Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

2. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I've got this one, it's great. Reminds me of old school Nuclear Assault. That's my fave song on it as well.

It's 4/20!!!!!

[​IMG]

Dreadnought likes this.
  3. Dreadnought

That is hilarious! :biglaugh: Is it from a comedy show? Looks like a Monty Python sketch. Well the stuff goes legal up here this summer and I expect the local news to be very entertaining. Lots of confusion and a general societal buzz in the air. There's bound to be lots of personal misadventures due to inexperience and the strength of it now. Especially edibles. Once it's down the hatch look out. Two of our cops found that out a few months ago. They got wasted on duty and called for back-up! One was found up a tree. Lol :D
    Toronto cops radio for backup after allegedly consuming pot edibles: police sources
    This would have been a dream come true when we were kids. Instead of the single mission of standing outside the store asking "hi mister, can you buy us some beer" there'd have been a double mission. Oh the tension and adventure of getting that 24 back to our wooded sanctuary without being spotted by the cops. Good times. :cool:

lenny nero likes this.
  4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

stay crunchy likes this.
  5. lenny nero

I believe it's from the 80's brit show The Young Ones, I could be mistaken though, the longhair taking flight looks a lot like the Neil character on it. MTV used to air it on Sunday nights back in the day. I remember seeing Motorhead perform on it!

Dreadnought likes this.
  6. Dreadnought

:righton: I've seen a few episodes of that but just a few and quite a long time ago.

Clicking, clicking, clicking on links and involuntarily saying in my head "heard it before, heard it, heard it, heard it" while Deuce's wily words exist in the back of my head as being true.
    But I do find something that although not fresh in any way is satisfying and comfortable. I will buy this April 27. I especially like the last track.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    lenny nero likes this.
  7. Dreadnought

At 33 minutes this 2016 album is a compact slab of solid Death. By solid I means it hits me just right.

lenny nero likes this.
  8. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Well-Known Member

I'm more of a classic rock, and metal, and thrash guy...but I do own Sepultura 'Schizophrenia' and 'Arise'. Death 'Scream Bloody Gore' and 'Leprosy'. Need to pickup a copy of 'Beneath The Remains'.

9. lenny nero

That's some good stuff! Gonna hafta hunt down some more of their stuff. I also like the retro rock band Graveyard as well!

Beneath is great. Those are the only 2 Sepultura that I have, I checked out when they starting doing the tribal stuff.

Dreadnought likes this.
  10. lenny nero

Khemmis have a new one coming 6/22. First track sounds more rockin and uptempo than their past stuff.

Desolation, by Khemmis

Great cover too!

[​IMG]

mmthmj, 100423 and Dreadnought like this.
  11. Dreadnought

That's some galloping goodness! :cool: And you're right about the cover. My brain is loaded with superior images because I read this whole page on and off over a few days. I'm not a comics guy (I own nothing) yet I know that world exists and anytime I do look in that section at a bookstore...where do you start man?! I always leave empty handed. :laugh: Anyone with any interest in the arts should browse through it. The 100 Most Influential Pages in Comic Book History

I was happy to see this announcement from Horrendous: "We are very pleased to announce that the mixing and mastering of our new album is now complete. The record was recorded, mixed, and mastered by our very own Damian Herring at his Subterranean Watchtower Studios. We will reveal more details when the time is right..."
    Album of the year right there! I don't even need to hear it! :p

I was listening to my beloved DSKNT PhSPHR Entropy, by DSKNT and wishing I could find more of this particular style. I don't know what to call it. Apocalyptic Groove Metal? Then listened to these guys who put out the two song debut EP last October. Not so apocalyptic but it has grrrrrroove and that vocal! I love the way it comes in so low key and matter-of-fact, almost spoken word. As an aside I'm listening to this as wifey watches a Pacific Rim movie and I want these deep voiced vocalists to bestride buildings in a video.

So I've had my bloodhounds hunting for similar bands of the deep vocal and grrrrroove. Names I'm dealing with so far are Svartidauði, Ulsect, Creeping, Morbosidad, Marthyrium, Ascension, Dodecahedron, Mortuus Umbra. I'll report back.

Go Leafs Go! :help:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    lenny nero likes this.
  12. Killing Machine

[QUOTE="Beneath is great. Those are the only 2 Sepultura that I have, I checked out when they starting doing the tribal stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I love Schizophrenia and Arise. The first three tracks on Arise are incredible.

I had Beneath the Remains on CD before, but it got stolen.

Saw them in concert in Phoenix, AZ in 1991. The lineup was Sepultura/Sacred Reich/Napalm Death/Sick Of It All. I have the original flyer will try to post pic. Great concert.

13. Dreadnought

The only one I stuck with was Mortuus Umbra and their narrative driven psychodramas of which maybe it's good I don't understand what is being said.

lenny nero likes this.
  14. Dreadnought

lenny nero likes this.
  15. Dreadnought

Not that this is such a great song but my little friend is just so into it. :laugh:

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  16. Dreadnought

100423 and fuzzface like this.
  17. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Thanks, Mike! Pumped. Less than two weeks away!

lenny nero, 100423 and Dreadnought like this.
  18. lenny nero

I don't know what to think of this cover. He looks kinda grim, but he seems to be prancing, so he's.....happy? I'm also jealous of his quads.

[​IMG]

stay crunchy, 100423 and Dreadnought like this.
  19. Dreadnought

:laugh: I also saw a pair of covers just this morning that had me excited but the music didn't have me put my soft quads to work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  20. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I just got the Nightmare Logic LP yesterday at my local record community show! My copy was pressed at RTI, instead of the usual GZ Media for some reason.

As a side-note, the mastering on LP by Telegraph Mastering is very well done after listening to Executor's Tax last night. The overall dynamic range is definitely better than the CD/digital release.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    mmthmj, lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  21. Dreadnought

Jeez went to the corner to meet my son and there's a body in orange on the sidewalk and flashing lights everywhere. A homicidal van driver hit our sidewalks. Glad my son was late as usual.

22. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

:(:(
    I just saw the news story and it looks traumatic.

Dreadnought likes this.
  23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Not digging that first track at all, weak.

lenny nero likes this.
  24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Pre-ordered new Dimmu Borgir CD. I can’t believe it’s been 8 years since their last one.

Dreadnought and stay crunchy like this.
  25. Killing Machine

Saw that on the news. Glad you and your son are ok.

Certainly some crazy times we live in.

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.