The Doors Live at Isle of Wight 1970, to be released in 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spyder52, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

2. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yea...I just saw it at my local record store. $19.99 plus tax, for the DVD edition, with bare bones packaging, and no booklet. I passed. It's not even a matter of funds for me. I just hate being fleeced for such an inferior product. Oh well...maybe some day down the road, when it shows up in the used, bargain bin, which it invariably will.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

:laugh:
    Not inclined much past 140 characters?!?

4. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Sounds like BS propaganda. Like a twenty documentary will compensate for all the foibles. They didn't even include the Morrison interview, so it's already flawed, and I'm sure poorly produced. I don't recall anybody on here, including Pats, extolling the virtues of this little documentary, so I'm sure they're just blowing smoke again.

Buda, Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  5. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

No, it was the silliness of the idea that the bonus featurette somehow makes all the flaws in the main program moot.

6. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Hey man, do you think rights to the rarely seen "motorcycle guy" footage came cheaply?

Cokelike- and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

It was worth every penny to hear him revving up during the "Roadhouse Blues" intro.

Buda, Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Any fan reviews of the 17 minute bonus interview split between 5 guys who were there at the time, 2 now deceased.

9. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

Enjoyed your review. Can you confirm if there is any footage on the DVD of The Doors back stage -- either before or after the concert?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I know...what ambiance it creates!!!
    I felt like I was in Patrick Swayze's "Roadhouse"!!!

11. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i have multiple cd/dvd sets with 2 different track listings on the back

superstar19, rnranimal and reb like this.
  12. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Wow...what will they think of next!

13. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

The difference in drums was readily apparent during my comparisons. I'm not sure why they felt compelled to use samples. It's not like the drum tracks were missing, as far as we know. It seems to be simply fixing a problem that wasn't there to begin with.

rnranimal and Shawn like this.
  14. The funniest moment of this thread is Pat's Radio claiming the CD also had to be presented out of order because two tracklistings couldn't be done :laugh::laugh::laugh:

15. monkboughtlunch

More Cowbell.

More Tom-Tom.

And More Motorcycle.

16. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Sorry to disappoint you, but word has it that Rob Halford was brought into the studio to overdub and beef that up a bit.....

Judge Judy and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. That motorcycle growl is so good, I felt like I was Patrick Swayze! Break on through and all that...

Matthew Tate and Darrin L. like this.
  18. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

"Keep you eyes on the road,
    Your hands upon the...err...ahhh....handle bars"

19. monkboughtlunch

NOS300B, Lhystrix, Efus and 2 others like this.
  20. Facemelterz

Facemelterz Forum Resident

Unfortunately, there is no footage of the band backstage. The closest you get is seeing them leave the stage rather awkwardly without really acknowledging the applause - Ray does give a little wave as he leaves.

On a semi-related note, the bonus featurette is okay - they interview Krieger, Densmore, and Bill Siddons (with some archive footage from Ray - looks to be from the same interview as "The Soundstage Performances" DVD). They spend some time re-hashing Miami - nothing we haven't heard before. There are some good nuggets when they talk about the IOW performance - Siddons talks a bit about the lighting situation (he had to run one of the spotlights!) - and Desnmore and Krieger are pretty candid about their performance. You get to see Robby play a bit of "The End" on acoustic guitar, which is cool.

21. SickAgain

SickAgain Active Member

Why buy it when you can download it for free? It's already available if you know where to look and that's what this God awful garbage release deserves.

22. twotime

twotime New Member

Picked this release up at Sunrise Records in Ontario Canada. Listened to the CD in the car on the ride home, and just finished watching the Bluray. The sequencing immediately struck me as odd on the cd but makes sense in the context of the movie. This is a great accompaniment to 'Palace of Exile'. I'm a huge fan and enjoyed it for what it is.

23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i have 5 cd/dvd combos, 4 from eagle vision or whatever its called, with 2 different track listings printed on the back

24. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

25. joshm2286

joshm2286 Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to seeing the concert on blu ray. I'll be picking up just the stand alone blu ray.

marklamb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.