Are you satisfied with your hifi system?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Airbus, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2point1

2point1 Forum Resident

I'm satisfied beyond expectations.... Just added some new floor standers, thoroughly enjoying the upgrade. :edthumbs:

Gasman1003, Clonesteak and Manimal like this.
  2. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

You know I answered this thread long ago, but I’m sitting here listening to jazz albums on a beautiful sunny day with the windows up and a soft breeze.. cold cold beer,Yea I’m pretty satisfied with my system. 69 degrees and perfect:)

3. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Yes and no. I find my speakers to be on the screechy/thin side sometimes (Jamo D430 bookshelf). Seriously considering replacing them with a pair of Dynaudio Excite X18. But my budget is sort of limited, so it's quite a decision.

4. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

After seeing the beautiful 5.2 Paradigm Persona setup (~$80,000+ original retail price) currently being sold individually in Audiogon now for ~40% off, I am not satisfied. This is because it is ~10 years too early, before my kids are done with college. :p. Else I would be considering the whole 5.2 setup, may be....

timind and Manimal like this.
  5. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

if you ever have a chance listen to the rogue audio stereo 100 in triode mode.

6. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I wasn't truly satisfied with my headphones-only system until I got my Sennheiser HD600s. Those were my proverbial "endgame", and I'm done. This is as good as it gets for me.

timind, Ham Sandwich and Manimal like this.
  7. Not satisfied but have decided to make the most of it as I'm contemplating retirement next year (68yo then) and all things audio will be an unnecessary luxury.

PooreBoy and weavzy like this.
  8. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

Are you satisfied with your hifi system?

If you are, you are not a bona fide audiophile OR you're taking large doses of medication for audiophilia nervosa.

SirMarc and Manimal like this.
  9. jmrife

jmrife Wife. Kids. Grandkids. Dog. Music.

I'd say I am 95% satisfied. That other 5% could cost me thousand$, so I am not expecting to get there.

Gie663, samurai and Manimal like this.
  10. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

oh, hell YES ................

never been happier for the 2nd post isn here, third? fourth ? unsure.

either way this is the best i have ever had, and its as taken me a long journey to get where i am at, im stoked with my implement of power !

Manimal likes this.
  11. Bathory

i use all mccormack gear with Energy speakers.

i have never been happier, or had such a good soound.
    no matter what i play its great.

couple weeks ago, wife was on the couch, i was playing the new Magnum cd, she fell asleep.......... thats a miracle

Bananas&blow likes this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

That’s how you can tell it’s good. Knocks people out. No joke

13. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

I go through periods of satisfaction, and the current system does sound very good, but I still just recently bought two new (old) pieces, phono preamp and amp, both Conrad Johnson and both from the 90s. Life goes on, things change, love new music and new gear... and so the cycle continues, love a lot of stuff from the 90s, listening to Bowery Electric Beat from 1996 right now, but the 2015 reissue on Kranky, very nicely done. The system changes are mainly about optimization, not anything major, it's like getting the best pressing of your favorite albums, the music is still the same, just improving the space.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    timind likes this.
  14. Nelson52

Nelson52 New Member

Very satisfied with my system. It is the room I would like to change.

timind likes this.
  15. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

This is where I've been for years even though I've tried to push beyond.

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

No. My turntable sucks.

Bananas&blow and SandAndGlass like this.
  17. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Can't afford not to...

Gasman1003 likes this.
  18. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

So does mine.
    I'm happy with the rest of my system, but my turntable deficiency needs to be corrected.

19. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Yes very much so but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear a Raven Audio Osprey drive my system. :cheers:

20. Nick Brook

Nick Brook Forum Resident

I'm ecstatic with my Hifi situation.
    For the first time in years, I've got a small dedicated listening room again . :D
    Just got my PP20 tube amp back from Icon Audio , and after some discussions with Icon's owner about speakers for smaller rooms, there's a set of these little beauties slowly running in. MFV6 Loudspeakers | Icon Audio .

So all in all , it's all good on the sonics front.

SirMarc, Manimal and timind like this.
  21. timind

timind phorum rezident

We recently took a trip to Phoenix to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday. A day or two after our return I finally found time to sit down and listen to some music; about ten seconds in to the first song I thought, man this sounds good.

Very satisfied.

ggjjr, Manimal and Clonesteak like this.
  22. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Very happy with my current set up. Just added new speakers (DeVore Gibbon 88's) and really enjoying the sound. Will probably upgrade to a better cartridge at some point when the current one dies. Maybe a new phono amp with the cartridge upgrade. But, currently, all is well.

23. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You are a regular audio guy. So pray tell, why does your TT suck? :shh:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I think the best I had was a TD-125 -- smooth and detailed, but being used to digital's "punch" and "slam" I felt like I needed more hit. A Technics SL-1200 gave me the bass I like, but otherwise I lost a lot of nuance. A Thorens TD-160 brought the slam and an almost "CD-like" hit, but I fell for the vocals and British low-key smooth sound of an Ariston nd mistakenly dumped that TD160 when I got the Ariston. Now I want a table with more punch. I still haven't rewired the Lenco and Grado arm combo because I've had a bad DIY run lately and feel jinxed. We'll see what that brings.

And I'm beginning to wonder if I actually get more crappy sounding vinyl pressings than I do digital masterings. Hmmmm?

So, yes, the potentially best sounding component, is always the most frustrating. How about a: "I Hate My Turntable" club? :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. Bathory

agree %110
    i find myself knocking out a wee bit doing some listening, and im sober when i get sleepy, catch myself dozing off a wee bit.
    this is the first time in my life this has ever happened, when jamming music, and i listen to %85 metal - malevolent creation is on in the background, and i actually find myself getting sleepy.
    i like it. even the wife says, it sounds good. that in itself is a rarity.

enjoy the music

Manimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.