The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017-2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stan94, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullis

Bullis Forum Resident

Not if their playing the same tunes, thank you fan since 65

Matthew Tate and duggan like this.
  2. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Thems that pays makes their cherse. I wonder if people who went to see Sinatra in his later years complained that he didn’t perform enough new tunes. Or Howlin’ Wolf. Or pick another analogue. Of course they didn’t have the Internet then to sit home reading set lists.

vinyldreams and MRamble like this.
  3. bols59

bols59 Forum Resident

Well, heah ah go wit my Stones smidge... I was up front Seattle 75. One of the better shows from that very uneven tour. My boyfriend and I went to see them at the first Seattle show in 1981. While I was never bored and always interested, it was 6 years + many boots later. I could hear the arrangements in my head before they played them.
    On the way to the car afterwards, my boyfriend was out of his head with excitement, telling me all the things he saw Mick do during the show. My point here is they have an effect on you the first time you see them.

4. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

The probable dates and venues are up at iorr.org (does any other fan site preempt a band's tour announcements with such accuracy for so many years, btw?).

The Rolling Stones No Stopping UK/Europe Tour 2018

"No Stopping" posters are up in many of the chosen cities. Official announcement likely next week.

It seems it will begin in Dublin on May 17 and wrap in Warsaw on July 7 with a heavy focus on the British Isles. Likely stops include London, Manchester, Edinburgh Southampton, Berlin (yet again), Stuttgart, Prague and Marseille. Cardiff and Birmingham may or may not be in the mix.

Who's raiding their kids' piggy banks and going?

5. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

.....and feed them only beans and toast between now and the show, knowing the Stones prices.

melstapler and smoke like this.
  6. I just pop my seeing eye dog blanket over me and I slip straight through for free. I hope they sing 'Bitch'.

7. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

8. tonesforchris

tonesforchris Forum Resident

I'm hoping to attend one of the concerts, The Rolling Stones are putting on great shows, I love the Sweet Summer Sun DVD of their Hyde Park concert a few years back.

9. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

The tour will be officially announced on Monday morning (9 a.m. local time or so). Edinburgh set for June 9.

10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I’ve been reading different things as well regarding the tour, looks like Old Trafford Manchester is going to be confirmed as well which is the closest to me.

I fancy a trip to Edinburgh, that would be a great venue to see the boys. Looking forward to all the info tomorrow.

MikaelaArsenault, Sean and aphexj like this.
  11. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Not the best stadium for sound or atmosphere.......but beggars can't be choosers et al....

MikaelaArsenault and Carl80 like this.
  12. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

It will be curious to see what happens with the Dublin gig. The venue, Croke Park, only has a license for three concerts a year. Three concerts have already been announced for the venue and the promoters have made a special application to the courts for a fourth show, which is the Stones show. That licence hasn’t been granted yet.

A few years back the same promoter tried to have five nights of Garth Brooks in the same stadium and the local residents objected with the end result is that all five sold-out shows were cancelled. So it’s by no means a given that that date is free for the Rolling Stones in Dublin.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  13. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Dublin -> The Stones will pay everyone off, as they always do, and will then be "reimbursed" by the fans.

14. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Crazy. The Stones should have a permanent and lifetime licence to play wherever they want. :D

15. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I'll be in Manchester on June 5th........but for Patti Smith. (Wish the Stones date was one day later)

Good thing I got my hotel room before the Rolling Stones show is announced and room prices skyrocket.

16. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

Thinking about Prague...but damn I just saw them couple months ago at Spielberg...not sure if it's worth it :( But it's The Stones...damn

17. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident

I like the splash of green in the new tour logo...

[​IMG]

18. Larry Seinfeld

Larry Seinfeld Forum Resident

I would love to go , but I don't own an oil company.

19. 81531

81531 Forum Resident

Yay. Another band on tour again that rips of their fans with way to overpriced tickets.

20. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Sean likes this.
  21. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

They haven't played New York in 5 years. WTF?

22. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

Just keep playing, boys. Never, ever stop. I love this.

23. Sean

Sean Senior Member

+1

melstapler and mr._mojo_filter like this.
  24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I skied with my 9 year old daughter and 84 year old father last weekend. I'm 59 and have skied with my dad since I was 5, so that would be 54 years.

On the way home, my dad said "you know, today was the first time it dawned on me that one of these times will be my last time skiing."

Sometimes I think it will be that way with the Stones. They will keep playing live shows until they simply can't. They won't have a pre-conceived "last" show. It will just turn out that way in retrospect.

entropyfan, rbp, Yankeefan01 and 7 others like this.
  25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Yep. Most major US cities haven’t seen them in a while. The 2015 US tour was concentrated on cities they hadn’t played in a long time, like Buffalo. Maybe they’ll do the US in July-August.

footlooseman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.