"I'd like to bring on our good friend" Your favorite live guest appearances

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by detroit muscle, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

Saw Blondie at the Palladium after Parallel Lines and they brought Robert Fripp out to do Fade Away, but then they ripped into Heroes. Awesome.
    More recently saw Johnny Winter and he brought out Hubert Sumlin, who is a hero of mine. Sumlin died not long afterwards, and not long after that so did Johnny.

chewy, DTK, BluesOvertookMe and 3 others like this.
  2. Scooter59

Scooter59 Forum Resident

Primus, on the Chocolate Factory tour in L.A. - brought out Stanley Clarke, Stewart Copeland, and Danny Carey for "Here Come the Bastards"

Watching Claypool and Clarke trade off was quite an experience.

3. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

carlos said something to the effect that people couldnt get it together to do a jam at the concord pavilion show in september that i went to

4. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

1975 at The Bottom Line in NYC... Muddy Waters introduces a guest John Dylan and then corrects himself... Bob Dylan. That same night Muddy introduced Sugar Blue as Powder Blue.

DTK, Crispy Rob, jazz_case and 4 others like this.
  5. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Dan Baird joining the Replacements in Charlotte for "Waitress in the Sky" and "Battleship Chains" on the Don't Tell a Soul tour.

6. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

"and now . . . please welcome, from The Rolling Stone, Keith Ricardo."

Guy Smiley likes this.
  7. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I saw Sheryl Crow in London in 1996 and she brought out Eric Clapton, who she was seeing at the time.

I saw Paul McCartney at a taping of Jools Holland...and David Gilmour and Ian Paice were in his band...

8. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Never been much of a fan of Ms Bush, but even so it was pretty cool witnessing this unique guest appearance (Earls Court, 1987). Didn't realise until recently that this was the only time they ever performed it live together; at the time, I assumed it was a regular thing on that tour. Lucky me!

Mbe, Crispy Rob and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Cheap Trick jamming onstage with Texas Tornados at a multi-bill show back in the 90s. Some of Doug's family were in the crowd and pop superstar Selena played with her own group as well. She was tragically murdered by her manager only a matter of weeks later.

10. Agerst1574

Agerst1574 Forum Resident

Seen many over the last 41 years I have been going to live shows but the best was Eric Clapton performing with the Allman Brothers at the Beacon in 2009. I caught the 2nd night and it was wonderful. They were rehearsed, and Clapton never sounded better.

Efus, Crispy Rob and jazz_case like this.
  11. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Fagen actually toured with Levon. Saw them in Philly.

12. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Many years ago saw Little Jimmy King and the Blues Survivors in a back street bar in Memphis. Towards the end he said "Like to bring on my grand father - Albert King", not long after he was dead. Great memory

13. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I had forgotten that last year, I saw the Gov't Mule & John Scofield tour in Durham, NC, and local resident Branford Marsalis came out for a killer guest slot that included "Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys" and "Afro Blue".

Years ago (late 80s?) I saw Scofield play with Dr. John, although in that case, he was actually in the band for some reason, not appearing as a guest.

PHILLYQ and Crispy Rob like this.
  14. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

Saw Eddie Vedder with the who do "the real me"

15. Adkchaz

Adkchaz Forum Resident

Went to a carpenters concert when during his comback , his laughter in the rain had just come out, neil sedaka had opened only with a piano which was pretty cool with his great voice before them. They started singing some yesterday once more oldies and neil sedaka came out to join them in a 20 minute session of oldies.

phillyal1 and Chris DeVoe like this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Every now and then EC gets the fire back in the belly, lucky you

17. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Patti Smith bringing on Michael Stipe as a surprise support act at the Fillmore in SF. He played about four songs. At first I didn’t recognize him because of the full beard he’d grown.

18. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Muddy Waters appearing w Clapton in '82. I believe it was Waters last live performance.

Peter Hook playing w The Smashing Pumpkins last summer.
    I really enjoyed it as I was not familar with his music, and listening to him it began to dawn on me that a lot of that 80s style of music had come from this guy and the bands he was in. Courtney Love, on the other hand, was a train wreck that evening.

Kris Novoselic doing Molly Lips in Seattle w Foo Fighters was brief, but decent enough.

uzn007 likes this.
  19. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

Mister Mark Lanegan...

LilacTeardrop and JoeF. like this.
  20. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

Yeah, you see a lot of that in Nashville...especially at the Ryman. I've seen too many to recall them all.

Spazaru likes this.
  21. AceRizzle

AceRizzle Yeah I love the Strokes, you old fogies.

I guess I can't really consider this a live guest appearance, but he stated he had never heard the song before...
    Prince - While My Guitar Gently Weeps... I mean he makes his guitar disappear....Magic.

22. ellaguru

ellaguru Forum Resident

Ladies and gents...Mr. Ron Asheton

Crispy Rob likes this.
  23. NeilaElap

NeilaElap Forum Resident

Once at a Circle Jerks show at Mississippi Nights in St. Louis I saw Chuck Berry get on stage with them and do Roll Over Beethoven.

melstapler and jazz_case like this.
  24. AceRizzle

AceRizzle Yeah I love the Strokes, you old fogies.

That's SUPER odd!

phillyal1 and Efus like this.
  25. ellaguru

ellaguru Forum Resident

Chuck prob got confused by their name...

NeilaElap and AceRizzle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.