Black Panther (February 16, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Good question. We were talking about the first installment of each franchise only not the sequels.

Now that I think on it more, Panther might be better than cap and tied with the I first installment of Iron Man!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'LL ADD IT TO MY COLLECTION...

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Is it ?

4. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Yes

5. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

I saw it the other day with my 9 year old son and enjoyed it very much. I think Marvel’s been doing so many things well with the superhero movies. Perhaps there’s not too much of a stretch to say that they waited until the perfect moment to make and release this film. The world is ready for it, it seems. It sends a strong positive message out to the world.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The same old song but with a different meaning.

7. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Wow, that's amazing. I knew it would do well but that is so far ahead of any hopes they could have had.

Some joker here last year said it would flop, his comment was along the lines of 'Does anyone want a BP movie?'. I told him he was wrong but I suspect there may be other reasons why some people want a film like this to fail, along with female led Star Wars movies.

8. alexpop

Bought his own comic in the seventies, ( first appeared in the FF, 1966), was never that impressed with the comic. But the 2018 film adaptation is something else. Nice the movie is doing well and getting a lot of love.

9. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I saw it Saturday with my sons. It starts out sort of slow, but gets much better. Not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but enjoyable and worth seeing.

10. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Just goes to show you: I loved the score, and my wife, who usually hates action movies, said for once the fights were done really well because she could follow the action.

John K.

11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

My wife, of all people, really wanted to see this so we went yesterday. It was fun. I think the best part was the villain, who felt like he actually had some depth and complexity to him, and wasn't just a one-dimensional, evil guy hell-bent on destruction.

Chris DeVoe and Simon A like this.
  12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

13. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Kevin Smith getting choked up about a Marvel movie. Hard not to laugh.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Sound interesting, but who knows. Maybe it's the standout superhero movie I've been waiting for? I did like the first Spiderman. The first Ironman, and the first Thor. So maybe I should see this as it's Black Panther's first appearance. But I'm skeptical. For me at this point, to paraphrase some other Panthers, maybe the only good superhero is a dead superhero.

15. vince

The man will cry at the drop of a hat!

Ethan B likes this.
  16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Mark Kermode said the exact same thing and he doesn't tend to like Superhero films but he thought this was good.

Purple Jim likes this.
  17. alexpop

Never rated that guys critique.

18. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Too late to wish for failure! :biglaugh:

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

His first standalone movie, but not his first appearance. The character was introduced in 2016's "Captain America: Civil War". So was the current Spidey, if I remember right.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Stormrider77 likes this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

That was the joke I was coming here to post!

"Martin Freeman, who played Bilbo Baggins, and Andy Serkis, who played Gollum, are the only two major roles by white actors in Black Panther. They're the Tolkien white guys."

21. vince

Hightops likes this.
  22. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

23. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

The music in the movie was seriously horrible.

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

THIS JUST IN - BEST BUY AND TARGET ARE SELLING CDS AGAIN! BLACK PANTHER HAS SINGLE HANDEDLY SAVED THE MUSIC AND FILM INDUSTRY! But first, weather....

Berry Gordy said the same thing about "The Wiz" soundtrack.

Which I happily own on LP and blu-ray, thank you very much. :tiphat:

Is this a news article or a press release?

What about the "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack, which was also a big seller? Even on cassette!

I don't even know what this means.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    RolandG, Dr. Pepper and Dudley Morris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.