Beatles U. S. Boxed Set Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kevintee, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

I, on the other hand, was hoping he was just getting started and am looking forward to many more such posts from him decrying this abomination and cursing the nerve that Apple displayed in arrogantly and disrespectfully foisting this fake con job on the public.

MarkTheShark, coffeetime and Michael like this.
  2. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

All you have to do is go to the original US Albums thread and you’ll find a plethora of posts from Michael decrying this release. There’s no need for him to keep repeating himself.

Shaker Steve likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

as long as the others defend it...now back off.

4. Michael

yes, perfectly put my friend! Oh boy do I as well...

JamesD1957 likes this.
  5. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Who’s defending it? The box’s flaws (and there are many) have been well-documented on this forum.

#strawman

dlokazip likes this.
  6. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Hard to say, but I paid $30 each for them, and that seems to about the going rate. So this isn't ridiculously low for a price. Maybe the condition or some other factor would explain it.

bvb1123 likes this.
  7. Michael

I guess you are not following close enough...NOW PLEASE STOP ...I'm getting tired of your harassment.

8. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Obviously you haven't read my criticisms fot the remasters and how I even prefer the 87 CDs for some of the albums.

In any case, I don't understand how my opinions justify your double standars for narrowing and other sound manipulations. And then you have the nerve to despise other people's standards.

Fortunately, you have been exposed here.

Shaker Steve likes this.
  9. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

.........Says the man that harasses everyone who disagrees with his opinion, across every thread about the 2014 US Box Set. You are trying (& failing) to defend the indefensible. Your Dexterised versions are the only fakes. If Dexter was so good why was he removed from that job? It was because The Beatles were sick of him trashing their music. After Revolver Capitol were forced to toe the EMI line & issue the UK version of the remaining albums.

Michael likes this.
  10. A well respected man

Something more, actually, since it includes most of the unique US mixes.

But yes, I would have liked a Capitol vol. 3 too.

11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Yesterday and Today and A Hard Day's Night are definitely worth getting for a few mixes not on the 2009 CDs. Even after getting the Capitol boxes.

12. A well respected man

Also Hey Jude and Revolver (for their art cover and configuration, since they don't have any unique mix), which were not released in the Capitol boxes. The Beatles Story too, but it is not sold separately.

13. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Yeah, I love my copy of Hey Jude for nostalgic reasons, as there is nothing there not on the 2009 discs.

US Revolver always seemed pointless to me, until someone pointed out that if you didn't have the mono box it was a good way to get the mono mix.

BuckNaked likes this.
  14. Michael

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! but I've those Dexy fakes!

Shaker Steve likes this.
  15. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

Aah, now we're getting somewhere, at least you're now admitting that those Dexy's are fakes.lol

Michael likes this.
  16. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Yup, pretty much. Now go play in traffic.

17. Michael

LOL...

18. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

What are the odds that Apple/Universal might at some point revisit these albums again, maybe releasing the original masters in some kind of a package along the lines of those Sony "original album collection" sets?

The release of the 2014 box doesn't necessarily rule something like that out. All they would have to do is read some threads on this forum to see that there is a demand.

All it takes is four signatures...

JamesD1957 likes this.
  19. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Yeah, but using the 87 stereo remixes, for the Help! and Rubber Soul tracks, as they did on the stereo 09 box, was really bad when they had the remastered 65 stereo mixes available that were bonuses in the mono box.

Sidewinder43 likes this.
  20. Marty T

Marty T Stereo Fan

I wonder if such gnashing of teeth was the desired result. For 50 years, the Beatles decried the abomination that was the disrespectful fake con job Capitol foisted upon their stateside fans with those Dexterizations we Americans fell for - hook, line and sinker - and now hold so sacred. As one who loves and prefers the choices made on the U.S. Albums set, whatever possible retaliatory intentions Apple had, realized the opposite effect on me. But for those who cry foul and "how dare they!" - Apple is likely shedding a crocodile tear and going back to counting the sales figures.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  21. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I still cant believe they didn't make a complete US set on CD. Even the Capitol Pepper album cover is slightly different than the Parlophone cover, with that yellow border, and the famous Capitol swirl, just like the MMT album.

If your gonna f''it up, f''it all up as a complete set!!!!

John Porcellino likes this.
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

There are no duophonic mixes in the U.S. Albums box set. Mono-only tracks stayed as true mono tracks even in the stereo section of the individual albums.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Michael and Marty T like this.
  23. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

It's been a while since I went back to that set but I believe there *are* a few "Capitol-only" unique verisons on there such as the reverberized I Feel Fine and She's A Woman (they may be only on the mono portion of the CD, however).

24. AlecA

AlecA Forum Resident

And don't forget that the US Let It Be gatefold is different from the UK version!

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  25. Michael

LOL, that's funny, but...

Bingo Bongo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.