fats Domino - Out of New Orleans (Even though the last couple discs run a little weak, Domino's 200-song run on Imperial is a blast to listen through repeatedly. The notes really heightened my respect for Dave Bartholomew.)