Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

I discovered I wasn't using JRiver correctly. I was adding extra processing to my Dolby DVD's thinking it was a necessary setting when it's not. Among other recordings, I get a much more open sound from the PULSE DVD. The bass is the real lure for me for this new vinyl release. If the bass isn't a ton more clear amidst a predicted improved separation of everything in general, I will be bummed. Particularly on cuts where Nick's kick drum is battling the guy in the drum cage and it all conflates with the bass. I know such an improvement should be obvious given the increased dynamics of vinyl over anything on a DVD. It's a live recording and nothing is guaranteed. It's just, I know what I want to hear and I really hope I get to hear it.

Not that I have any expectations now that I've sunk my money.... If anyone with the previous vinyl release can speak to this, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I HATE Soundstage Direct! Word of warning to anyone even considering them. I placed over $200 in 4 seperate orders over three weeks ago and canceled all four today as it had basically been "crickets" and "still processing." I placed the orders with Amazon and will have the records by Monday and even a few of them today on same day delivery. Re-ordered the Pulse through Amazon, well worth the additional $10-15 to avoid major hassel when it is released. Amazon only from here on out...

3. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I caved. Ordered it. Son of a b..........
    :) ;)

4. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

I have the exact same problem with SD- "In Stock" is meaningless...
    Perhaps its where I live, the midwest, I don't know but orders ALWAYS take forever to receive. I'm done with them..

bootbox and Jam757 like this.
  5. The Revealer

I'll either put my patience cap on and tough it out, or they'll end up taking the decision out of my hands and I'll cancel at some point. I'm not turning back now. I appreciate the heads up, though.

6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Yeah, I thought I could "be patient" and deal with the "month or two" but then I got to thinking about how my credit card was charged immediately. Upon further investigation into this company it appears they keep zero stock on all titles and order supply "as needed." This business model does not work for me. If I pay for something whether it be Ebay, Discogs, or anywhere else I expect that sucker to be in a box leaving the post office in no more than 2-3 days. I do hope for those that ordered on here that Soundstage gets a supply and can properly fill these on the release date. I will say they were very professional about canceling the order and quickly refunding so I give them point for that.

7. The Revealer

Your arguments have caused me to reconsider my position. (Hey! I'm nothing if not a flexible thinker.) I have written for a guarantee of order fulfillment on release date seeing as how my payment has been made. Thanks for the serious heads up. If they hem and haw, I will cancel and go for a more certain option. Saving money is no advantage if you get screwed on the other end!

Jam757 likes this.
  8. The Revealer

Cancelled with SD. Reordered through Amazon. They didn't reply after three days - not even an acknowledgment - and I figured that was the signal to move now. Still went with the ground shipping for free. I've waited this long, after all. I just hope Marketing doesn't follow up right away with a blu ray release or someone's going to find me locked in my basement wiring light bulbs to a straightjacket. As that image is completely non-sensical, it's probably time to lock me up already.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. Teal

Teal Member

Hey do you know if there is only a limited amount of copys released or will I be able to buy this in a couple months or so either?

10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

No limit AFAIK.

The only attractions to buying it early are 1) duh, to get it early and 2) the possibility the pre-order price being lower than 2 or 3 months down the road.

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

No clue if I'll get that vinyl set so soon but I'll have my eyes on Ebay.

12. Pre-order price dropped to around $80 now.

Jam757 likes this.
  13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s the exact same price on Amazon.US as it was over a month ago. $80.19.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

You can always cancel a pre-order.

15. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

Pre ordered mine from day one along with relics too cant wait to get this on release day

Hattipper likes this.
  16. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Had mine preordered at one place. They informed me it would be in in 2-3 weeks.

Cancelled. Ordered on Amazon for the same price and it will be here release day.

Boom.

Jam757 likes this.
  17. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Limited to 600,000 copies. In all seriousness you should be ok but I wouldn't wait too long. I did that with Eric Clapton Steve Winwood Live At MSG. It was going for around $70-80 and they one day I looked and boom, up to $400 or more. Now probably even way more than that.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Why would this be any different - in terms of availability and remaining in print for some time to come - than the other PF vinyl reissues? Because of the book?

19. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I have no idea. Hopefully it's widely available for the fans. I was mostly thinking just because its a 4lp box it might be more limited. I forgot about the book, looking forward to that. They really need to get to work on the live Dark Side show from 1973 and Is There Anybody Out There. High quality vinyl of these masterpieces is desperately needed!

20. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

hmm seems expensive...ive ordered TONS of stuff from SSD and never had a problem amazon on the other hand has no clue how to ship vinyl..
    they threw the tom petty anthology in a box to flop around and destroy itself

21. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I preordered via amazon but might cancel. I have the cd and rarely play it. It does look wonderful and it will probably sound great.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  22. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I went back and forth over this, and ultimately decided that the price is fair, it will likely get a complete listen 1-2 times a year, and I would miss not having it in my collection. I can listen to it via TIDAL, too, but if I am being honest, spinning the vinyl "feels" better :) It may even sound better :)

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  23. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Totally disagree with this and would say they are probably the best and most consistent at shipping vinyl. Now if you deal with Amazon UK or Amazon Germany that's a different story. In my experience they have almost always packed the vinyl in a box (meant for vinyl with good protection on corners and then inside another larger box with plastic air pillows. The main issues people have with SSD is no reply's when you send them messages and no effort at all on their part to follow through with timely shipping.

Hattipper likes this.
  24. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I think $80 plus tax is fair too especially for a Pink Floyd deluxe set on vinyl. Their LPs are about $25 a pop and this one has a book, etc. The Mono Piper was a no brainer and have played it at least 6 times since RSD. Oh I should probably just let amazon ship it to me!

Wired4Fun and Hattipper like this.
  25. wrat

wrat Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.