Indoor FM antenna that actually works

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by William Bryant, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

If you're using the coax cable that came with the Pro Bar HD 200, throw it in the garbage because it's terrible. Replace it with a length of properly shielded coax and the Pro Bar HD 200 will suddenly work a lot better. Many users of the Pro Bar HD 200 have commented that the antenna's performance improved dramatically when they replaced the stock piece of junk coax supplied in the box.

Your FT101A should bring in your classical station cleanly. The antenna connection cable may be letting you down.

William Bryant likes this.
  2. dryce

dryce Forum Resident

I’ve had good luck with the Bic FM10 Beam Box.

JNTEX likes this.
  3. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Ah, good catch!
    ...and HD Radio to boot. Yes, "best ever tested" by...Sound & Vision? OK, not a magazine that would test Magnum Dynalabs and so forth, and I don't know how "sweet" the audio circuitry is. Anyway they are like $100-300 on eBay.

4. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Audio is mediocre, analog reception is among the best. The Sony's amazing for the price. Best HD tuner of everybody's is the McIntosh MR 88 (it's even better than broadcast station HD monitor tuners performance and sound wise)

5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

So let me counter, this www.nprlabs.org/sites/.../20060216_NPRLabsFSBulletin-IndoorAntennas_MS.pdf
    is rather old, but interestingly says that cheap amplified antennas performed WORSE than unamplified. Reviews on Amazon are high for NONE of the models available. I just got some rabbit ears I'm going to try because I happened to be at Wal-mart and saw them. If they don't work I'll return them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.