Storage Bottle for Cleaning Solution

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Zoot45, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot45

Zoot45 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I recently got an Okki Nokki RCM and it comes with a cleaning solution concentrate which needs to be mixed with 1 liter of distilled water. Anyone have a good suggestion for a storage bottle for the solution? Should it be glass vs plastic?

2. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

Well what I use is the emply windshield washer bottles that we use at the GM dealer I work at. This is a concentrate that is mixed with water. They are quart bottles that are extremely heavy duty. We throw armloads away every week. A trip to your local GM dealer may net you as many as you want for free. Have used them for 20 years effectively.

Clayton93 likes this.
  3. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Some high end fluids like Lart Du Son suggests mixes to be stored in glass for long term storage but I myself and most others just use the 50ml plastic bottle applicator that the Okki Nokki comes with to do small mixtures at a time.

I dont know what your fluid contains but a rule of thumb is always a cool place with as little light as possible, like a cellar.

4. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

I enjoyed a cold coke in a 1 liter plastic bottle.

5. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

The Okki Nokki stuff is alcohol based and doesn't need anything fancy. I'd just mix it into a plastic bottle/jug of distilled water. That's what I do with Tergitol. Only the enzyme based cleaners need special storage.

Leonthepro likes this.
  6. Dreams266

Dreams266 Forum Resident

I use a plastic ketchup bottle. The kind u see at fast food restaurants with tapered tipo

7. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I use an old red D4 Dishwasher Record Cleaning Fluid bottle. It came with my D4 Cleaning kit back in the 80’s. I’ve been refilling it with my own concoction for years.

8. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Lab Wash Bottle. I would buy the 500 ml ones and use half the bottle of concentrate. Any bigger and the bottles can be awkward. Amazon has them. It's a plastic bottle with a bent straw with a fine reduced diameter tip. You just point and squeeze. I would buy the one of the multiple bottle sets. You can use another one to hold distilled water for a follow up rinse cycle.
    I used the concentrate on my Okki Nokki. Then I just switched to DIY 20/80 Isopropyl/Distilled Water with a drop of PhotoFlo and a drop of Dawn.

9. Robert M.

Robert M. Forum Resident

Zoot,

Beer growlers work for me, but don't leave it sitting out at parties.

beer growler rays

Best regards,

Robert Martellaro

10. gov

gov Forum Resident

I use one of these:
    [​IMG]

Plus one of these:
    [​IMG]

Madlove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.