Poll: "Billion Dollar Babies" album by Alice Cooper in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mountain Cowboy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain Cowboy

Mountain Cowboy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Do you own Billion Dollar Babies - the big Alice Cooper classic from the 70's?
    Besides this album what do you own out of the Alice Cooper albums discography?

How many copies of 'Babies' do you have now? And in which format?
    How many copies of this album have you owned over the years? And in which format?

John Bliss and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
  2. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

I voted all essentail BUT I only consider Alice Cooper the original band as Essential.

3. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

"All officially recorded and released Alice Cooper"

Alice is pretty high on my favorite artists list.

4. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

I have the LP and the Audio Fidelity CD and most of the other good stuff.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  5. The Lone Cadaver

The Lone Cadaver Bass & Keys Cadaver

I have everything from Pretties up to Dirty Diamonds, but I really only listen to the original band stuff along with the Goes to Hell album. I bought the deluxe edition CD with the live concert (which is why I wanted it in the first place) when it was released and gave away the old one. I bought the original LP when it was released, too. Long gone.

6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I was just listening to this album yesterday for the first time in over a year. Good stuff.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  7. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I have love it to death through to zipper catches skin. I love that early band stuff, but i thought that the solo years produced diamonds also. Lost touch with him in the mid eighties i guess. I was going to get last temptation and brutal planet, but i just never got around to it.

junk likes this.
  8. Scooter59

Scooter59 Forum Resident

I skip the era from Constrictor through Brutal Planet, but pretty much everything else. The last couple have been a refreshing return to form (Ezrinish).

John Bliss likes this.
  9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I like this album a lot. It's one of my Dad's favourite albums and I've grown up hearing it. No bad tracks at all but my favourite has always been the superb Generation Landslide.

By Alice Cooper I have:

Love It To Death (early Warners green label UK pressing)
    Killer (original UK pressing with attached 1972 calendar)
    School's Out (original UK pressing, sadly without the panties inner!)
    Billion Dollar Babies (original UK pressing - complete with dollar bill and all cards still attached)
    Muscle of Love (original US pressing complete in box)

A fantastic run of albums. Great band.

10. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

Billion Dollar Babies is my favourite Alice Cooper album. I've got an original 1973 UK vinyl pressing with all the goodies, the Rhino 2CD and the Audio Fidelity SACD. Other Alice Cooper releases in my collection? On vinyl, I've only got School's Out (with panties!) and Greatest Hits (1974) but I've got all the Audio Fidelity CDs and also The Life and Crimes of... 4CD comp.

patel kismet and Man at C&A like this.
  11. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I've got this '71 ~ 74 run all on first or early WB:

Love It To Death
    Killer
    School's Out
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Greatest Hits

Love 'em all, but I'd have to say Killer is my favourite.

12. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I have Billion Dollar Babies and some of his other CDs, which I just bought a couple months ago. The only Alice Cooper albums I've ever owned.

13. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Probably mine too, the other one my Dad played a lot.

14. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

All essential music by Alice Cooper, but I mean the band. So to me that's Love It to Death thru Babies

geo50000, junk and Man at C&A like this.
  15. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

I picked up the DVD audio version recently, what a great version of a great album!!

geodos and art like this.
  16. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

Never really been into or knew much about A.C. (the man or band) except Friday the 13th soundtrack and he was a big golfer in Arizona, radio host, and Christian. Recently found used, worn, $1 copies of Love It To Death, Schools Out, Killer, Billion Dollar Babies & Greatest Hits. Babies really caught my ear on first listen, transferred to cd & phone, and have really gotten into it. I think I've listened to the others perhaps only once or twice.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

A great pile of cheap albums. Good work!

eyeCalypso likes this.
  18. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I voted 'All Essential'. Basically everything up until 'Goes to Hell' and most of what came after 'On The Inside' until 'Constrictor'.

19. SonicBob

SonicBob Forum Resident

I own the Rhino 2 Disc remastered edition from 2001 and I'll save the trouble and list titles I DON'T own:

The Alice Cooper Show
    Constrictor
    Raise Your Fist and Yell
    Trash
    Hey Stoopid
    A Fistful of Alice
    The Eyes of Alice Cooper
    Dirty Diamonds
    Live at Montreux 2005
    Theatre of Death- Hammersmith- 2009
    No More Mr. Nice Guy Live- 2012
    Raise the Dead: Live at Wacken- 2014

20. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

I’m an anal completist, so I have everything.

Terrapin Station likes this.
  21. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Killer (WB Germany CD), School's Out (AF CD), Billion Dollar Babies (DVD-A and AF SACD), Welcome To My Nightmare (DVD-A) and Love It To Death (AF CD).

klockwerk likes this.
  22. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Yes!

I have two on vinyl, an original 1973 copy and even have the gorgeous (is that the right word to use for anything Alice?) Rhino release released as part of the Rocktober series. I also have the deluxe digipak-style CD with the bonus concert CD and a mini-sleeve version from the Alice catalogue box.

I responded "yes" to "all officially released Alice Cooper albums" (perhaps incorrectly), but my mind always automatically takes that to mean the band. Solo Alice is really a whole other fun but less "essential" venture in my view. :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  23. Minstrel Boy

Minstrel Boy Forum Resident

LP (still have the Billion Dollar bill) and CD. Not my favourite, but my last favourite Alice Cooper album.

Yeah, only the Alice Cooper Band is Alice Cooper to me.

klockwerk likes this.
  24. Alf.

Alf. Forum Resident

Alice Cooper have/has been my favourite band/artist, since I first stumbled across them in a Sounds music mag (Detroit special) article, Summer 1971.

I have all the 15 Warner Brothers studio albums, plus half a dozen later studio efforts (I'm much more objective/critical re his post '86 records); a handful of live albums; couple of greatest hits; Super Duper deluxe set; a few DVDs.

Bought BDB the day it was released. Got the original vinyl; 2002 deluxe remaster; single CD, as part of 1969-'83 box set. Also have the Good To See You Again DVD, which contains live footage of the 1973 BDB tour.

It's a vital part of the band's Ezrin-produced quintessential quartet; although the album ranks 4th in my Alice top ten.

Final album song, I Love The Dead, is my all-time favourite Cooper track.

25. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I’ve got this on CD and Killer on vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.