What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

Gigli

Jennifer Lopez Ben Affleck

Lightworker likes this.
  2. I see Glen or Glenda as one of the major, if inadvertent, films of surrealist/Dada cinema. It's so bad it circles past good, comes back to bad, and then heads off into another dimension. :)

Lightworker likes this.
  3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Probably, though it's brilliant, Eraserhead. That's worst in the sense of invoking dread.

4. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band starring Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees.

Dishonorable mention: Gone Fishin' starring Joe Pesci and Danny Glover.

5. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I nominate this:

6. Checkmate, a no-budget and direct-to-video mistake starring Danny Glover, Sean Astin and Vinnie Jones. Easily the worst movie I've seen with recognizable Hollywood talent in the cast.

Checkmate Review - DoBlu.com

The surreal script must have been cobbled together from improvised ad-libbing by its cast. Nothing else makes sense.

7. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny

8. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

I don't know and I hope I never see it. :p

9. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

The podcast WE HATE MOVIES is currently doing a summer series about the Michael Bay Transformers movies, and it's the best work they have done. They are spot on with how awful these movies are, and I am laughing laughing laughing.

Also, the second Transformers movie is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in the cinema. I had blocked it out until their episode about it.

yesstiles and Thatfabulousalien like this.
  10. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

Just my opinion, but I think Eraserhead is one of the great movies, it is very weird, but has its own internal logic, and the "eraserhead" sequence up to the point where he wakes back up, is one of the scariest ever imho.
    I do realize that Eraserhead is very decisive, some love it and some hate it.
    Linch constantly frustrates your expectations, intentionally, especially in the timing of shots, and it gives Eraserhead a very weird feel, but it works.
    One of the few movies where you enter a totally different world, not particularly one that you would want to stay in though.
    The soundtrack is near perfect..
    He didn't make the film to make you feel comfortable...

LeBon Bush and Lightworker like this.
  11. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

I've seen so many incredibly horrible films I wouldn't know where to even start. Especially because each one that seemed the worst film ever, I would do my very best to try and never think of it again.

Lightworker likes this.
  12. Jama

Jama Forum Resident

I really, really love this film. Just got the blu-ray and am very happy with it :)

13. Not including the many MST3K movies I've seen, I'd go with Prelude to a Kiss

14. Jama

Jama Forum Resident

those mst3k movies are pure art

Uncle Meat likes this.
  15. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

The only thing keeping Kiss's "Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park" from this distinction is how hilarious it is in it's putridness.

16. qm1ceveb

qm1ceveb Forum fanatic

The family stone and the U.S. version of Death at a funeral.

Lightworker likes this.
  17. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I recently watched Very Bad Things with Jeremy Piven and Cameron Diaz. It was awful. No wonder I’d never heard of it even though it’s been around since 1998. Christian Slater is in it too, basically reprising his role as the persuasive psychopath from Heathers. The movie should have been called Very Dumb Men.

Beamish13 likes this.
  18. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I once characterized this film as Very Sick Things. I was particularly disturbed by the nasty, anti-female sexism. I almost laughed when they're sorting out the body parts for proper burials but after what came before I couldn't.

I have it in for Battlefield Earth because for a movie that had huge expenditures for it's making, it still came out terrible. I suspect the Transformer movies should qualify for due consideration for the same reason. I, however, have yet to watch any of 'em all the way through.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  19. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I saw that in the theatre when it came out. Now I hate you for reminding me of its existence.

20. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Ha ha, sorry about that. :p

93curr likes this.
  21. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

Monster a Go-Go is easily the worst I've seen. There's not one good thing I can say about it, and no, I haven't watched the MST3K version yet.

22. HippieDrill

HippieDrill Forum Resident

As far as big budget films with big stars go you really can’t beat Battlefield Earth. If’s astonishingly bad given the amount of budget, resources, etc. that went int making the film.

I would also say Requiem for a Dream but to be fair is wasn’t really a bad movie I just personally hated it.

But as far as real worst movie goes I’d have to say Night of Horror (1981). It’s bad even by bad low budget independent horror film standards. Everything about from the sound, the acting, the lighting, to the dialog, story, pacing, etc. are all unbelievably inept and terrible. It feels more like a homemade film that a few bad film students made over a weekend. It’s amazing it ever got distributed on any level.

It’s actually worth watching just to see how bad a movie really can be.

23. HippieDrill

HippieDrill Forum Resident

Freejack wasn't so bad. More ridiculous than bad but for me it was still entertaining.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  24. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

So I've got the Pluto Channel on Roku.

Just above the listing for the News Channels, it listed a Movie playing on some channel as "War of the Worlds". I thought it would be either the 1953 one or the 2005 Tom Cruise one.

But it was neither. The acting was sub-par, the dialogue, was sub-par, the sound editing was sub-par. Looks like the emphasis on this film was the costumes and the outdoor props from the alien's destruction. It was painful to watch from a movie goer's perspective alone.

I watched the horrible thing for about 10 minutes. It was a TV series that ran from 1988-1990. A horrid sequel to the 1953 film. Of course, it was picked up in syndication by the ultimate purveyor of such tripe, The Sci-Fi Channel.

War of the Worlds (TV series) - Wikipedia

So let's see what the BBC can do with a three-part series based on H.G. Wells’ novel The War of the Worlds. The show is scheduled to go into production next spring, and it appears that, unlike most modern adaptations, it will be set in the Victorian era.

The production begins this Spring. Bty, HG Wells 1897 book has now entered the Public Domain.

BBC is making a Victorian-era War of the Worlds TV series

25. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I tried to watch the Tom Cruise Mummy movie but I simply couldn't get through it. Amazing that a movie that is one action set piece after another can be so stultifyingly dull. Poor Tom. All he seems to do these days is make crappy movies, then try to redeem himself with another Mission Impossible flick. I guess as long as those keep pulling in millions, he is safe. He is getting a little old to be crawling up the sides of buildings though. It happens to all of us. :uhhuh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.