Survivor: Ghost Island

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rjp, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

they're just jockeying for position. it'll get better after the merge.

2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

That was a satisfying outcome. Now we won't have to hear Chris's smug azz until the season finale.

stuwee and rburly like this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

glad chris is gone.

still find this season very very uneventful.

4. GlamorProfession

fun episode last night. Chris is another in a long line of players whose arrogance outkicked their common sense.

5. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

Last night's episode really demonstrated how much must go on that we (the viewers) never see.

Chris was taken, by boat, at night! -- to Ghost Island and returned without -- apparently -- any other of the 13 other players being aware.

How was this set up? Where was the rendezvous site? What was the time?

This all had to be communicated between Chris and the producers.

I usually suspend my scrutiny of the practical production factors and just try to enjoy the show for it's -- usually -- pretty high entertainment value. However, the clandestine, middle-of-the night, secret boat journey pushed my limits.

6. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Their camps usually aren't that far away from the beach. There is nothing but silence and maybe faint animal or wind noises in a secluded jungle presumably. Wouldn't a boat motor be very obvious even if it wasn't turned on until they had left the shore area? No one is startled by a sound like that? No one rustles around for 2 or 3 hours while he's gone to notice the absence? So glad he squandered the opportunity, but bummed out we are still stuck with him for jury.

anthontherun and Jacline like this.
  7. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Much better episode, the dynamics and personality clashes were interesting at least. Couldn't stand Chris so I was glad to see him go. The show did the "maybe its gonna be Libby" thing in order to make it more suspenseful - by doing that talking head interview with what's-her-face to throw us off - and I hate when they do that, but I was pleased with the outcome.

8. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

They edit it that way before almost every tribal counsel. Chris was voted out in practically a landslide (I think it was 10- 2?). But, honestly, how interesting would it be if the viewer knew how uneven the vote would be.

I'm somewhat critical about the way the show's edited but I think the manipulation they exercise when editing the lead-up to the votes -- especially ones that are not even close -- serves a purpose: suspense.

9. GlamorProfession

ironic that if Chris hadn't won the extension on his immunity idol, he would've been forced to use it and survived.

rburly likes this.
  10. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

I'm glad Chris was voted out. Couldn't stand him or his lame attempt at rapping.

11. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Good call by Michael reluctantly playing his idol. And Libby is the second juror. Any thoughts on the “new” extended Tribal Council?

I had been hoping, based on previews of the show, that the (thank god) old native food eating contest would have been before the fond reward. But it worked out better with whatshername downing those sea slugs like a champ. It as funny!

stuwee likes this.
  12. Nightfly68

That "food" was just nasty and would gag a maggot. I was wanting Wendell to play his idol because he narrowly missed being voted out. He got lucky on that one.

13. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I would strongly suggest you do not watch his Ponderosa episode. If only someone had warned me...

Nightfly68 likes this.
  14. rjp

i am still trying to figure out how it was 'extended"

i liked libby, one of the few this season that actually had some individuality.

still no clear favorite though.

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

Yes, Libby was easy on the eyes. After the eating immunity challenge, they came back and I looked at the clock and they had 20 minutes of TC. I think we’ve commented on Probst’s constant commentary and questioning. It's a longer time at TC afaik. There’s no one who I’m rooting for right now either.

16. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Depends on how they are running. Wide open, you can hear a boat, either the water from a bouncing hull and/or the outboard, depending on the boat's direction of travel and the wind, plain as day from a good mile away or more. A mile isn't far by line of site or ear across the water.
    If they want to idle it then the hull bouncing on the waves will be quieter and the motor can be pretty quiet but they should both be heard from a 50 yards on a calm night.
    At an idle, it will take them an hour to move 3 miles. Doubt they would waste the time to do that.

17. rburly

Just a canoe-type craft was what we saw dropping (did we see him launch?) him off, I would imagine somewhere away from the camp. It was hard to believe people wouldn't be suspicious of someone walking away from camp. Maybe they thought he was going to relieve himself.

18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

There doesn't seem like much is happening anymore for us to get to know the players. The reward challenge, immunity challenge & tribal council seems to take up most of the episode. There is very little of camp life anymore. Just Probst doing lots of yelling & asking endless questions.

anthontherun, trem two and rburly like this.
  19. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Michael has been a very impressive player to be so young. He has my vote for who I want to win right now.

rburly likes this.
  20. GlamorProfession

sorry to see Libby go. i think the other ladies were jealous of her as they were the ones that voted her out. oh well.

21. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

They were...She was "Eye Candy"....They are :hurl:

I'm rooting for Michael...but he better win Immunity from here on out or find another Idol.

22. Nightfly68

Donathan was cracking me up last night when he was looking for the idol.

23. rjp

donathan is beginning to very much remind me of sandra in 'heroes vs. villians'. he does absolutely nothing, everyone knows he should be out and they all assume he will get voted out sooner or later, but................they better be careful, he could just sneak into the final 3 and end shocking everyone.

IMHO, sandra is the worst survivior winner of all time...and she did it twice...and did absolutely nothing both times. absolutely nothing.

as much as i dislike russell hantz, he should have won 'heroes', he was brilliant in that season, but she beat him because no one wanted him to win, NOT because they wanted her to win.

Scotian and applebonkerz like this.
  24. John54

John54 Senior Member

If no one wanted him to win, then he didn't play a very good game, did he? You can't win without jury votes.

Russell does deserve credit for being the first player to find hidden immunity idols without first obtaining a clue, deducing that they were out there.

As for Sandra, her idea was to sit back and then go along with the crowd when someone's name came up to be voted out, provided it wasn't hers obviously. Apparently that's a winning strategy ...

anthontherun likes this.
  25. rjp

no one wanted russell to win because he was an evil prick, but there is absolutely no denying that he was brilliant, every time he played.

sandra, on the other hand, won both times simply because she was the lesser of 3 evils. she had no game whatsoever, none, zero, zilch. she sat back, did nothing, pissed no one off, and rode the wave to the end. donathon is playing exactly like her (other than finding the immunity idol, which he only looked for because someone else, stupidly, asked him to)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.