Show us your CD & Vinyl Collections..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by brownsound2112, Jan 29, 2018.

1. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

This is great! Now you actually have to listen to it all...great times ahead.

2. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I've owned a few of those as well. They are top quality for sure.

3. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Most of my Bill Nelson collection. There have been a couple of releases since I took these photos :)

4. blaken123

blaken123 Your Greater Tri-County CD Superstore

Here is my current nightmare. We just moved, so all of my cds are in unorganized stacks. This is about 1/2 of the total collection I think.
    [​IMG]

5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Declan is generally well-behaved with my music collection. There was an incident a couple of years ago with MFSL Elvis Costello Goodbye Cruel World LP -- Declan gave the spine some bite marks -- but nothing since then. Gracie (our other cat) is much more of a licker, so any CD or LP sleeve left reachable to her will get licked. But I can easily manage that.

EDIT: And yes, Declan was named after Elvis Costello. So plenty to read into that!

notesofachord and DeepFloyd11 like this.
  6. Xabby

Xabby Senior Member

[​IMG]

My Santana collection

Tim 2, ccbarr, bluesky and 8 others like this.
  7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Ooops -- darn memory. It was Punch the Clock that got Declan's bite marks, not Goodbye Cruel World.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

My Zappa CDs, as shown in a storage drawer. For many of the jewel cases of my collection, I've removed and discarded the jewel cases and put them into slim flexible plastic sleeves, but for my Zappa collection I chose to keep the special green Ryko jewel cases for those titles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zappa DVD-Audio discs are separately stored, with all other DVD-Audio discs (I organize by format primarily, then by genre, then alphabetically by artist within each format+genre).

I decided not to buy the entire collection again with Universal Music, though I may pick them up as I seem them cheap/used.

This Zappa poster greets our guests in the bathroom when they sit on the throne and look up:
    [​IMG]

Here is my Zappa vinyl LP collection. Most of it I got in the late 90s, and haven't really added to it since then, but I got some good ones back in the day:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    barfko, Mylene, ccbarr and 12 others like this.
  9. DeepFloyd11

DeepFloyd11 Lady Eclectic

My husband is a BeBop Deluxe fan and has all of their albums on vinyl. He has also several by Bill Nelson.

Here's one that's not so common these days. Has it ever been released on CD?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors

Elf on a shelf vs .....

11. DeepFloyd11

DeepFloyd11 Lady Eclectic

My husband is a BeBop Deluxe fan and has all of their albums on vinyl. He has also several by Bill Nelson.

Here's one that not so common to find. Has it ever been released on CD?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Ooh, baaaaaad kitty! Still, I hope you didn't have Declan declawed! Otherwise he'd just be Pads & Paws! :shh:

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

According to Discogs Cherry Red did a CD version in 2013.

Bill Nelson - Northern Dream

14. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

Yes. It has been remastered and re-released on Cherry Red Records, Bill has also released A New Northern Dream. A sequel

[​IMG]

'New Northern Dream' is a sequel to 'Northern Dream,' the album I recorded in 1970 and released independently in 1971. It brings a new perspective to the album's concept with totally new songs but also some direct references to material on the original album. It's a fusion of my early '70s style with my more current sounds. The album has an 8-page booklet with some photographs by Martin Bostock reproducing some of the original album's settings.

HughMacpherson and DeepFloyd11 like this.
  15. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Some nice photos. Here’s part of my collection in my smaller 2ch listening space:

[​IMG]

16. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Can’t see anything Clance....just [ IMG] .
    Anyone else see an image?

17. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Great pics!

What's the preferred pic hosting service now days? I used to have a Photobucket account, but they suddenly started to hold my pics behind a ransom, so I deleted that account.. any general consensus on what's the preferred ones at the moment?

18. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

I use Imgur , and I find it far and away the best one for just posting images one-off so to speak (I don't have an account). Worth checking out. :)

M2225 likes this.
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Damn, I never know what I’m doing w photos.

I can see it in the post on my end? Weird. I uploaded to Flickr, then downloaded & copied the link into the the photo icon field.

If OP would kindly delete if no one can see, I’d appreciate it.

Apologies. But, I have no confidence that after this many years that I’m going to get better posting photos here. Ha

20. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

Too big of a collection for me to post pics here so here's an album link: Imgur

TauRush likes this.
  21. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

Always loved that spine design.

22. Xabby

Xabby Senior Member

[​IMG]

My collection of Brand X

Runicen and DeepFloyd11 like this.
  23. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I use Flickr too. Just grab the BB code and paste the whole thing here. Don’t use the image icon box in the tool bar up above. Just copy and paste here.

[​IMG]Records (partial). Custom maple storage. by jon9091, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Xabby, Mowgli, Runicen and 4 others like this.
  24. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Front of room IKEA units hold A - R
    [​IMG]

Right side units have remainder of LPs and box sets.
    [​IMG]

Shelf on left side of room has CDs. There's also a collection CDs upstairs containing seldom played items and titles that duplicate LPs.
    [​IMG]

ccbarr, Xabby, Mowgli and 5 others like this.
  25. y531ly5

y531ly5 Forum Resident

Mine, (only U2 related for the moment)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]