Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

3:15 AM I was fifth in line:

Pink Floyd
    Tom Waits x3
    Zappa
    David Bowie 1st LP
    Cure Mixed Up
    Sundays
    Zeppelin 7"

Will probably go back later.

scotti likes this.
  2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Well,being sick,I had slept so much the past few days that I ended up awake early,so I took a ride to a couple record stores after all...........
    I scored my mono Piper,The Grateful Dead,Zeppelin 7"The Doors & The Who Kids Are Allright and Chuck Berry.It`s not like I really needed all of this stuff(except Piper)!By far this is the most I have ever bought on RSD.
    I`m back home to a relaxing afternoon playing records.

Haggis Wampovich, Rekkerds and scotti like this.
  3. Goggen

Goggen Forum Resident

After buying 7 RSD records I went to a fleemarket and picked up 16 records for the price of the cheapest RSD-LP.

Got a beautiful early pressing of Genesis - From Genesis To Revelation. The best buy of the day :laugh:

4. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

I think this is why Bullmoose lists the prices. It draws attention to them underselling.

5. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

Anyone get the Miles Davis?

Scope J likes this.
  6. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

Pretty successful morning at Forch's in Cambridge. Arrived 10 minutes before opening (had a 3 yr old with me, so didn't want to be outside too long) and there were only 13 or 14 in front of me. Got the Neil Young Roxy, The Who Kids Are Alright, Led Zeppelin single and Arcade Fire EP. No sign of the Cash Folsom, Springsteen GH or some others that I would have liked to get, but I'm happy with what I did get and how much I spent. Passed on the Jeff Buckley live set as it was around $80, and I wasn't desperate to get it. Overall, I was in and out in around 15 minutes including waiting time. Stopped in at the Sunrise records on the way home to see if they had anything interesting but they only had around 10 titles and nothing that I was bothered about.

7. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Ok thanks for the heads up, slide records said he would get me a copy, stayed all afternoon for a couple of local artists, place was packed when the first act started, and I stood talking to the second act who we had seen before and have tickets for her gig in Milton Keynes in November the very lovely Danni Nicholls
    Anyway, I also came out with bowie now and the Tim Burgess album, so I had a fantastic afternoon with no pushing and shoving

Purplefowler likes this.
  8. Plenty here at my store, just waiting to see if Side 4 is the full version before buying.

9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’ve been to Newbury in the past and Bull Moose the last couple of years. Aside from the pricing issues and racing around the store, I appreciate that the Moose hands out numbered tickets based on your place in line. It rewards the early risers and minimizes chaos. I arrived at 730 for an 800 open, got to the bins at 830, and got all that was on my list. Very well done.

10. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Well if he draws a black, give black circle a bell :)

smartiepants likes this.
  11. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

I was in line at 10am when mine opened and we were a civilised bunch of men and women aged approximately 35-55. I managed to get the majority on my list:
    Joe Cocker Live
    Eurogliders This Island
    Eurogliders Absolutely!
    Black Sorrows
    Springsteen Greatest Hits Red Vinyl
    Eurythmics 1984- For The Love Of Big Brother

I was also hoping for Ella live at Sardis but couldn’t get hold of it.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  12. SWLABR

SWLABR Forum Resident

I was 3rd in line at Forch's!!

I grabbed the 7" Zeppelin, Soundgarden A-Sides, live Allman Bros, one of the 2 Cure remixes, and the Jimmy Page LP. I spent waaaaay too much, but I'm happy with what I grabbed.

scotti likes this.
  13. Jack

Jack Senior Member

7th in line at Bull Moose. Got everything I wanted, spent around $300.00

dkmonroe, Carl80 and scotti like this.
  14. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Got to my store this morning, first in line...got lucky and got most everything I wanted...

BOC - Rarities Vol 2 (one of my favorite bands and got one of the copies that had one of the 100 autographed Golden Tickets) Almost had a tears in my eyes when I pulled it out!
    Grant Green - Funk In France
    Grant Green - Oil Can
    Pink Floyd - Piper
    Neil Young - Roxy
    Soundgarden - A Sides
    David Bowie - Blackout
    David Bowie - 1st
    The End - Retrospective
    Baby Huey - Living Legend
    Jethro Tull - Moths 10" (got this for a friend who has seen them 100 times)

Great seeing everyone's treasures, this is a fun thread to read! Will come back after a couple days and give my thoughts on the sound and such...

DPM, kouzie, LeeGriffin and 5 others like this.
  15. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

For the few of you who picked up the Steven Wilson 12", does it include a download card? And what price did you pay? Bullmoose has it listed for $9 and "in store only", but I saw someone else in this thread paid $22 at their store. The nearest store participating is over an hour away for me so I'm going to try to find a copy online for a reasonable price.

16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Did anyone in the UK see Oldboy and Lady Vengeance soundtracks?

17. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Anyone in the 831 area.. highly recommend checking Siren Records (Monterey) and Do Re Mi (Carmel) ..
    carry nearly everything listed.. and never need to get there before 8am for a line

troggy likes this.
  18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

3:15 am, wow.

19. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Was able to get all of the Bowie titles, Stones, Prince and Nick Drakes 1st lp , 1st press, on Island, which was a very welcomed surprise. Missed Floyd (my guy didn't receive any) and Zeppelin 7". That sold out in seconds and I couldn't get through the mob to snatch one!

20. Chrisedge

Chrisedge Forum Resident

My local store (Factory Records Costa Mesa, CA) opens at 5am, got there at 6am, to find 5 people in line (probably 8 inside, its a 400sf store)...Found everything I wanted except the Belly 10"

Johnny Cash Folsom Set
    Ramones Demos
    Bowie Let's Dance
    Zep 7"
    U2 Lights Of Home (Most wanted and they only had 2 left)

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I saw the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison set, $69 CDN.

What's the deal with the Springsteen GH? Hasn't that already been released on 180 g vinyl? Isn't this one a re-issue? Anything special about it?

22. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Has anyone seen the Sun Records comp?

23. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

It doesn't go against the "spirit" of RSD, it goes against the RULES of RSD. I am perfectly entitled to judge him, he is potentially depriving a mug customer who queued for hours for something.

BGLeduc likes this.
  24. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

In 3 stores, all very quiet, no queues, maybe everyone was at the Record Centre!

Bowie - Blackout $65
    Bowie Now - $30
    Tangerine Dream - $45
    Johnny Cash - $75

No way was I paying $30 for a Motorhead 7”

Also got Changestwo and the silver Aladdin Sane which I had on order

Might pop out later to see if I can get the T Rex and Eno (although that’s supposed to be scarce)

I hear very few copies of the Floyd reached Ottawa.

nosliw likes this.
  25. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

I was tempted by the Jimmy Page LP but I was already close to my upper budget, so passed on that one. It was my first time at Forch's and it's a nice store. I was pleasantly surprised that the line was still fairly small when I got there. I usually use Millpond Records in Hespeler and when I got there last year there was about 30-40 people in front of me about 20 minutes or so before opening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.