LIZZY BORDEN - My Midnight things - new album june 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Davidmk5, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident Thread Starter

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM Metal Blade Records!

For decades, Lizzy Borden has been one of theatrical rock’s top front-men. And on June 15th, Borden will issue his first album in 11 years, "My Midnight Things", via Metal Blade Records. Listen/order at Lizzy Borden

With the hard n’ heavy tracks of the album opening title cut “Obsessed With You” and “The Scar Across My Heart”, the extended layoff between albums has not dulled his desire to rock and shock. “Although we have stayed busy touring all over the world, I missed being a recording artist. I look at the new album as a new beginning, I pushed the restart button on my career,” Borden comments.

Having signed a new contract with Metal Blade on the strength of three demo tracks, Borden opted to produce My Midnight Things himself, with Joey Scott as co-producer, who also handled all the drumming duties. “I knew what I was going for and had doubts that I could find a producer who would understand that,” Borden explains. “My approach is very different than what is happening in today’s current sound.”

The album was also mixed by Greg Fidelman (Metallica, @Black Sabbath, Adele, U2) and mastered by Tom Baker (David Bowie, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Tom Petty).

Borden is planning on hitting the road shortly. “I’ve already started working on the ‘My Midnight Things‘ show, and I really can’t wait to play these songs live,” Borden adds. “There are so many talented players out there in the world, I know I will find the right musicians to be on stage with me in my touring band in the new show. And just based on what is being talked about so far, it will be the best show I’ve ever done. I really do feel a new excitement that I have not felt in years. The best is yet to come.”

My Midnight Things track-listing
    1. My Midnight Things
    2. Obsessed with You
    3. Long May They Haunt Us
    4. The Scar Across My Heart
    5. A Stranger to Love
    6. The Perfect Poison
    7. Run Away with Me
    8. Our Love Is God
    9. My Midnight Things (Reprise)
    10. We Belong to the Shadows

2. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Saw a Facebook announcement for this... Needless to say, my interest is piqued! :righton:

Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Looking forward to this big time. Can't seem to find any info on the limited digi w/extra tracks spoken of in the full press release though....

4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

excited. been too long since the last album

Jimmy Agates and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. Davidmk5

yeh , it's not even show on the metal blade order page ?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Found it on Amazon UK and subsequently ordered

3 ADDITIONAL TRACKS

1. My Midnight Things
    2. Obsessed with You
    3. Long May They Haunt Us
    4. The Scar Across My Heart
    5. A Stranger to Love
    6. The Perfect Poison
    7. Run Away with Me
    8. Our Love is God
    9. My Midnight Things (Reprise)
    10. We Belong to the Shadows
    11. Long May They Haunt Us (Reprise)
    12. Silent Night
    13. Waiting in the Wings (2018)

Matthew Tate and Davidmk5 like this.
  7. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

what does he mean by touring band? isn't marten still on the band? Ira black left again? These guys can't hold a guitarist wth?
    anyone got the vinyl reissues of their first 2 albums? Any comment on sound quality?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Davidmk5

not sure if Martin is still on board pretty sure Ira has been long gone as he has been in Dokken for a while now ............ maybe it's just Joey & him now ?

Matthew Tate and porotikos like this.
  9. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

been reading his fb page. It seems he has gone solo (but obviously his brother will be the drummer). It's a pitty since Marten is one hell of a bassist. Anyway i am happy i saw them when they had Dario and AC as guitarists. Hope the new album SOUNDS fantastic. Joey Scott has done the production from what i read.

10. Davidmk5

I too saw them with Dario & Ac , great shows & then i think i saw them with just Dario when AC left ............. I do hope Martin is in when they tour , I always liked him as a bass player as well .....

porotikos likes this.
  11. Matthew Tate

"long may they haunt us" has been stuck in my head for weeks now.

anyone have a clue how old lizzy borden the singer actually is? does he and his brother work for metal blade records? they have been at that label for at least 30 years and seem to just pop up when they want

12. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

i dont think so. lizzy does have a contract with metal blade though. any othe song apart from the 2 tha we know, leaked?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Matthew Tate

oh ok. just wondering as they went 5 years between master of disguise and a best of. then didn't have a new album until 2000. they also released that album under the band name STARWOOD on metal blade and then they have released 2 albums in the last 12 years both on metal blade. just was wondering why he has been on that label for over 30 years now and the last 30 years has released just 6 releases all on metal blade. seems odd to keep him around so long and I wonder what he does for money since no way he is making a living solely off of music. thought maybe he and his brother were producers or engineers for metal blade

btw are you digging the new songs?

porotikos likes this.
  14. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

look the band suffered a lot. they never had luck with guitarists. In the 80s they were big enough. Then all trouble begun.
    i think that they obviously come from rich families and don't care. That's the only possible explanation I can give. Also when dario Lorena left for Zack wylde's band, Lizzy were given tons of money as obviously he was in some sort of contract? I know they bought a plane with that money... Imagine that

15. Matthew Tate

I just meant they haven't been very big for 30 years and seem to play very few concerts now so no clue how he makes a living.
    either he came from wealth or lizzy is in some investment firm or real estate or something.

you never commented on your thoughts of the 2 new songs

porotikos likes this.
  16. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

i liked the 2 songs that surfaced. a lot. i think these and the previous album, are liked they were made in the 80s ,in lizzy bordewn's glory days. awesome. But in order to preorder the new album, id need to hear more stuff. though the reviews have been excellent so far. hope a new song leaks any day now

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Matthew Tate

cool. I really enjoy them. I see a lot of people complaining these sound like generic modern rock pop punk tunes. there is clearly a more modern feel to these tunes and the appointment with death album which I'm listening to at this moment. the music is still great. a great song is a great song

porotikos likes this.
  18. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

unfortunately the album is overcompeessed and most of all, bad. The two previous released songs are the only ones worth. Too many non metal elements (gothic etc), a cover of silent night (yes that bad), 2 reprises of the only 2 songs worth... I wonder if i am the only one sad...

19. Matthew Tate

I have it on the way. hopefully I like it better than you

porotikos likes this.
  20. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

I will wait on your review. I love Lizzy borden, but this apart from 2 songs isnt the Lizzy borden we loved. Unfortunately. its the same story again and again and again. band goes solo, quality goes south...
    I am still laughing about the dr6 combined with the comments about excellent production from Lizzy and his Brother

21. Matthew Tate

is it just the style of music or you think the songs are bad?

22. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

that is a very nice question. most songs are definitely not the kind of "heavy metal" lizzy borden have been known for.
    Apart from that (i listen and love many styles from rock to jazz etc etc and as a musician myself, i am not narrow minded), the compositions are mediocre. really apart from the 2 songs that were released before the album, nothing else is really strong. the rest of the songs are fillers or worse than that. nothing memorable. it is as if lizzy had nice material enough only for 2 songs... i am gutted

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Matthew Tate

I like the 2 already released and maybe 2-3 more. I don't mind the style change

porotikos likes this.
  24. Davidmk5

^^^^^^ This is what i have been Told is Lizzy & His brother have family $$$ and are pretty set , not sure if it's true or not , but it makes sense ............ Joey scott is always out at all kinds of events & stuff in & around Hollywood ................ good for them that they get to do music when they want & enjoy life the rest of the time ...

I was all Gung ho on this Album & like you once i heard it , kinda scratching my head ............

Matthew Tate and porotikos like this.
  25. Davidmk5

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.