Poll: "Toys in the Attic" album by Aerosmith in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mountain Cowboy, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I'm not in love with the first but Mama Kin and Walkin The Dog are great down and dirty rock songs. Actually, Mama Kin might be my favorite Aerosmith. I have always had a soft spot for Dream On.

Get Your Wings is still my favorite with Toys a very close second.

Seasons of Wither is a great song. But their version of Train is still definitive for me. Sorry, Yardbird fans.

The only Aerosmith album I don't have is Honkin on Bobo. I will probably still get it if I find it for cheap. Actually just did for 5 bucks.

Aerosmith was one of my earliest concerts in 1978. I have always liked them.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Got Toys? Yup...
    WLP lp
    2 TML 1st press lp
    2 Quad lp
    UK lp
    2013 180 gram lp
    Original cd
    Box Of Fire cd
    SACD
    :cheers:
    Yeah, I've got all their stuff. Many versions of Rocks, too!
    The '70s were by far the best era, of course.
    The 3 '70s Quad vinyl lps are fun on a stereo rig. :righton:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    ODShowtime, Tree of Life and van1 like this.
  3. Quad Vinyl

van1 and boboquisp like this.
  4. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

I have all the LP's up to "Draw The Line". I have "Toys" on LP & 8-track.

5. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Forum Resident

Have it on SACD.

6. Mark7

Mark7 Forum Resident

Aero 1973-1986 rocks harder than the Stones ever could.

gitters likes this.
  7. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Toys, Rocks, Greatest Hits. Never really desired more, and haven't played them apart from what comes up on shuffle in probably 15 years.

8. van1

van1 Forum Resident

Not sure if there are existing threads on the Aerosmith quad's (i couldnt find any) but would love to know more about the sound and mix differences

9. stodgers

stodgers Forum Resident

I have the vinyl, and all of their 'essential albums' except Get Your Wings, which though I owned a cassette years ago has eluded my finding a good vinyl copy since.

Unless we call the debut 'essential' also, which I wouldn't.

10. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

The debut album is my second favorite after Rocks.

11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Cassette and CD. First CD ever bought.

12. stodgers

stodgers Forum Resident

I enjoy it as well, I just think that most fans wouldn't put it in the essential category because a) Steven's vocals, and b) the only 'classic' song from it is Dream On. I love other songs on the album, but they are hard to compare at all to the next three albums.

13. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Dream On is my least favorite on the album. However, overall I think it is stronger than Toys In The Attic and Get Your Wings. Each of those albums contain some songs that I don't care for as much.

14. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Have all the cds up to and including Get A Grip, also have the Transmissions cd of Aerosmith's set from the 1994 Woodstock festival. My 1st cd was Done With Mirrors which I loved and still love. My favorite tune was "When the Lightening Strikes", which I still dig a lot.

15. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

The only disc by Aerosmith I own is the 5.1 SACD. I only have it because I got it cheap.

16. tdvanb

tdvanb Forum Resident

I have "Toys" on the expensive surround SACD with a cool slipcase cover that I got on sale in the early 2000's when I bought a bunch of Sony surround SACD's (Luv my surround). I also have the regular vinyl and the SQ Quad vinyl (which sounds great decoded through the Lafayette SQ-W decoder). I have "Rocks" and "Get your wings" on "Q8 "conversions. Toys is their best- hands down- to my ears.

van1 likes this.
  17. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

How can someone have other non-comp studio stuff but not Toys In The Attic :eek:

Tree of Life likes this.
  18. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

All Aerosmith--they're a top 20 artist for me

19. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Absotively! Along with Rocks my favorite Aerosmith.

20. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Toys and some others. It was the first one I owned by them. I bought it on vinyl in the late 80s.
    Great band.

21. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I have Toys on Vinyl ( 2 copies. First Pressing & 180 g ). I have the SACD, Mastersound Gold Disc, Blu-Spec & one regular one lol that I keep in the ride.

I have all studio albums on vinyl with the exception of MFAD, Just Push Play, Honkin On BoBo & Nine Lives though I have them on CD

I have "Live Bootleg" on Vinyl which is the only "Live" stuff from them I own

On CD I also have Pandoras Box, GEMS, Big Ones & Pandoras Toys

If I Can Dream said it well.........This is an Iconic Album, from the Awesome Album Cover to the songs.

And like him "No More, No More" is my favorite tune

But "ROCKS" will always be my Favorite from them

Plus, IMO, it has the greatest Album Cover in music History

Five Diamonds, one for each member of the band and for an album they considered a Gem

22. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Well hahaha, good question...A fool and his money are soon parted is what I thought when I first read your post.

I have multiple versions of different ones and not just of "Toys"

Anyway, getting to the point, through my headphones there is a distinct difference in the quality between the regular cd, the sony master disc and definitely the Blu-spec which outshines them both....crisper and cleaner is the best way to describe it my man!

23. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

I own everything up through Pump.

On many days for me Toys in the Attic takes the #1 spot as the best Aerosmith album followed closely by Rocks and Get Your Wings.

24. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Heard Adam's Apple live before it was released. There was no question when I saw the album that I had to won it. It was big in hs, though ELP was still the flavor of the month for many people

25. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Sort of, I have fan made Quad transfer DVD-A's of Toys, Rocks and Get Your Wings.

van1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.