Audio Fidelity releasing Quincy Jones’ “The Dude” on SACD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by soundboy, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

Of course I meant to say: at 10 tracks it’s quite short.

2. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

Already ordered! It´s a great sounding album, and, as has been stated upstream, it sounds good on almost all formats. It´s polished, yes, but it does have soul.

Grant, Say It Right and art like this.
  3. Ai No Corrida has an amazing groove from the bass and electric guitar. Whoever played those parts did a fantastic job.

Rockstar2112, Jarleboy and auralden like this.
  4. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

NO sign of this yet? This may be the longest I have waited for a new title in the Gold Club Membership.

Londonmay1 likes this.
  5. snkcube

snkcube Forum Resident

A user in the Spirit SACD thread got an email reply from AF on February 10th regarding the delay.

Musicisthebest likes this.
  6. Yost

Importcds.com removed it from their site. :eek:

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Aiii! No Corrida... :cry:

8. Yost

The release is still listed as “Coming Soon” on the AF website, but Importcds.com just canceled my preorder because it’s reported “Out Of Stock”.

9. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Maybe someone from Quincy's camp read the last two removed threads about him.

Musicisthebest likes this.
  10. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Music Direct says avail March 30th ! Mine is on pre order at MD ..... Hope we get it soon ! ;) Looking forward to this one :)

art, Musicisthebest and ShallowMemory like this.
  11. art

art Senior Member

this still coming?

12. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

I certainly hope so. Wouldn´t mind if they threw in George Benson´s "GIVE ME THE NIGHT" while they are at it...

JDeanB likes this.
  13. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

The original CD and Vinyl sound utterly amazing - a true example of why Bruce Swedien and Bernie Grundman are the best at what they do.

Like most of the Quincy Jones and his productions during this time, A LOT is owed to Rod Temperton and Greg Phillenganes. Hopefully one day they'll get their proper due for the true amount of work they contributed.

Grant, SteveS1 and Jarleboy like this.
  14. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Music Direct now says April 27th ......

Jarleboy likes this.
  15. Ninecats

Ninecats Forum Resident

That Quincy album sounds phenomenal, I don’t have any doubt that AF will let me down here but the final question is - what is there to improve? Time will tell.

I would rather see they go back and find albums that could really need a lift, recent Rush albums for instance, since they have done Rush titles before.

JDeanB likes this.
  16. It is not listed any more on Audio Fidelity's website as "Coming Soon". There is also no menu option anymore with regards to "Upcoming Releases".

Being held up in manufacturing can mean a lot of things, doesn't necessarily mean technical manufacturing issues. Could also be related to financial requirements. Or other issues.

I am still hoping this and other new titles will come out, maybe they need just a break and selling off existing stock could be a good thing for a company. That is representing cash in stock without creating value.

For financial reasons, I don't mind having a little break in the release schedule, but I sure hope they can continue with the releases.

17. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

is AF going out of business ? :( i hope not

Londonmay1 likes this.
  18. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I think someone upthread posted an email comment from Marshall Blonstein saying that there is nothing to worry about. I do not know what is going on, but it could simply be a business reorganization. It could be pressing plant issues related to what I posted earlier about two U.S. plants closing up shop. Who knows?

19. Claus

Claus Senior Member

You got your answer!

Remember the date, I have posted that!

20. Musicisthebest

Musicisthebest Exiled Yorkshireman

The only 2 SACD pressing plants are in Austria & Japan so I doubt US plants closing will have much impact.

Let's hope AF can stay in business.

21. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

April 18 delivery from Amazon is the latest news. I ordered it in November 2017.

22. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

Arvato, formerly Sonopress, also manufactures SACD in Germany.

The 2 facilities you mentioned are owned by Sony.

bruce2 likes this.
  23. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

still says April 27th on MD .. I preordered already.. altho it has disappeared from their website ... weird

24. Londonmay1

Londonmay1 Active Member

I hope they're not going out of business! I just joined the club last year :(

25. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

More delays?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.