Pink Floyd RSD 2018 (mono Piper)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

That was a mistake. Some genius copied the track listing off a bootleg CD that included those bonus tracks.

2. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

HELL NO.

3. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

This is simply awkward...!!!
    I hope they will release all the early singles as an LP soon.

AlienRendel likes this.
  4. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

Pink Floyd
    6 mins ·
    Tomorrow sees the 11th anniversary of Record Store Day, and independent record stores will be selling limited run items, specifically created for the event. Amongst the releases is a special 180g vinyl release of the mono edition of Pink Floyd's 1967 debut The Piper At The Gates of Dawn. All RSD releases are limited to one per customer, only available to those who go to participating stores, and while stocks last.

This is funny ;)

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yes.

But for the umpteenth time, the special slipcase could be claimed as the exclusive - with a non-slipcase version available at some later date. Given the slipcase is simply an additional cover for the normal LP and outer sleeve, I’d venture this is likely. But for obvious reasons, there has been no announcement either way.

6. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

It’s Great realese. Great sound, I can compare to new stereo piper, and mono is excellent and packaging is awesome

7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I can't believe that some people here already have copies of that. RSD is tomorrow!!

8. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Well, if I owned or worked at a record store, i'd be all over the releases i want too!

plynthe and rontoon like this.
  9. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I do appreciate folks providing their opinions on the sound quality before release, but comparing against the stereo reissue doesn't provide a baseline against an original (other than they didn't totally screw it up). The stereo reissue sounds very different to me from a stereo release using original stampers. I realize that very few people have a mono original to compare against, but that comparison is what would get me in line for tomorrow morning.

Kalli and rontoon like this.
  10. sathvyre

I will do a comparison between the 2006 bootleg LP and the new RSD release in the next days.

11. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

All releases of RSD have come to shops a few days ago. Already today some shops have begun sale of these records.

12. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

Just had news regarding the official UK sale price for this: £35

This is genuine (and does not include any additional 'mark up' by unscrupulous dealers). - I'm still in but ouch..!

13. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

They arrived Wednesday some folks got lucky

14. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

I can tell you that you're better with out it. The thing is a fold out, you can't slip it in. So you either keep it out the foldout jacket and preserve the shrink or you have to tear the shrink and unfold the jacket every time and then pull the record out of the jacket to spin it.

15. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

really you came here to brag now? are you lonely and bored?

16. My local stores abide by the one per customer rule.. now you can also go back later if something is still available

17. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

And that is the way it should be, IMO. At least on RSD itself. The leftovers are of course a different matter.

The Ole' Rocker and AlienRendel like this.
  18. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I was just listening to my mono box set disc of Piper and it sounds pretty good to my ears. I am not quite sure if I need to go out and get this. If I want to blow $25.00 or whatever just to say I have a copy, I suppose it's OK. We'll See?

19. Halfwit

Halfwit Forum Resident

Hope you slip on a banana skin and drop it.

20. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

The hype sticker says "Limited Edition Package" nothing about limited edition pressing.....

Norco74, andrewskyDE and Rekkerds like this.
  21. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

I'm waiting for comparisons between 2007 digital reissue on deluxe and new RSD.

22. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Whoa, so much hate around a vinyl record, people are strange indeed. Even more strange not to realize that everyone willing to get it will get it eventually.

Norco74, Colocally, SAMAUL and 5 others like this.
  23. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I would have a pre-release sale for invited regular trusted customers before all the eBay and once a year buyers get in..

rontoon likes this.
  24. sathvyre

A thread full of envy and distrust...and all for a piece of plastic with printed cardboard around it. It's a strange world...

25. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Tnx man:righton: you are such a MAN!

yarbles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.